Thread: Stephen F. Austin game tomorrow night..

Banned
    vCash

Stephen F. Austin game tomorrow night..

if you're in the Starkville area go to the Hump. This SFA team is good. Two years ago they went 28-6 and lost in the round of 32 on a last second shot to Notre Dame. They have a new coach now as Brad Underwood got hired away but they're 4-0 to start the year. Easily the best team we've seen so far. They have 3 players averaging right at 20 ppg so they are a 3 headed monster. Harris, Bogues and Holyfield. Looking forward to this matchup.

This is their record last four years.

18-15 CIT Tourney
    28-6 NCAA Round 32
    29-5 NCAA Round 64
    32-3 NCAA Round 32

vCash
    Time to put a complete game together. Tired of these Sahara desert type droughts and shooting 3s like a team full of centers

vCash
    I believe we are a much improved team. This game should tell a lot early in the season.

vCash
    They are 4-0 with all being blow outs. None of the opponents are very good though. Toughest game for us so far

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Time to put a complete game together. Tired of these Sahara desert type droughts and shooting 3s like a team full of centers

vCash
    This will be our first time back to the hump for a game in a while! This time with our kids... anyone know of anyone selling 4 tickets in the lower section or how hard it is to "sneak" down there to open seats if we buy tickets up top... not sure how strict they are now a days... only tix available to buy are up top (through State and Stubhub).... I posted in ticket exchange thread too... but basketball tickets are not quite the hot commodity/talk right now there...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    They are 4-0 with all being blow outs. None of the opponents are very good though. Toughest game for us so far
    Three of the four not only have I never heard of before, but they also don't even have logos on the sports app that I use. Also, I know it is early, but we are about 100 spots ahead of them in the KenPom ratings right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    Three of the four not only have I never heard of before, but they also don't even have logos on the sports app that I use. Also, I know it is early, but we are about 100 spots ahead of them in the KenPom ratings right now.
    ESPN FPI gives us 83% chance of winning

Banned
    vCash
    Trust when I tell you SFA is good

vCash
    Yes SFA always has a solid team. Usually very fundamentally sound and disciplined. Gonna need another good effort and hopefully we can hit a few outside shots so they can?t just pack the paint like GB did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by afranzo View Post
    This will be our first time back to the hump for a game in a while! This time with our kids... anyone know of anyone selling 4 tickets in the lower section or how hard it is to "sneak" down there to open seats if we buy tickets up top... not sure how strict they are now a days... only tix available to buy are up top (through State and Stubhub).... I posted in ticket exchange thread too... but basketball tickets are not quite the hot commodity/talk right now there...
    Generally, there are lots of empty seats in the lower level even when tickets aren't available. If you wait a few minutes after tip off, lots of those seats will start filling up with people from the upper level or students. Kinda hard to make a call on what the crowd may look like tomorrow night, being Thanksgiving eve, but there is a kinda big happening going on in Starkville the next day...so there may be a lot of folks that hold all those good seats that go empty in town tomorrow night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    if you're in the Starkville area go to the Hump. This SFA team is good. Two years ago they went 28-6 and lost in the round of 32 on a last second shot to Notre Dame. They have a new coach now as Brad Underwood got hired away but they're 4-0 to start the year. Easily the best team we've seen so far. They have 3 players averaging right at 20 ppg so they are a 3 headed monster. Harris, Bogues and Holyfield. Looking forward to this matchup.

This is their record last four years.

18-15 CIT Tourney
    28-6 NCAA Round 32
    29-5 NCAA Round 64
    32-3 NCAA Round 32
    I'm not in the Starkville area, but I will be in the Hump tomorrow night!

We NEED a full house!!!!

vCash
    I believe 3 of SFA’s games this year have been against D3 teams, but they should be easily the best team we’ve played this year. Howland needs a good crowd to help. It should be a good game unless we shoot the 3 like we did last night. I’m more nervous about this game than the EB. It’s a good thing we’ve got a deep bench, because our legs will give us some trouble too with this being the 3rd game we’ve played in short time.

After Ado’s Second college game last night, he looks the part for sure. Gonna be much better year than I thought. Any idea if Stapleton will play tomorrow? We gonna need him.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Trust when I tell you SFA is good
    I have no doubt, I was just trying to put those huge margin wins into perspective. I think we win, but it should be a really good game.

For reference, the teams that they played against were:

1. Longwood, their one D1 opponent, 74-61
    2. St. Edwards, 89-66
    3. LeTourneau 91-68
    4. Howard Payne, 118-64

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by afranzo View Post
    FYI, at least before the previous games, they have been checking tickets before letting people go to the lower level.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oompa View Post
    FYI, at least before the previous games, they have been checking tickets before letting people go to the lower level.
    This needs to get scrapped till we start selling out again. If someone is sitting in your seat get the usher and they'll be removed. Lower level should be 100% full every game. Stupid to not let it be.

vCash
    I have no doubt, I was just trying to put those huge margin wins into perspective. I think we win, but it should be a really good game.

For reference, the teams that they played against were:

1. Longwood, their one D1 opponent, 74-61
    2. St. Edwards, 89-66
    3. LeTourneau 91-68
    4. Howard Payne, 118-64
    Oh hey, LeTourneau. The school where my parents met in Longview, TX, the city I was born in. I believe it was their volleyball team that played MUW earlier this year and won.
    All Aboard and Soft Landings!

vCash
    I may try to sneak up there with my son unless we decide to go to the Egg Bowl instead. This game will tell us what we need to know about the team. I still have big concerns.

We are slightly better on D, but some of that appears b/c we are intentionally playing more passive and trying to not get touch fouls on the perimeter. Our offensive sets still look very loose to me. Disregard the poor outside shooting so far, we just don't create a lot of easy baskets out of the sets. It's more 1-1 and that's going to be more difficult to get as we play better teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oompa View Post
    They ramp up checking tickets in the lower level after SEC play starts, but I've only missed one game this year and haven't been checked yet. My seats are in the lower level but it every game except the season opening double header, I have been able to "improve " my seats.