Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
I can understand if the thread has a negative vibe. I imagine if you polled he fans and students, the poll would split 50/50 for or against.

However my question is more of Why does MSU decide to schedule this game on this day? It is obvious that it is our decision to agree to it. Because we want the exposure. I just wondered if the university was receiving some extra cash from Espn or the university felt it was easier to keep staff on campus for Thursday rather than return them from Saturday after a few days off.

I know two families with Msu students. One kid is coming home tonight (doesn’t usually go to games anyway) One kid is coming home after the game.
I would assume there is extra cash - as I'm pretty sure there is a scheduling contract agreed to by all 3 to make it happen (next year in Oxford is on T-Giving too). I'm glad that we seem to be doing it as part of a rotation now and not a sure thing. We last did it 2013. 2 out of ever 6-7 years is good balance. My daughter is in the FMB and we are driving over Wednesday to see her and go to the game Thursday, but have to turn around Friday and leave early to get back home for HS Playoff football.