Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shea Patterson Rue-mor

vCash
    I didn't see tv showing Pat Pat at the TAMU game, which they usually do when a injured star is on the sidelines. Anybody else see him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    Look for a certain former SHS WR to put on the Crimson threads next season as well.
    Makes sense, they probably the only one that can afford to meet his price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I?ve also heard that, which is a killer. I don?t want her m here but I sure as hell don?t want him there. That?s a winnable game for us next year and he?s a game changer.

ETA: I thought he was overhyped coming out of high school. He wasn?t.
    Ha,Glad you finally agree with me. Around signing day back then yall gave me hell for saying how good he was, and with all the Rebel lover stuff because I said it.

He was a man among boys in HS and not signing him is hurting us now.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    Actually, if there's anyone who is very unlikely to transfer, it'd be Brown.
    I agree. I think he plays there next year then declares. He likes that pass happy O and will put up big numbers.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Personally, I hope all most of their players stay. They are currently no threat, and the only way they become one is by transferring to teams on our schedule.
    You honestly think Tamu, Brown and Metcalf are not threats? They damn sure will be Thursday night

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    You honestly think Tamu, Brown and Metcalf are not threats? They damn sure will be Thursday night
    Here you go, again... tell us how great OM is

vCash
    Only way they are a threat is if we don’t get pressure on the Hawaiian. If he sits in the pocket for 5 minutes then yeh they will probably break the record for passing yards. But we will also have the rushing record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Here you go, again... tell us how great OM is
    LOL this is his favorite subject

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    LOL this is his only subject
    Fify

FWIW, I think those guys will score some on us, but give me fitz, aeris, our oline, and dline over them all day, every day. OM has wins over USA, ut Martin, vandy, Kentucky, and ull. They lost to 4-6 cal, ark, and just a decent aTm

vCash
    What exactly indicates to you guys that Brown has lived up to the hype? He's had exactly one impact game against a quality opponent in his career thus far, which was Auburn this year. The vast majority of his stats are against cupcakes. If you pay attention to him in their games, you notice that he plays soft, drops a lot more passes than a receiver of his reputation should, and usually folds under adversity. He's very talented, absolutely no doubt, but a closer look shows that he hasn't lived up to the elite receiver he's somehow become known as.

vCash
    Fify

FWIW, I think those guys will score some on us, but give me fitz, aeris, our oline, and dline over them all day, every day. OM has wins over USA, ut Martin, vandy, Kentucky, and ull. They lost to 4-6 cal, ark, and just a decent aTm
    And adding to your post, this is their second half scoring totals against 3 mediocre to bad defenses: Cal-0, Arky-6, ATM-0. Not exactly a juggernaut after defenses settle in on them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    And adding to your post, this is their second half scoring totals against 3 mediocre to bad defenses: Cal-0, Arky-6, ATM-0. Not exactly a juggernaut after defenses settle in on them.
    Nice stat

vCash
    God forbid you actually look at Ole Miss realistically. Then you become a OM homer.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    Only way they are a threat is if we don?t get pressure on the Hawaiian. If he sits in the pocket for 5 minutes then yeh they will probably break the record for passing yards. But we will also have the rushing record.
    Too bad in real life you don't get pressure on QB's every snap. They will have a few big plays and they will burn our secondary a couple of times. Mainly because of the size difference. Same way Ridley did (twice). Same way Gaines from La Tech did. Same way Hastings from AU did. Same way Stove for AU did. Same way Isabella did for UMass (twice).

Now, there are 5 different examples of receivers that have busted big plays on us. Some more than once. We can take Ridley out since some will argue that he is elite. And even then Brown still has more than 200 yards receiving than Ridley. Hard to look past the fact that he is the number one receiver in the SEC. Get real if you are in denial that there won't be any big plays from one of their 3 main receivers. I hope our players don't think like a lot of you going into this game. I would've taken one of them over any single one of our receivers any day. Go ahead with the accusations of me saying that I think OM is great. Seems like an easy way to keep your head in the sand after some one says something you don't like to hear.

We will pound the ball until they collapse and then embarrass them. Their run D is atrocious. Pass D is probably almost as bad too. But to think they won't have a big receiving play for a TD or no TD, or that we will have pressure on Ta'amu every single snap is just not being realistic. Not defending or saying they are better, (except in the WR position), just being real. Melt away.
    Last edited by HarryBuff; 11-21-2017 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryBuff View Post
    God forbid you actually look at Ole Miss realistically. Then you become a OM homer.

Too bad in real life you don't get pressure on QB's every snap. They will have a few big plays and they will burn our secondary a couple of times. Mainly because of the size difference. Same way Ridley did (twice). Same way Gaines from La Tech did. Same way Hastings from AU did. Same way Stove for AU did. Same way Isabella did for UMass (twice).

Now, there are 5 different examples of receivers that have busted big plays on us. Some more than once. We can take Ridley out since some will argue that he is elite. And even then Brown still has more than 200 yards receiving than Ridley. Hard to look past the fact that he is the number one receiver in the SEC. Get real if you are in denial that there won't be any big plays from one of their 3 main receivers. I hope our players don't think like a lot of you going into this game. I would've taken one of them over any single one of our receivers any day. Go ahead with the accusations of me saying that I think OM is great. Seems like an easy way to keep your head in the sand after some one says something you don't like to hear.

We will pound the ball until they collapse and then embarrass them. Their run D is atrocious. Pass D is probably almost as bad too. But to think they won't have a big receiving play for a TD or no TD, or that we will have pressure on Ta'amu every single snap is just not being realistic. Not defending or saying they are better, (except in the WR position), just being real. Melt away.
    Spider predicted OM to beat LSU and be 8-3 in the egg bowl. Spider has built OM up to be more than they are... well, since I can remember. Last year in the egg, he pronounced the game was over and we were gonna lose even though we were winning at the time. He told us how much stronger shea?s arm was than kelly?s (Lol). Spider looks at OM like the rest of us look at bama. He overvalues them, period.

BTW, who said we would shut them down completely? They will score some and we will score more, maybe a lot more

Banned
    vCash
    I agree. I think he plays there next year then declares. He likes that pass happy O and will put up big numbers.
    and he wants his check

vCash

Ridley actually has a little more receiving yards than Brown in conference only games. Not saying Brown isn't good but his total yards are somewhat inflated vs weak opponents. He did have a good game against Auburn but it was 9 for 69 yards without the one 40 yard reception after they were down 38-3 in the second half.

vCash
    Spider predicted OM to beat LSU and be 8-3 in the egg bowl. Spider has built OM up to be more than they are... well, since I can remember. Last year in the egg, he pronounced the game was over and we were gonna lose even though we were winning at the time. He told us how much stronger shea?s arm was than kelly?s (Lol). Spider looks at OM like the rest of us look at bama. He overvalues them, period.

BTW, who said we would shut them down completely? They will score some and we will score more, maybe a lot more
    Just seems like a common response around here if any one even thinks about saying one positive thing that OM's team does.

By saying the "Only way they will be a threat is if we don't put pressure on the Hawaiian" is being unrealistic. Look at how much pressure we dialed in on Hurts. Ta'amu is no Hurts, but it takes one or two slip ups to put points on the board or have an explosive play. My point was our secondary has had plenty of slip ups this year and they have 3 solid receivers to have to pay attention to. Period. We will dominate across the board otherwise IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Ridley actually has a little more receiving yards than Brown in conference only games. Not saying Brown isn't good but his total yards are somewhat inflated vs weak opponents. He did have a good game against Auburn but it was 9 for 69 yards without the one 40 yard reception after they were down 38-3 in the second half.
    Bama has played plenty of cupcakes, like OM, to make up the difference.

Not gonna try to prove my point anymore. Then it would seem like I'm defending OM. I'm no Spidey.

vCash
    I'm no Spidey.
    Spider is a good poster... I like him. He just really thinks OM is good

vCash
    Bama has played plenty of cupcakes, like OM, to make up the difference.

Not gonna try to prove my point anymore. Then it would seem like I'm defending OM. I'm no Spidey.
    Those were conference only games I compared Ridley and Brown's stats. You point was that Brown had so much more yards than Ridley but that was for all games. Cupcake Games where Brown played the entire game and Ridley played for a half inflated the numbers. Against conference only teams, Ridley actually has a few more yards. Both very good but let's look at the whole picture when using stats. If you take it even further against ranked opponents Brown is like 8th or 9th in the league