Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Culture Won Today's Game

vCash

Culture Won Today's Game

We played like absolute trash today. Fitz had a bad game, Mullen had a bad game, OL has a sub-par game, Nick Gibson had a bad day, Dantzler lost his cool, guys suddenly went dumb & forgot how to recover fumbles etc... but we found a way.

Consider this:

- SEC road game
    - 5 starters out with injuries
    - Basically two fumble recoveries for TDs for Ark
    - Week after playing Alabama to the wire in an emotional game.
    - Cold, windy, rainy, 11:00 AM game
    - We practiced all week in shorts. I mean freaking shorts. Remember what happened last time we did football things in shorts?

Normal programs don't win games like today. Regardless of what you think of Arkansas, they were still in their home stadium, with SEC players, trying to save their coach's job.

I absolutely want to punch MSU football in the face today for how poorly they played, but, at the end of the day, they found a way & that is what top shelf programs find a way to do.

Hopefully, we will be more healthy against OM & I expect us to play like our normal selves.

Throw this game tape in the trash, but don't forget that the culture that Dan Mullen has built at MSU allowed us to win this game. Appreciate it because it ain't normal & not very many programs could've overcome today what we overcame.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 11-18-2017 at 03:44 PM.

vCash
    dead. nuts. on.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We played like absolute trash today. Fitz had a bad game, Mullen had a bad game, OL has a sub-par game, Nick Gibson had a bad day, Dantler lost his cool, guys suddenly went dumb & forgot how to recover fumbles etc... but we found a way.

Consider this:

- SEC road game

Normal programs don't win games like today. Regardless of what you think of Arkansas, they were still in their home stadium, with SEC players, trying to save their coach's job.

I absolutely want to punch MSU football in the face today for how poorly they played, but, at the end of the day, they found a way & that is what top shelf programs find a way to do.

Hopefully, we will be more healthy against OM & I expect us to play like our normal selves.

Throw this game tape in the trash, but don't forget that the culture that Dan Mullen has built at MSU allowed us to win this game. Appreciate it because it ain't normal & not very many programs could've overcome today what we overcame.
    Se my post below. I said almost the same exact thing.

vCash
    Great post, Shotgun.

vCash
    Aren't you the guy who said you wanted Mullen to go to UT in the game thread when we were losing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg496 View Post
    Aren't you the guy who said you wanted Mullen to go to UT in the game thread when we were losing?
    Game threads are like Vegas. Lets not discuss the dumb things we do there

vCash
    Game threads don't count. Those are emotional. "crime of passion"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Game threads are like Vegas. Lets not discuss the dumb things we do there
    This. They simply don't count against your record

vCash
    Yet you chastise Dantzler, a 20 year old, for losing his cool. The only difference is much more invested into the outcome of the game than armchair analysts.

vCash
    Yet you chastise Dantzler, a 20 year old, for losing his cool. The only difference is much more invested into the outcome of the game than armchair analysts.
    Keeping your cool is a must when you are not a great player to start with. Fire away

BTW, fitz gets ripped unmercifully every game while making plays left and right. You flip out over getting on a kid that has not done crap to win a game

vCash
    We did to Arkansas what Alabama did to us last week

500 yards! Need to plan on rushing for 500 yards vs OM. 457 last year. Ready to see the combo of Kylin & Aeris & Fitz on field together for 50+ plays ~ dangerous

vCash
    We played like absolute trash today. Fitz had a bad game, Mullen had a bad game, OL has a sub-par game, Nick Gibson had a bad day, Dantzler lost his cool, guys suddenly went dumb & forgot how to recover fumbles etc... but we found a way.

Consider this:

- SEC road game
    - We practiced all week in shorts. I mean freaking shorts. Remember what happened last time we did football things in shorts?

Very well said! Dead on accurate!

vCash
    Guys I?m 53 and watched a lot of mediocre to bad Bulldog football. In the past the adversity we faced in this game wiujdve turned this into a blowout. We have come a long way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Keeping your cool is a must when you are not a great player to start with. Fire away

BTW, fitz gets ripped unmercifully every game while making plays left and right. You flip out over getting on a kid that has not done crap to win a game
    I didn't flip out at all. I'm not advocating for selectively ripping on any player. I just took the first example in the post. Also we are talking about losing cool which is what Shotgun did. Does Fitz lose his cool? Not sure why you are bringing this up.

Again, feel free to criticize teenagers and barely old enough to drink kids when they lose their cool, even though they are actually on the field, and not behind a keyboard. Seems to me it's much more justifiable to give the benefit of the doubt in that situation. But if you or anyone else want to continue to pass your time flaming players for not executing 100% perfectly all the time then don't let me stop you.

Like Mike Gundy said, come after the coaches, they at least get paid. These are players who do it for the love of the game who are actually invested in the outcome. You people are just wanna be Barret Sallees.

vCash
    I didn't flip out at all. I'm not advocating for selectively ripping on any player. I just took the first example in the post. Also we are talking about losing cool which is what Shotgun did. Does Fitz lose his cool? Not sure why you are bringing this up.

Again, feel free to criticize teenagers and barely old enough to drink kids when they lose their cool, even though they are actually on the field, and not behind a keyboard. Seems to me it's much more justifiable to give the benefit of the doubt in that situation. But if you or anyone else want to continue to pass your time flaming players for not executing 100% perfectly all the time then don't let me stop you.

Like Mike Gundy said, come after the coaches, they at least get paid. These are players who do it for the love of the game who are actually invested in the outcome. You people are just wanna be Barret Sallees.
    I get what you are saying. Now, please stop hijacking a positive thread. Cam will be a great player for us & will certainly be better because of today

Banned
    vCash
    I agree. culture won today

vCash

Consider this:

- SEC road game

Thanks for posting that. I feel the same way but there is no way I could have typed all that.

vCash

Good grief... lighten up, papaw

vCash
    Built a winner with a winning attitude

vCash
    That was a selfish play and not what MSU football is about. We kick people's ass during the play. Dan Mullen would say the same thing and it's time to move on.