Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4th and two

vCash

4th and two

Say what you want, but dumb move, cost his team a chance. Now for folks saying "well if he makes it", they didn't. Our defense played well not great but Fat Boy should have punted as our offense played poorly and we were making mistakes keeping the Hogs in the game.
    Also saying he or the Hogs had nothing to lose is wrong, they were playing for a chance to get 6 wins and a bowl. They had a better chance IF the game would have gone in overtime. There defense today was better than there offense today. He should be fired tonight for a costly dumb play but I'm so glad he did!

Very proud we pulled it off, again defense was ok, special teams hurt us today. This game makes me think we are or we have turned the corner.

No excuse but both teams will be fired up in the Egg Bowl. We are much better playing at home.

HailState!

vCash
    Incredibly dumb move by BB

vCash
    I think our defense played amazing all things considered

vCash
    Just a man trying to save his job.

Punting probably gets you beat as well since we were the better team.

In normal situations, I think you punt, but in Brett's situation, I can't blame him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Any time you hold your opponent to low yards and get four sacks you had a good day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I agree, special teams wasn't great today either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

In normal situations, I think you punt, but in Brett's situation, I can't blame him
    Like I said, it cost him not saved! His chance was us making another mistake by backing us up. Dumb mistake!

vCash
    The way our defense was playing that was a really dumb coaching decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Say what you want, but dumb move, cost his team a chance. Now for folks saying "well if he makes it", they didn't. Our defense played well not great but Fat Boy should have punted as our offense played poorly and we were making mistakes keeping the Hogs in the game.
    Also saying he or the Hogs had nothing to lose is wrong, they were playing for a chance to get 6 wins and a bowl. They had a better chance IF the game would have gone in overtime. There defense today was better than there offense today. He should be fired tonight for a costly dumb play but I'm so glad he did!

Very proud we pulled it off, again defense was ok, special teams hurt us today. This game makes me think we are or we have turned the corner.

No excuse but both teams will be fired up in the Egg Bowl. We are much better playing at home.

HailState!
    That was one of the single dumbest decisions I have ever seen on a football field

vCash

This is the answer. I wasn't surprised at all. Second game of the year he definitely punts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    That was one of the single dumbest decisions I have ever seen on a football field
    Agree. We aren't a big play team... Make us have to throw it to win in regulation, don't set us up to play within our strengths.

vCash

Going for it can be justified but not in the manner of throwing a deep ball that has little chance of being completed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Ogre's decision (when he was coaching TCUN) to go for it on 4th down instead of punt against us in the 4th Q could be up there with this one. Ogre's decision not only cost him the game (what a comeback from 17-0 down) but cost him his job. I really think there's a great chance that Bert doesn't coach them next week.

vCash

HailState!
    Our D played great! They scored when the fumbled punt gave them the ball on the 35, they scored when we fumbled in the endzone and they scored when we kicked the football all the way down field and gave the a 1st and goal at the 2 yard line. Take away those three mistakes and they get shutout.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Wish we wouldn't have punted against Bama
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Wish we wouldn't have punted against Bama
    It's almost the same thing except we had better field position. I don't blame Bert for going for it. He trusted his team to get it and they didn't. In actuality I thought they deserved the pass interference but the referees were cold and were ready to go home so they kept their hands in their pockets. I would have run the ball off tackle on that play but...
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    It's almost the same thing except we had better field position. I don't blame Bert for going for it. He trusted his team to get it and they didn't. In actuality I thought they deserved the pass interference but the referees were cold and were ready to go home so they kept their hands in their pockets. I would have run the ball off tackle on that play but...
    Pass interference? Receiver slowed down and got tangled up, it was the correct no flag call.

Trust his team? They didn’t do anything on offense w/o our help. U punt the ball and keep us backed up, u hold us and get the ball back.

Dumb ass decision, it backfired. There is no what ifs when u lose!

vCash
    Pass interference? Receiver slowed down and got tangled up, it was the correct no flag call.

Trust his team? They didn’t do anything on offense w/o our help. U punt the ball and keep us backed up, u hold us and get the ball back.

Dumb ass decision, it backfired. There is no what ifs when u lose!
    It looked to me like Durr tripped and fell down. If he touched their receiver it was pretty minimal. Agree good call on the official. Also agree bad call by Bielema. Especially at home. Punt the ball and make MSU drive the field or take your chances in OT. The only small defense I have is the wind may have factored into his decision although if that was the case, I'm not sure why you would have your QB throw it deep?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It looked to me like Durr tripped and fell down. If he touched their receiver it was pretty minimal. Agree good call on the official. Also agree bad call by Bielema. Especially at home. Punt the ball and make MSU drive the field or take your chances in OT. The only small defense I have is the wind may have factored into his decision although if that was the case, I'm not sure why you would have your QB throw it deep?
    I also agree why the deep pass? I’m just glad Fat Boy gambled, he played right into our strength which was defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post

That was not pass interference. Durr tripped over his own feet. Ark receiver had slowed on his route anyway. Ball was uncatchable
    LFC YNWA