Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Basketball tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I am not feeling good about our team. We cannot stop having prolonged scoring droughts... it has been a problem since Ray was here.
    We will be fine if our guards do what Peters did and just drive it to the basket for a layup or a basket for Ado and Holman. Q has to do the same thing on these type of nights. Our inside game came through and we won by 9. Last year you couldn’t say that. I think we will be fine. The reason this game was so close was because of us taking so many outside shots and Green Bay would turn it into a transition layup or three. We will learn from this. The talent on this team is there. He’s starting the right five right now. We have had a 15-2 start and a 20-5 start with this starting five.

vCash
    Q has got to start being more aggressive and driving the ball to the basket and getting to the free throw line. We need him to be the first team all sec player he is. No more games like this.

vCash
    Add X Stapleton back into the mix and this team is dangerous... Ado & Datcher cleaning up a lot in the post (biggest improvement on the team so far this year compared to last season imo); Peters, Q & Nick are more than solid and add Holman and Eli and we've really got 5 that should be able to knock down 35% of 3's combined (just an off-night behind the arc tonight); X's energy level and ability to jump out of the gym... i'm really liking this team and am excited for SEC play.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Q has got to start being more aggressive and driving the ball to the basket and getting to the free throw line. We need him to be the first team all sec player he is. No more games like this.
    Q is yet to be the player he was before the wrist injury. I really hope he can find it again. He was a special player up to that point. Seems lost in the shuffle now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Q is yet to be the player he was before the wrist injury. I really hope he can find it again. He was a special player up to that point. Seems lost in the shuffle now.
    I’m afraid he won’t ever come back 100%. That type of injury ends a lot of careers completely. He’s tough as balls to be back out there...even at 75%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I’m afraid he won’t ever come back 100%. That type of injury ends a lot of careers completely. He’s tough as balls to be back out there...even at 75%.
    He’s at 100%. They completely repaired the wrist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    He’s at 100%. They completely repaired the wrist.
    The wrist is fine but he's dealing with tendinitis in his knee. I'm surprised he played tonight.

vCash
    This was a decent team we handled on a night where we could not have shot worse.

I am excited to see the talented depth.......after being paper thin for years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    This is true. It may be repaired but he clearly hasn't been the same player since that injury happened. He's doesn't have the same smooth touch. You could tell by the way he came out the first couple games last year he was primed to have a huge year.

vCash
    I really liked seeing us tough out a win on a night we couldn?t throw it in the ocean from 3 point range. Sometimes you?re gonna have off nights shooting. You can?t control that. You can control your defensive intensity, rebounding and free throw shooting. We were great in those 3 aspects.
    I loved seeing this team busting their ass on defense despite having a bad shooting night. So many teams let poor shooting carry over to the defensive end as well. Giving great effort on defense really speaks volumes to this teams mentality.
    Oh and we finally have a legit post threat.
    I am excited for this season.

vCash
    This team unfortunately to just looks like a slightly better version of last year's team because of Ado. But other than Wright, name me a player that looks noticeably better than they were last year. Maybe Datcher too

vCash
    Dude we scored damn near 80 points while shooting pathetic. Last years team loses this game by double digits. If you didn?t come away pleased with the effort tonight you don?t know basketball.
    It takes mental toughness to keep up the defensive intensity when your shots aren?t falling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    This is true. It may be repaired but he clearly hasn't been the same player since that injury happened. He's doesn't have the same smooth touch. You could tell by the way he came out the first couple games last year he was primed to have a huge year.
    He didn't miss in warmups. Conditioning needs improvement. A lot of good looking shots just didn't go down tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    He didn't miss in warmups. Conditioning needs improvement. A lot of good looking shots just didn't go down tonight.
    I'm not talking about just shooting. If anything thats one thing he continued to do decently last year. He has gotten really loose with the ball driving to the basket and doesn't seem to have the same confidence finishing at the rim is more what I meant. I mean we are talking about a guy that posterized 3 different people in transition as a true freshman. He just seems to not be as crisp.

He played pretty well in the first game of this season. Hope he can keep that form. He is much improved on defense so far though, really clogging up the passing lanes.
    Last edited by chef dixon; 11-20-2017 at 11:46 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    This team unfortunately to just looks like a slightly better version of last year's team because of Ado. But other than Wright, name me a player that looks noticeably better than they were last year. Maybe Datcher too
    Ado is 1st Team All-SEC Fresh good. He makes this team much better than last year just by himself. Nick Spoon is miles better than IJ Ready defensively and is much better driving to the basket. That's two massive upgrades right there. Holman is much improved. Datcher is much improved. Peters is improved just by staying in the game and not fouling out all the time. The only players I haven't seen marked improvement from so far are Q, Carter and Herard. We are a much improved team already though. Especially on defense.

vCash
    You guys are overreacting. If 3 or 4 of those 3's fall, that's an 18-20 point win.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    You guys are overreacting. If 3 or 4 of those 3's fall, that's an 18-20 point win.
    Yeah, agreed. Anytime they made a run we would answer with a run of our own. I love our starting five though. It’s easily a top half SEC starting five. It’s easy to see we have a ton of talent. If we can get through this SFA game with a win no matter what the score is, I’ll be happy.

vCash
    Q's wrist is 100% fine and he's the same player he's always been. Quit trying to pass judgement that he's wrecked based on a few early season games, during at least one of which he was playing through tendinitis in his knee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Maybe so... if we did win by 20, that would be the same amount northern Illinois beat this team by.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe so... if we did win by 20, that would be the same amount northern Illinois beat this team by.
    Comparing what other teams beat a team by in basketball is dumb. There are a number of factors that can change game to game which can effect outcomes. The fact of the matter is we shot 3-23 from the 3 point line and still won by 9.