Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Godfrey to the Rescue

vCash

Godfrey to the Rescue

So the stories are out that OM made a huge offer to Willie Taggert and he turned them down.
    But Godfrey comes running to the rescue, per the bottom of this article in the update. Has to pass the narrative that this isn?t true, so that they won?t look like they are getting turned down

ETA Link: Sorry for leaving off earlier
    http://awfulannouncing.com/online-outlets/sb-nation-preemptively-publishes-willie-taggart-report.html
    Last edited by Dallas_Dawg; 11-19-2017 at 05:18 PM.

vCash
    Mouthpiece he is.

If you can't make it as a real journalist.......

vCash
    What was said?

vCash
    Taggert with the rejection!!!!

vCash
    I mean, even without the crippling sanctions coming, why would Ole Miss think they could hire away a coach from Oregon?

vCash
    If that was actually true? They thought they could get Willie Taggart? LOL I don't believe they are an FSU yet, even without the NCAA sanction cloud lingering over them. He could be the next HC when Jimbo leaves.

vCash
    Never seen the fascination with Taggart. See some Reb fans saying it would be a HOME RUN hire.

Umm ok, maybe on hype, but not much result wise
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Never seen the fascination with Taggart. See some Reb fans saying it would be a HOME RUN hire.

It would be a home run relative to what they will probably end up with.

vCash
    Article says OM offered and Taggart declined the offer. Godfrey tweets that it wasn't correct info, that it was a "production error".

vCash
    Godfrey better get ready to regurgitate that article a lot b/c nobody worth their weight in gold in FBS coaching ranks is gonna want to touch that dumpster fire for the foreseeable future.

Banned
    vCash
    Godfrey and Neal are cut from the same cloth. They’re just fan site bloggers. There’s a reason Neal is so bitter. He was once an up and coming journalist who was personally so obnoxious and unlikeable that he torpedoed his own career and went from covering actual sports in Mobile to a nobody covering OM. That’s a good fall.
    Godfrey is just a fanboy who hates Jews, gays, and women.

vCash
    Getting a black coach to come and take over your program under NCAA sanctions, instill disciple, and bring in some talent is just part of the playbook.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Godfrey and Neal are cut from the same cloth. They?re just fan site bloggers. There?s a reason Neal is so bitter. He was once an up and coming journalist who was personally so obnoxious and unlikeable that he torpedoed his own career and went from covering actual sports in Mobile to a nobody covering OM. That?s a good fall.
    Godfrey is just a fanboy who hates Jews, gays, and women.
    After deleting 39,000 posts in 24 hours there's no longer any proof of that. Or so he hopes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    It would be a home run relative to what they will probably end up with.
    Agree with that, but they would claim him as 1 step below Saban or Meyer. So would a lot of talking heads. I just don't see the love affair with him.

He is 4 games under .500 career record. Lot of hype, but mediocre results. They love to call Mullen avg., but would jizz over Taggart?

Bring him on.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Agree with that, but they would claim him as 1 step below Saban or Meyer. So would a lot of talking heads. I just don't see the love affair with him.

He is 4 games under .500 career record. Lot of hype, but mediocre results. They love to call Mullen avg., but would jizz over Taggart?

Bring him on.
    Agreed. But he would never take the job. I find it funny how his name is coming up for so many jobs when he just moved all the way across the country to a really good program. I doubt he leaves.

My gut tells me they are going to be coached by Matt Luke next season.

vCash

Bring him on.
    Agreed. He would get his lunch ate in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Agreed. But he would never take the job. I find it funny how his name is coming up for so many jobs when he just moved all the way across the country to a really good program. I doubt he leaves.

My gut tells me they are going to be coached by Matt Luke next season.
    Very possible. If he can pull off the upset this week, they would be stupid not to hire him. To tell you the truth, i hope they don't. The guy would die trying for sure. Hell, I bet he would take a staff position under the new coach if he doesn't get it.

Whoever they get will bolt for a new gig at 1st chance any way. Luke would turn down a million or more just to stay HC at OM. They have a good chance of sucking for awhile. He would work harder than anyone else at it during that time.

vCash
    Very possible. If he can pull off the upset this week, they would be stupid not to hire him. To tell you the truth, i hope they don't. The guy would die trying for sure. Hell, I bet he would take a staff position under the new coach if he doesn't get it.

Whoever they get will bolt for a new gig at 1st chance any way. Luke would turn down a million or more just to stay HC at OM. They have a good chance of sucking for awhile. He would work harder than anyone else at it during that time.
    Exactly. He is the perfect guy to drag them through the shat storm coming their way. I just think after the hammer drops he's going to be their most reasonable and probably best option.

vCash

He doesn't have a winning record anywhere he's been does he?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    After deleting 39,000 posts in 24 hours there's no longer any proof of that. Or so he hopes!
    That has to be a record for Twitter.