Thread: Renaming the ?Battle for the Golden Egg?

vCash

Renaming the ?Battle for the Golden Egg?

Let?s be honest the ?Battle for the Golden Egg? is a pretty pathetic name when compared to
    1)Good Old Fashioned Hate
    2) (formerly) The World?s Largest Cocktail Party
    3)Bedlam
    4) The Red River Shootout

I propose we keep the Egg Bowl trophy but rename the actual game. I propose we give nod to Kellenberger and call it Toxic. My close runner up is ?The Annual Skulldrugging of OM?.
    Last edited by Reason2succeed; 11-20-2017 at 07:27 PM.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    5) Although I hate ?em both... the Iron Bowl is pretty good. I hated the ?Egg Bowl? name for at least 20 years (was partial to the Magnolia Bowl)... but over the years, seeing many other SEC fans reference it w/out a chuckle and with the mandatory & thorough explanation of the name during the game itself ... I?ve accepted it and kind of like it now.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 11-20-2017 at 07:12 PM.

vCash
    I hate it too.
    Someone refresh my memory....whoever said it looked like an egg is the one who named it. Was it Cleveland ?

Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    5) Although I hate ?em both... the Iron Bowl is pretty good. I hated the ?Egg Bowl? name for at least 20 years (was partial to the Magnolia Bowl)... but over the years, seeing many other SEC fans reference it w/out a chuckle and with the mandatory & thorough explanation of the name during the game itself ... I?ve accepted it and kind of like it now.

vCash
    Tom Patterson named it the Egg Bowl in 1979. Don't believe he is the first one to say the trophy looks like a Golden Egg.

vCash
    It's the Egg Bowl.
    Leicester Till I Die

vCash
    Yeah....We complaing about not having enough tradition then try to change the ones we have. That's actually how you end up without tradition.

It's the Egg Bowl. Embrace the Egg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbowski View Post
    Tom Patterson named it the Egg Bowl in 1979. Don't believe he is the first one to say the trophy looks like a Golden Egg.
    The trophy has been called "The Golden Egg" basically from the beginning of it's existence.

https://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.c...the-rivalry-in

vCash
    Embrace the egg.

We should do one with Arkansas, too and call it the Ham and Egg Bowl.

Seriously, It is what it is and there is nothing wrong with it. Keep it. No reason to change stuff just because someone wants to change. If you do that, you eventually become the ColonelRebelConfederateStarsAndBarsBlackBearLandSh arkDeathPenaltyInHellers

At least it is an actual trophy and not that Jr High Shop Project thing they have with LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Yeah....We complaing about not having enough tradition then try to change the ones we have. That's actually how you end up without tradition.

I agree 100%! Leave it alone.
    Bulldogs continue domination of Ole Miss
    BY RICK CLEVELAND

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MeridianDog View Post
    Yikes. We should be thankful for the Golden Egg!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post

Agreed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HossDawg97 View Post
    The trophy has been called "The Golden Egg" basically from the beginning of it's existence.

https://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.c...the-rivalry-in
    Ok...this makes me feel better.

For some reason I had it in my mind that someone said that the trophy ?looked like a big golden egg? and it stuck. The person who I thought said it(who I can?t remember) IMO didn?t have the right(for lack of a better word) to be naming our rivalry game trophy.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    In Fayetteville this past weekend there were numerous people asking and referencing the ?Egg Bowl? or ?Battle for the Egg? without any negative connotations or laughter. It is a known rivalry game and actually unique. Like the cowbell we should embrace our unique traditions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    In Fayetteville this past weekend there were numerous people asking and referencing the ?Egg Bowl? or ?Battle for the Egg? without any negative connotations or laughter. It is a known rivalry game and actually unique. Like the cowbell we should embrace our unique traditions.
    It is not any worse than the Battle for Paul Bunyan's Axe, The Old Wooden Bucket, etc. , it is what it is at this point.

vCash
    The trophy is called "The Golden Egg"... do not call it the "Egg Bowl Trophy"... Thanks
    LFC YNWA