Thread: Looks like Clay Travis has finally figured out....

vCash

Looks like Clay Travis has finally figured out....

vCash
    Yeah, if I was Mullen and I wanted to move on from MSU for a better gig, I would wait until a top five gig came open. Tennessee isn’t a destination job and they have shown they won’t give you the time it takes to bring in your guys to win for the long haul. If I was Mullen, I wouldn’t go to UCLA either. That isn’t a good job at all no matter how many idiots say that it is. Jobs like FSU, Notre Dame, and Southern Cal would be who I’d target. I just don’t like the fact Mullen doesn’t put a stop to Sexton’s greediness. There’s a way to do things and you basically tell your agent to chill on this shit so it puts a kabash on these rumors. Look at Fuente for example. He’d be a better fit at Tennessee but he put a kabash on his agent from shopping him and said flat out to Tennessee he’s not interested. Trust me, if Mullen had put a kabash on Sexton and told Tennessee he wasn’t interested, there wouldn’t be any of these Tennessee rumors.
    Last edited by MarketingBully; 11-20-2017 at 03:42 AM.

vCash
    Someone’s figuring out that you can’t helicopter d### when you have a mosquito.....

vCash
    Sexton isn’t pimping him out. Dan is smart enough to know he still wants leverage though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Yeah, if I was Mullen and I wanted to move on from MSU for a better gig, I would wait until a top five gig came open. Tennessee isn?t a destination job and they have shown they won?t give you the time it takes to bring in your guys to win for the long haul. If I was Mullen, I wouldn?t go to UCLA either. That isn?t a good job at all no matter how many idiots say that it is. Jobs like FSU, Notre Dame, and Southern Cal would be who I?d target. I just don?t like the fact Mullen doesn?t put a stop to Sexton?s greediness. There?s a way to do things and you basically tell your agent to chill on this shit so it puts a kabash on these rumors. Look at Fuente for example. He?d be a better fit at Tennessee but he put a kabash on his agent from shopping him and said flat out to Tennessee he?s not interested. Trust me, if Mullen had put a kabash on Sexton and told Tennessee he wasn?t interested, there wouldn?t be any of these Tennessee rumors.
    So Mullen and Sexton control the media? Do you actually believe that? LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Yeah, if I was Mullen and I wanted to move on from MSU for a better gig, I would wait until a top five gig came open. Tennessee isn?t a destination job and they have shown they won?t give you the time it takes to bring in your guys to win for the long haul. If I was Mullen, I wouldn?t go to UCLA either. That isn?t a good job at all no matter how many idiots say that it is. Jobs like FSU, Notre Dame, and Southern Cal would be who I?d target. I just don?t like the fact Mullen doesn?t put a stop to Sexton?s greediness. There?s a way to do things and you basically tell your agent to chill on this shit so it puts a kabash on these rumors. Look at Fuente for example. He?d be a better fit at Tennessee but he put a kabash on his agent from shopping him and said flat out to Tennessee he?s not interested. Trust me, if Mullen had put a kabash on Sexton and told Tennessee he wasn?t interested, there wouldn?t be any of these Tennessee rumors.
    Stop with this ignorance. Sexton doesn't have to push Dan's name out one bit this year. Every pundit and "insider" (think that school's Yancy giving their message board masses "insider info") fabricating information are pushing his name out their. There is nothing Dan or Sexton can do to control those people and Sexton doesn't have to do anything but use what the media is doing. You had best just suck it up butter cup because they can't stop that right now, no matter what Dan says and has been saying every week about staying, loving his job, will be here at off season workouts, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Someone’s figuring out that you can’t helicopter d### when you have a mosquito.....
    Haha love it #dbap

vCash
    This thread is why Mullen ain't going anywhere. The Vol fans don't even want him: http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenne...-thread-9.html

I mean, what coach would leave infinite job security in favor of going to a school where he is instantly on the hot seat. TN fans may be more delusional than OM fans.

I do hate how the Mullen supporters at other schools consistently bash MSU even though they've likely never been here.

vCash
    I find it funny how people call MSU & Mullen a 6-8 win program, when, if we win Thursday, it will be Mullen's 4th 9 win or better season in 9 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I find it funny how people call MSU & Mullen a 6-8 win program, when, if we win Thursday, it will be Mullen's 4th 9 win or better season in 9 years.
    I don’t disagree With that. However that means Tennessee is a 7-9 win program. However there, you cannot go years without a 1st half TD vs Bama.

There’s no question....he can stay at State, do things his way and see his build job through or run off to a bigger greener pasture and have a lot of pressure to produce.

vCash
    Plus people like Clay Travis and other Vol fans want to dump on MSU/Starkville while also saying that Mullen hasn't done anything special. It's can't be both.

vCash

Yeh, but ... but ... but ... That statistic won't sell squat on the open speculation market.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Travis says Mullen is 2-16 against AP Ranked teams. I can think of like 12 off the top of my head.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Sexton isn’t pimping him out. Dan is smart enough to know he still wants leverage though.
    This x 1000

vCash
    Just as reminder later, Clay said on his podcast today....he still thinks UT will hire Gruden. However if not, they will hire Mullen. Just for the record to call him out later.

Also, Sumlin for sure out at aTm and Jimbo to aTm. We will see how much he knows in a few weeks.

vCash
    Mullen going to TN would be a huge mistake this early in his career. That leash in Knoxville is super tight from day one. If he thought he got shit in Gainesville at UF as OC wait til he is HC at TN and he loses to UGA and Bama three years in a row. He'll have a moving van parked by his house and a for sale sign in his yard! And that would be just the alumni doing that! Megan will have to drive to Kentucky to grocery shop!