Thread: My little birdie from the NCAA stated he was most certain the infractions committee

vCash

My little birdie from the NCAA stated he was most certain the infractions committee

Would release sanctions before Dec 1. They as we know are being very tight lipped about the penalties but he stated this case was unlike any other and the NCAA wants to make sure they crossed their T's and dotted I's as they expect a giant lawsuit to result. There have even been threats to members of the committee. Couldn't say what was in it but a probe has been launched. The NAACP has also stated to committee they are watching this case very closely as civil rights may have been violated. You can't make this crap up.

May I CMA by saying this is just a rumor. And Hail State!

vCash
    As some have posted here before this goes all the way to Washington with some government officials, and tsun alums.

vCash

Bump

Quality rumor.

vCash
    I expect Ole Miss to appeal the sanctions as well if that is allowed. As you said, they will probably try to sue the NCAA as well which I think would be a terrible move by Ole Miss to be honest with you.

In life, there are certainly times to sue. But I think there are also times to just pay the fine, get things over with and move on.

vCash
    BUMP for quality "there's zero chance this shit will happen" rumor....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I don’t know about the Dec 1 date. However it is a very plausible rumor that the NCAA would hold their penalties and be very very careful before releasing the penalties because..
    1. The case is very egregious. Therefore stiff penalties are being considered.
    2. Lawsuits were filed in the Miami and UNC cases. The Rebs have not cooperated with the investigation in the least. The Rebs have demonstrated that they are very litigious.
    3. To protect the student athletes and fans at the egg bowl. Again the Rebs have conducted themselves defiantly Through the entire course of this investigation. No reason to believe they go gently into that good night once they receive their medicine.

Also I think Hugh Freeze announcing he is leaving Twitter is a huge hint penalties are coming down. They are going to be very bad and he is concerned (not man enough) about the backlash from the Reb fans.

vCash
    Wrong thread, deleting comment.
    Last edited by HossDawg97; 11-21-2017 at 09:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I expect Ole Miss to appeal the sanctions as well if that is allowed. As you said, they will probably try to sue the NCAA as well which I think would be a terrible move by Ole Miss to be honest with you.

In life, there are certainly times to sue. But I think there are also times to just pay the fine, get things over with and move on.
    It's my understanding that even if they appeal they still have to accept the punishments during the appeal process. You can't delay the punishment via appeal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    It's my understanding that even if they appeal they still have to accept the punishments during the appeal process. You can't delay the punishment via appeal.
    I actually wish they could delay the penalties & make this thing ride our for another decade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Players who the NCAA says are eligible to transfer, can transfer during the appeal because the NCAA rules govern that. They can appeal the length of the probation, the scholarship limits, etc., but that only prolongs the pain. The only thing that could effectively be appealed is a very long show cause. A short show cause that is appealed is effectively in place during the appeal because no one will hire them during the process.

vCash
    OM sueing the NCAA would be as smart of a move as an employee sueing their employer and wanting to keep their current job. Dumb move, unless college athletic programs don't have to follow NCAA rules anymore.. The talk about the threats to members surfaced back before the COI meeting. That is why they had extra security at the meeting.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-21-2017 at 10:32 AM.