Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Shea Patterson Rue-mor

vCash
    Ole Miss offered a Juco QB today for what it?s worth

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Ha,Glad you finally agree with me. Around signing day back then yall gave me hell for saying how good he was, and with all the Rebel lover stuff because I said it.

He was a man among boys in HS and not signing him is hurting us now.
    And how do you propose we would have accomplished that.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    You honestly think Tamu, Brown and Metcalf are not threats? They damn sure will be Thursday night
    They make a really shitty team less shitty. If they go somewhere else they could make a pretty good team that we have to play really good, which would suck. I would prefer they stay there and get their asses kicked by us and everyone else like they are currently doing.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Spider is a good poster... I like him. He just really thinks OM is good
    In a normal year they'd be fighting for a bowl, just like us last year or 2013. Did you think we weren't any good those years? Were we any good in 2009? Seems to me we were good enough to beat down an 8-3 team. Now I get it, we're at home, and they are in a different situation, facing a hazy future while we were in year 1 of Mullen and optimistic. But face it, they aren't bad. People earlier this year were saying they were historically bad, that's laughable. They might be next year if they have mass transfers and heavy penalties, but their 2017 version has a pulse whether you want to believe it or not. Unfortunately Taamu has proven he can play.

Now, go ahead and call me a rebel, and totally dismiss (or try to) my point.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    In a normal year they'd be fighting for a bowl, just like us last year or 2013. Did you think we weren't any good those years?

Face it, they aren't bad. People earlier this year were saying they were historically bad, that's laughable. They might be next year if they have mass transfers and heavy penalties, but their 2017 version has a pulse whether you want to believe it or not. Unfortunately Taamu has proven he can play.

The only decent defense Tamu faced all season shut him down in the second. They didn’t score a point in the second half verses ATM.

vCash
    Ha,Glad you finally agree with me. Around signing day back then yall gave me hell for saying how good he was, and with all the Rebel lover stuff because I said it.

He was a man among boys in HS and not signing him is hurting us now.
    It's not hurting us now. He wouldn't have changed the outcome in any game this year.

vCash
    In a normal year they'd be fighting for a bowl, just like us last year or 2013. Did you think we weren't any good those years?

Face it, they aren't bad. People earlier this year were saying they were historically bad, that's laughable. They might be next year if they have mass transfers and heavy penalties, but their 2017 version has a pulse whether you want to believe it or not. Unfortunately Taamu has proven he can play.

Are they 8-3 like spider predicted? No, well then spider overvalues OM.

Banned
    vCash
    Are they 8-3 like spider predicted? No, well then spider overvalues OM.
    I'd rather err on his side rather than yours. Look I get wanting MSU fans to not be defeatist about everything, but I don't understand us disrespecting our opponents like we're some type of traditional powerhouse. We have to win this game, and the team better damn well be treating it that way. We show up like Arkansas or UMass and we'll get our ass beat.

Winner of this game is USUALLY the team that physically imposes their will.

vCash
    I'd rather err on his side rather than yours. Look I get wanting MSU fans to not be defeatist about everything, but I don't understand us disrespecting our opponents like we're some type of traditional powerhouse. We have to win this game, and the team better damn well be treating it that way. We show up like Arkansas or UMass and we'll get our ass beat.

Ark beat OM at OM. Just saying...

Oh and I do not have a dang thing to do with the outside Thursday night, but thanks for thinking I have that power

Banned
    vCash

How fans feel has nothing to do with how the team feels. How would you have us treat EB week? Blow smoke about what a great team this OM team is?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    How fans feel has nothing to do with how the team feels. How would you have us treat EB week? Blow smoke about what a great team this OM team is?
    How fans/team view an opponent is very much human nature. I'd be 100% willing to bet that the team's view and the fans' view are somewhat similar.

As for your question, you can treat it however you want. Strikes me as strange that somewhat would go out of their way to call out a poster for daring to respect a decent opponent though. It's your strong opposition to his point that is weird to me.

vCash
    How fans/team view an opponent is very much human nature. I'd be 100% willing to bet that the team's view and the fans' view are somewhat similar.

As for your question, you can treat it however you want. Strikes me as strange that somewhat would go out of their way to call out a poster for daring to respect a decent opponent though. It's your strong opposition to his point that is weird to me.
    Your wrong. Players have coaches and film to tell them how good an opponent is or not. Truth is Ole Miss sucks and playing on fumes. However, they're an SEC team which means something. But let's not act like we have to play our best game to beat them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    Look for a certain former SHS WR to put on the Crimson threads next season as well.
    Hearing that also.... I believe Jackson state would be a better fit or Tulane.....

Ole dad visited there 1st and attempted to extort money from big boosters there first... js

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I?ve also heard that, which is a killer. I don?t want her m here but I sure as hell don?t want him there. That?s a winnable game for us next year and he?s a game changer.

ETA: I thought he was overhyped coming out of high school. He wasn?t.
    Actually, if there's anyone who is very unlikely to transfer, it'd be Brown.
    ????? How can you transfer when you are owned by the boosters and their $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s ???????

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Your wrong.
    No, I'm not.

Further, 19 year old kids really believe everything their coaches say. FART

vCash

Don't take 'em long, do it? You'd think some folks would learn from the past. We may wax their ass but I'd rather respect their ability going into game, than not and lose one we shouldn't ... like 2014.

A wounded bear can be pretty dangerous. Better use a big gun on him. Maybe Arky game woke up the team at least.

vCash
    Spider predicted OM to beat LSU and be 8-3 in the egg bowl. Spider has built OM up to be more than they are... well, since I can remember. Last year in the egg, he pronounced the game was over and we were gonna lose even though we were winning at the time. He told us how much stronger shea?s arm was than kelly?s (Lol). Spider looks at OM like the rest of us look at bama. He overvalues them, period.

BTW, who said we would shut them down completely? They will score some and we will score more, maybe a lot more
    AGAIN, I NEVER predicted OM would go 8-3 without beating LSU. I said they would IF they beat LSU.

#RIF
    Last edited by Spiderman; 11-21-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryBuff View Post
    Just seems like a common response around here if any one even thinks about saying one positive thing that OM's team does.

By saying the "Only way they will be a threat is if we don't put pressure on the Hawaiian" is being unrealistic. Look at how much pressure we dialed in on Hurts. Ta'amu is no Hurts, but it takes one or two slip ups to put points on the board or have an explosive play. My point was our secondary has had plenty of slip ups this year and they have 3 solid receivers to have to pay attention to. Period. We will dominate across the board otherwise IMO.
    Don't bother being rational around here when talking anything OM.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Spider is a good poster... I like him. He just really thinks OM is good
    No, their D is shit. But their passing game is light years ahead of us, and our DB's are our weakness. So they have a puncher's chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    And how do you propose we would have accomplished that.
    Who knows, but just because he went to OM he sucked according to most here. He was, and is a hell of a player