Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Culture Won Today's Game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg496 View Post
    Thanks dude, continue to be condescending and act like you know it all. I'm sure you'll go far in life with that attitude. Oh, I will. And don't worry I have gone pretty far in life. At least far enough that I am happy with it- which is ultimately all that really matters.

You can sleep tonight knowing you are free to criticize whoever you want. And I'm the one that thinks I'm important? Ironic. I wish I had insight into your job so I could criticize everytime you messed up. I would give about as much of a shit as Dantzler gives about you feeling the need to take up for him on this message board. I actually do criticise myself- in a constructive manner. I also do receive feedback from my supervisors like most jobs. Most of my criticism is on the positive side but certainly there are things I need to improve on and I do my best to do so to make myself better. That's probably advice that you should heed in whatever it is that you do.

And also once again you fail being able to make a post without calling someone a name. Toughen up buttercup.You must have been picked on too much for being in the band. Eh, not really. I don't mind being picked on for being able to go to MSU football games for free and being paid to do it.

It's really a shame that the old Genespage doesn't exist anymore for the non-competitive sports fans like you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We played like absolute trash today. Fitz had a bad game, Mullen had a bad game, OL has a sub-par game, Nick Gibson had a bad day, Dantzler lost his cool, guys suddenly went dumb & forgot how to recover fumbles etc... but we found a way.

Consider this:

- SEC road game
    - 5 starters out with injuries
    - Basically two fumble recoveries for TDs for Ark
    - Week after playing Alabama to the wire in an emotional game.
    - Cold, windy, rainy, 11:00 AM game
    - We practiced all week in shorts. I mean freaking shorts. Remember what happened last time we did football things in shorts?

Normal programs don't win games like today. Regardless of what you think of Arkansas, they were still in their home stadium, with SEC players, trying to save their coach's job.

I absolutely want to punch MSU football in the face today for how poorly they played, but, at the end of the day, they found a way & that is what top shelf programs find a way to do.

Hopefully, we will be more healthy against OM & I expect us to play like our normal selves.

Throw this game tape in the trash, but don't forget that the culture that Dan Mullen has built at MSU allowed us to win this game. Appreciate it because it ain't normal & not very many programs could've overcome today what we overcame.

ARK was actually kind of a trap game. AL was a tough physical and emotional game,that took a lot out of our team. THe ARK game is sandwiched between Bama and OM and is on the road, in a cold and windy environment. We had a lot of things to go wrong today , but our team found a way to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's really a shame that the old Genespage doesn't exist anymore for the non-competitive sports fans like you.
    The ole Genespage retort. I can't argue with the merits so let me talk my way out of it by talking shit.

vCash

Tell that to the a-hole who gives repudiation warnings for cursing in game threads.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Game threads don't count. Those are emotional. "crime of passion"
    Nm

Banned
    vCash
    Aren't you the guy who said you wanted Mullen to go to UT in the game thread when we were losing?
    Yet you chastise Dantzler, a 20 year old, for losing his cool. The only difference is much more invested into the outcome of the game than armchair analysts.
    I didn't flip out at all. I'm not advocating for selectively ripping on any player. I just took the first example in the post. Also we are talking about losing cool which is what Shotgun did. Does Fitz lose his cool? Not sure why you are bringing this up.

Again, feel free to criticize teenagers and barely old enough to drink kids when they lose their cool, even though they are actually on the field, and not behind a keyboard. Seems to me it's much more justifiable to give the benefit of the doubt in that situation. But if you or anyone else want to continue to pass your time flaming players for not executing 100% perfectly all the time then don't let me stop you.

Like Mike Gundy said, come after the coaches, they at least get paid. These are players who do it for the love of the game who are actually invested in the outcome. You people are just wanna be Barret Sallees.
    Alright bro, sorry for raining on your make fun of teenagers parade. Please continue to live out the remainder of your existence by deriving pleasure from putting down people who actually contribute to an outcome.

You individually do nothing to get Mississippi State a win. But please keep shitting on those who actually do since that apparently makes you feel good in some way or another.

Like Shotgun requested, I'm done hijacking, apologies. Feel free to PM me if anyone disagrees.
    Players play, coaches coach and cheerleaders cheer. And apparently grown men develop fetishes for deriding children.
    Great reply. Very adult like. You comprehended the argument well and responded with a cogent rebuke. Are all of your 37 thousand posts this high quality? Do you actually contribute to any part of society or is your lack of contribution only extended to Mississippi State athletics. With so much time on your hands one has to wonder.
    Apparently you think your post on a message board will hold Dantzler accountable. Don't give yourself that much credit. Like I said, wannabe Barret Sallees at best.

I never said the coaching staff shouldn't coach or discipline him, which I'm sure they will and I support. But let them do their jobs and you do yours, which is writing shitty message board commentary.
    Damn straight. When I was 20, I would have punched someone talking shit to one of my friends and thought about the consequences later. I'm 27 now and I would do the same thing.

Apparently this behavior is okay to criticize but GROWN MEN calling players names, acting like 13 year old teenage girls reacting to every single play as if it was the only sample to judge a player on and giving in to their hormonal urges to post about it on a message board is not open to criticism.
    Why don't you try to argue merits instead of calling people so many names? You're not nearly the expert you think you are and apparently it doesn't stop at baseball.

Keep making fun of players, cussing out fellow fans, and typing shit on a message board while you continue to have zero effect on the game itself. You go in a corner and be inconsequential like you probably are in the remainder of your life.
    1. What did I make up?
    2. I'm not trying to affect MSU with my opinions. I'm trying to get people to understand it's not okay to rip kids and then act cavalier when people question their freak outs on a message board. I'm sorry you can't comprehend that.
    3. No one is promoting poor discipline. Go back and read what I said. I said Mullen will discipline him as he should and I support that. What I don't support and questioned was on one hand flipping out about a player making a mistake and then flipping out on a message board and saying it doesn't count because it was in the heat of things.
    4. I don't pretend to know Xs or Os and nowhere in this thread do I talk about football schematically, so I have no idea what you are rambling about.

Please address these points if you're capable of comprehending them and try to not name call in your next post.
    I wouldn't want to get his male nurse scrubs dirty.
    Thanks dude, continue to be condescending and act like you know it all. I'm sure you'll go far in life with that attitude.

You can sleep tonight knowing you are free to criticize whoever you want. I wish I had insight into your job so I could criticize everytime you messed up.

And also once again you fail being able to make a post without calling someone a name. You must have been picked on too much for being in the band.
    The ole Genespage retort. I can't argue with the merits so let me talk my way out of it by talking shit.
    Hey Lavar Ball you trying to start fights with posters about 2-3 comments made outta 50 pages of game thread is weak ass shit and doesn't help your boy Jalen Ramsey Dantlzer look good. If he does actually end up being an NFL CB he's gonna have a whole bunch more negativity from fans at times than a couple of comments in a game thread and you ain't gonna be able to fight with every twitter user, instagram user, game chat contributor on fifty different sports websites, radio personalities, tv personalities etc. You need to grow some thicker skin cause you blasting fans only makes your boy look bad and you. Dantzler is very talented nobody is questioning that but he has made SEVERAL boneheaded mistakes on the field and he only gets 1/10,000th of the negative comments that Fitzgerald gets yet you don't see Mr. Fitzgerald on here starting fights with fans over it. Only gonna get tougher here on out for you. Might as well develop thicker skin if you want to survive it.