Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Shea Patterson Rue-mor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Are they 8-3 like spider predicted? No, well then spider overvalues OM.
    You find where I predicted they would be 8-3 without beating LSU
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    No, I'm not.

Further, 19 year old kids really believe everything their coaches say. FART
    So they don't listen to coaches or observe film instead they think like you an outside fan reading espn?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    You honestly think Tamu, Brown and Metcalf are not threats? They damn sure will be Thursday night
    I hate Ole Miss with a passion, but I'm with you, Spider. Anyone who does not think we could lose this game is brain dead. Will we lose? I doubt it seriously, but anyone who thinks we can just show up and win is delusional, in that Ole Miss has a lot of talented players, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Fortunately, I do not for a minute believe our players and coaches think we can just sleep-walk through this game.
    Last edited by Dolphus Raymond; 11-21-2017 at 09:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryBuff View Post
    Just seems like a common response around here if any one even thinks about saying one positive thing that OM's team does.

By saying the "Only way they will be a threat is if we don't put pressure on the Hawaiian" is being unrealistic. Look at how much pressure we dialed in on Hurts. Ta'amu is no Hurts, but it takes one or two slip ups to put points on the board or have an explosive play. My point was our secondary has had plenty of slip ups this year and they have 3 solid receivers to have to pay attention to. Period. We will dominate across the board otherwise IMO.
    Get off my dick,man. They are going to score but if we consistently get pressure like we know we can then no they won?t be a big threat. I.e. the second half of the A&M game.
    Last edited by GreenheadDawg; 11-21-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    So they don't listen to coaches or observe film instead they think like you an outside fan reading espn?
    Damn straight they do. Coaches try their best, but if all players listened to the coaches they'd never have a down game at all.

I hate to pull this card, but you'd know this if you'd ever been involved with football. Ever heard of teams having trouble dealing with success?? Obviously you're one of those clueless fans who expect perfection every damn week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    Get off my dick,man. They are going to score but if we consistently get pressure like we know we can then no they won?t be a big threat. I.e. the second half of the A&M game.
    I'm not "on your dick"......man. Chill out. You've been in 2/3 threads I've even posted in and had something to say about close to half my posts. And I'm the one that was told to get some thicker skin. Riiiiiiight.

Our D-line should wear them down and eat them up. You're right. But I damn sure thought we were going to eat up Arkansas' line too. Just go out there and put some pressure on them. Simple as that.

vCash
    I'm not "on your dick"......man. Chill out. You've been in 2/3 threads I've even posted in and had something to say about close to half my posts. And I'm the one that was told to get some thicker skin. Riiiiiiight.

Our D-line should wear them down and eat them up. You're right. But I damn sure thought we were going to eat up Arkansas' line too. Just go out there and put some pressure on them. Simple as that.
    Ark had 221 total yards, avg?d 2.9 per rush, and allowed 4 sacks. Our defense did eat up ark

vCash
    Ark had 221 total yards, avg?d 2.9 per rush, and allowed 4 sacks. Our defense did eat up ark
    This^^^^arky offense did nothing against us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Those were conference only games I compared Ridley and Brown's stats. You point was that Brown had so much more yards than Ridley but that was for all games. Cupcake Games where Brown played the entire game and Ridley played for a half inflated the numbers. Against conference only teams, Ridley actually has a few more yards. Both very good but let's look at the whole picture when using stats. If you take it even further against ranked opponents Brown is like 8th or 9th in the league
    We are talking 25 yards difference in conference ha. We are talking just over 200 overall. I hear what you're saying that Ridley doesn't play the whole game but OM definitely doesn't have a bench full of 5* WR's to spread it around to either.

But, wait for it..... Ridley had twice as many yards against MSU's suspect secondary as any other game they have played this year except CO state. But now we are comparing Bearsharts to Bama. No reason to even try to find common ground there.

vCash
    You're right. They also have a worse record than OM and finished last in the West. I can't name one other player on their team besides Allen.

And before we point out AR beat OM, LSU beat AU. Big whoop.

vCash
    You're right. They also have a worse record than OM and finished last in the West. I can't name one other player on their team besides Allen.

And before we point out AR beat OM, LSU beat AU. Big whoop.
    So we can count ark losing to Missouri, but not om to state? The spread is closer in the ark game than ours.

BTW, ark is 9th in the sec in total offense, so they aren?t the worst. We held them to less yards than bama.
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-21-2017 at 11:59 PM.

vCash
    The juggernaut of unm offense scored all of 6 second half points in losses to 3 bad to mediocre defenses, in cal, arky and am. Yeah they got good wrs. You know what they also have? A matchup problem of Rawlings on Simmons and Taylor on Sweat, Green or whoever we put over him. AM abused Rawlings and Taylor. Once a defense adjusts after their first couple of drives they have no answer. You know what they also don?t have? Any kind of defense. They have way more matchup problems with us than we do with them. Can we just throw our hat on the field and win? No. But that ain?t happening. Dans gonna put a STATEment on them Thursday

vCash
    So we can count ark losing to Missouri, but not om to state? The spread is closer in the ark game than ours.

BTW, ark is 9th in the sec in total offense, so they aren?t the worst. We held them to less yards than bama.
    Not sure what you are trying to say in the bold.

OM is 4th in total offense. So you saying they're a better than Arky? Better than us by that stat? No. Mostly cupcakes.

Either way the conversation has gone way off track from where it started with my first post. And even farther off track from Shea transferring. I wasn't trying to thread jack or ruffle feathers or say TSUN has any answers or good matchups against us any where besides WR. I'm not overly concerned about a loss or them throwing bombs on us the entire game. I'd be shocked and severely disappointed just like all of you. I agree with y'all on all of the other stuff like I said when I stated we would dominate across the board otherwise.

vCash
    The score of that game takes away from how dominant our defense was in that game. If we don't fumble the ball and recover their fumble, we blow them out and possibly shut them out.

vCash

OM is 4th in total offense. So you saying they're a better than Arky? Better than us by that stat? No. Mostly cupcakes.

Either way the conversation has gone way off track from where it started with my first post. And even farther off track from Shea transferring. I wasn't trying to thread jack or ruffle feathers or say TSUN has any answers or good matchups against us any where besides WR. I'm not overly concerned about a loss or them throwing bombs on us the entire game. I'd be shocked and severely disappointed just like all of you. I agree with y'all on all of the other stuff like I said when I stated we would dominate across the board otherwise.
    Total offense and defense are misleading stats. Ole Miss runs more plays probably than anyone in the SEC and they run it up on lesser teams if they can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Total offense and defense are misleading stats. Ole Miss runs more plays probably than anyone in the SEC and they run it up on lesser teams if they can.
    Yeah. I agree. Was basically pointing out those stats don't add up when comparing teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The score of that game takes away from how dominant our defense was in that game. If we don't fumble the ball and recover their fumble, we blow them out and possibly shut them out.
    ...and 34 of their 97 rushing yards came on the fumble and kick down to the goal line. So a "rushing" team had 63 yards against us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    Damn straight they do. Coaches try their best, but if all players listened to the coaches they'd never have a down game at all.

I hate to pull this card, but you'd know this if you'd ever been involved with football. Ever heard of teams having trouble dealing with success?? Obviously you're one of those clueless fans who expect perfection every damn week
    Lol... I'm actually glad you pulled the card. I played at State underJackie Sherill, beat many teams, and laughed at stupid fans like you that think they know it all. So yeah i know how players think. Had they listened to talking heads like you they'd be a 6 win team, because you've watched enough football to know. I can promise you they ain't scared of Ole Miss regardless of what you think you know.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 11-22-2017 at 06:20 AM.

vCash

You said ark will finish last in West. They are 1-6. OM is 2-5. Both have a game left, so I assume you saying mizzou beats ark

vCash
    Yeah. They'll finish last in the West. Could be a tie, but will still be last. I guess if you go to head-to-head they will be up on OM. Still last though when you look at it.

I'd argue that Ark didn't play Vandy either.