Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Basketball tonight

Banned
    vCash
    Yea and Green Bay missed a ton of free throws. We didn't play great offensively last night at all. Gonna have to be a lot better tomorrow night to get a win vs SFA.

vCash
    Over analyzing basketball games this early in the season is pointless.
    Last night was a game last years team loses due to poor shooting. We made up for the poor shooting with good defense and attacking the rim.
    Now SFA is a better team so we will need to be more efficient from the outside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Comparing what other teams beat a team by in basketball is dumb. There are a number of factors that can change game to game which can effect outcomes. The fact of the matter is we shot 3-23 from the 3 point line and still won by 9.
    Maybe so, but 3 point shooting has been poor all year. We have to shoot better.

The teams below us and above us are getting better. LSU stayed undefeated by beating Michigan last night. OM played Utah tough. Sexton leads the sec in scoring for bama. aTm beat ok state last night. Sec teams are playing quality teams and performing better than us vs garbage. It is still way early and I think we have serious potential, but yeah, I am not impressed so far

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Yea and Green Bay missed a ton of free throws. We didn't play great offensively last night at all. Gonna have to be a lot better tomorrow night to get a win vs SFA.
    They made 70% of their free throws. I wouldn’t call that a ton of misses. They made 3-4 transition threes which is why they were even in the game in the first place. They had a night like us at the three point line against Northern Illinois and cut their lead to 2 with 10 minutes to go in that game even with shooting it so poorly. Eventually our three point shooting will come back. Especially with the type of shots we took last night. I think we will be okay and will beat SFA though.

vCash
    Would you guys rather have a team that can light it up from 3 and light up the scoreboard but completely goes to crap once the 3s quit falling ie. last years team? Or would you rather have a team that can find a way to win even when the 3s aren?t falling?
    I feel like you guys don?t understand the game at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe so, but 3 point shooting has been poor all year. We have to shoot better.

The teams below us and above us are getting better. LSU stayed undefeated by beating Michigan last night. OM played Utah tough. Sexton leads the sec in scoring for bama. aTm beat ok state last night. Sec teams are playing quality teams and performing better than us vs garbage. It is still way early and I think we have serious potential, but yeah, I am not impressed so far
    Your attitude with this team doesn’t surprise me. We aren’t even at full strength. LSU had a good win but they still aren’t that good. Utah isn’t a good team and Ole Miss should have beat them. I like the makeup of our team and I think our starting five is one of the better ones in the SEC. We actually have good quality depth this year and are 3-0. What more do you want at this stage?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Would you guys rather have a team that can light it up from 3 and light up the scoreboard but completely goes to crap once the 3s quit falling ie. last years team? Or would you rather have a team that can find a way to win even when the 3s aren?t falling?
    Msstate7 doesn’t.

vCash
    I think you are giving our first 3 opponents way too much credit. All of them have been garbage.

vCash
    The encouraging thing is that in the very recent past, not playing great offensively means we scored 50-60 points, where an ugly performance last night still translated to almost 80.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Msstate7 doesn?t.
    You right. We are loaded. We haven?t been crap for like 23 years straight or something and we struggled vs a bad team last night, but sec look out... we winning the dang thing.

I am concerned bc our assist/TO ratio is not good, 3 point shooting is bad, we are not dominating on the boards vs bad teams, etc. Our stats are not good vs bad teams
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-21-2017 at 09:30 AM.

vCash
    I think you are giving our first 3 opponents way too much credit. All of them have been garbage.
    And we lost to several garbage teams last year. If you can?t see the improvement with ball movement and defensive intensity I don?t know what you?re looking at.
    We scored 80 with basically no outside threat last night. With that type of shooting performance we maybe break 60 in years past. I don?t know if this team can make post season or not but it?s clear we?ve improved.

vCash
    And we lost to several garbage teams last year. If you can?t see the improvement with ball movement and defensive intensity I don?t know what you?re looking at.
    We scored 80 with basically no outside threat last night. With that type of shooting performance we maybe break 60 in years past. I don?t know if this team can make post season or not but it?s clear we?ve improved.
    I am not arguing we are not improved. I think we are. The problem is the sec as whole is vastly improved, and I don?t know if we are on par yet. I am critical bc I think this team can be dang good and I am not happy with simply beating terrible teams. It is time for us to start showing something imo

vCash
    We need to stop freaking out about the shooting. It's hard not to be concerned, but it's a statistical anomaly that isn't going to hold up. We have proven good shooters taking good shots, and they're going to start falling soon.

vCash
    You right. We are loaded. We haven?t been crap for like 23 years straight or something and we struggled vs a bad team last night, but sec look out... we winning the dang thing.
    Lol, okay drama king. We were 16-16 last year which stopped a skid of four straight losing seasons. 23 years was way over exaggerating. I also never said we would win the league this year. That’s way bit of an overstretch there. But we could go 22-9 for an NIT bid and be a bubble team for the tournament this year. That’s doable for a team as talented as us and a team that will improve throughout the year. The one thing that has been lacking this year is perimeter shooting but I think with the addition of Ado paired with Holman we will be an outstanding defensive team. Gone are the days where teams can get easy baskets driving to the bucket. I think that will keep us in a lot of games as we get our perimeter offensive issues fixed. The way we are playing defense is also another reason why Howland loves this team. His best teams were always outstanding defensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    We need to stop freaking out about the shooting. It's hard not to be concerned, but it's a statistical anomaly that isn't going to hold up. We have proven good shooters taking good shots, and they're going to start falling soon.
    I am more concerned with assist/to ratio and rebounding at the moment. With the teams we have played, these 2 stats should be way better. Shooting does not always go your way, but rebounding and taking care of the ball should happen

vCash
    I am not arguing we are not improved. I think we are. The problem is the sec as whole is vastly improved, and I don?t know if we are on par yet. I am critical bc I think this team can be dang good and I am not happy with simply beating terrible teams. It is time for us to start showing something imo
    You have four teams in Florida, Kentucky, Alabama, and A&M that are shoulders above everyone else and then you have 5-12 that you could literally put in any order. I still think LSU and South Carolina are 13 and 14 respectively in the league. We don’t start the SEC season until January. Let’s make judgements once January gets here.

Banned
    vCash
    I am very happy with Ado and Nick Spoon. These two additions make us a lot better than last year's team. I am not happy with Howland's offensive "coaching" though. We can score literally at will vs these shit teams by just having our guards penetrate and dish it to Ado, Datcher or Holman as soon as the defense collapses on the guard and if they don't collapse it leaves a wide open layup for the guard yet this seems to get forgotten 30 seconds after we perform it every time. We seem to have no plan on offense and that is on Howland. We should be pounding these teams by 40 points. We aren't. I really like Howland and he is cleaning up in recruiting but he is far from perfect. Just like Dan Mullen is far from perfect and I critic the shit outta Mullen ever single week. Howland gets the same treatment. My biggest beef with Howland is he is too nice to his players. I want to see some tough love from him. I want him to be as hungry as we are to make the tourney and I am not seeing that from him right now. This shit OOC schedule isn't helping although it gets a little better starting tomorrow night. I want a little bit of Evil Howland to start showing up here. Beat the shit outta everybody. Make your players better every single game. Yell at somebody. ANYBODY! We aren't UCLA fans. You don't have to still be walking on eggshells with everyone. Be a dickhead. It's ok. We want you to be a dick at times. Not all the time but some of the time. Our athletic director was the biggest asshole ever with his players. Don't be that bad but be a little bad. PLEASE!!

vCash
    I am very happy with Ado and Nick Spoon. These two additions make us a lot better than last year's team. I am not happy with Howland's offensive "coaching" though. We can score literally at will vs these shit teams by just having our guards penetrate and dish it to Ado, Datcher or Holman as soon as the defense collapses on the guard and if they don't collapse it leaves a wide open layup for the guard yet this seems to get forgotten 30 seconds after we perform it every time. We seem to have no plan on offense and that is on Howland. We should be pounding these teams by 40 points. We aren't. I really like Howland and he is cleaning up in recruiting but he is far from perfect. Just like Dan Mullen is far from perfect and I critic the shit outta Mullen ever single week. Howland gets the same treatment. My biggest beef with Howland is he is too nice to his players. I want to see some tough love from him. I want him to be as hungry as we are to make the tourney and I am not seeing that from him right now. This shit OOC schedule isn't helping although it gets a little better starting tomorrow night. I want a little bit of Evil Howland to start showing up here. Beat the shit outta everybody. Make your players better every single game. Yell at somebody. ANYBODY! We aren't UCLA fans. You don't have to still be walking on eggshells with everyone. Be a dickhead. It's ok. We want you to be a dick at times. Not all the time but some of the time. Our athletic director was the biggest asshole ever with his players. Don't be that bad but be a little bad. PLEASE!!
    I 100% agree with you about the offens Howland has been running. I love Howland but his offensive gameplans have left a lot to be desired. The biggest thing to me is the lack of ball movement. I do see some improvement in this area so far though. We still have a ways to go.
    I really have been impressed with the defensive improvement so far though.
    The past couple of years we haven?t been able to stop Steven hawking on a dribble drive.