Thread: Citrus

vCash

Citrus

I would love for us to go to the Citrus. We've never been & it's widely regarded as an excellent bowl. I saw somewhere that it's the highest bowl outside of the NY6.

I think that for us to make it, we need Alabama, Auburn & Georgia to make a NY6 bowl (& of course, we have to take care of business versus the Rebels).

I wouldn't mind dropping to the Outback as we've never been there either (although they screwed us in 1999 when they took 7-4 UGA over 9-2 MSU).

Just don't want to fall below the Outback. The Citrus would be awesome.

vCash
    I don’t see how Bama, UGA, and Auburn all don’t make the NY6.

Auburn being blown out by Bama maybe? That’s the only scenario I see where they may not all make it.

vCash
    Only way is if Georgia Tech beats Georgia and they then get blown out by Alabama.

vCash
    I'm good with the Citrus. As you said it's the best non NY6 bowl plus there's the Disney World caveat.

I was in the minority at the time but I wanted to go to the Peach Bowl in 1999. That was a fun bowl to go to.

vCash
    If MSU and LSU finishes with Identical records will the Citrus Bowl pick the Tigers?

vCash
    SB Nation got USCe going to Citrus against Louisville and State going to Texas Bowl against Texas....what???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm good with the Citrus. As you said it's the best non NY6 bowl plus there's the Disney World caveat.

I was in the minority at the time but I wanted to go to the Peach Bowl in 1999. That was a fun bowl to go to.
    I didn't mind the Peach that year, but I didn't eat at an Outback for 2 years because they dissed us. I'd love to go to the Citrus Bowl and stop by Universal Studios for a day!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    SB Nation got USCe going to Citrus against Louisville and State going to Texas Bowl against Texas....what???
    Must have USCe upsetting Clemson, and us losing to OM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I didn't mind the Peach that year, but I didn't eat at an Outback for 2 years because they dissed us. I'd love to go to the Citrus Bowl and stop by Universal Studios for a day!
    I managed my boycott of Outback until last year.

vCash
    They've had it like that for like 3 weeks. SB Nation, Bleacher Report, CFN, etc. are all jokes when it comes to this. I don't think they even know how the bowl selections work in each conference. CBS and ESPN are the best. It comes down to this: if Auburn gets a NY6 Bowl and we beat OM we go to the Citrus. If Auburn doesn't get a NY6 and we win they go to the Citrus and we get the Outback. If we lose to OM(which ain't happening) it's probably the Texas and possibly the Gator.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Nm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcentral View Post
    I managed my boycott of Outback until last year.
    The last time I went to Outback, it sucked. Blooming onion was good but the rest was terrible. And that blooming onion will take years off of your life

vCash
    In my neck of the woods, Texas Roadhouse is the best chain steakhouse. Maybe they need to sponsor a bowl.

Banned
    vCash
    If we beat Ole Miss, we're going to the Citrus Bowl, done deal. SBNation is a bunch of moronic nimrods

vCash
    Yeah there are a couple of silly projections out there that I can only assume mean they think we'll lose EB. Two have us against .500 opponents, one if whom isn't even bowl eligible yet.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    We are also a hot name right now and will be in the top 15. USCe isn't going to be in the top 25 unless they beat Clemson. LSU is also behind us in the rankings and went to the Citrus last year. We also have a good offense and that always is a draw for TV ratings. Oddly enough Dan getting all this airplay as a hot name in coaching might also help since it gets MSU's name out there.

Pretty much as long as Bama, AU, and UGA make a NY6 game then we are more than likely going to the Citrus.

Banned
    vCash
    In my neck of the woods, Texas Roadhouse is the best chain steakhouse. Maybe they need to sponsor a bowl.
    Texas Roadhouse beats the Outback every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    If MSU and LSU finishes with Identical records will the Citrus Bowl pick the Tigers?
    I don't see how they could..

vCash
    Lsu went to the citrus last year too.