Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Y'all may laugh but......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    I still think Rayford should not play against OM
    I 2nd this. I’m trying not to bash the kid but good lord he’s terrible. He’s completely lost

vCash
    Glad we won, but Bert's boneheaded decision to to for it on 4th&2 gifted us the short field. I'll be surprised if Arky gives him next week's game tbh. Again, glad we won, 9-3 here we come!!!

GOTHOM and Hail State!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt the Hoople View Post
    Right now, have character running out my ass.
    Same here. I have the stress shits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Glad we won, but Bert's boneheaded decision to to for it on 4th&2 gifted us the short field. I'll be surprised if Arky gives him next week's game tbh. Again, glad we won, 9-3 here we come!!!

GOTHOM and Hail State!!!

It’s not boneheaded if he gets it. It was aggressive but I can appreciate that. He was tied with a team he was supposed to lose to and his job is on the line. Go out with a blaze of glory not like a coward.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Today my confidence never faded. Nerves or worries never entered my mind. What was concerning was the last of runs early and mixing up the play calls to get our offense in rhythm.

If I?m not mistaken the first 3-4 fake jet sweep handoffs to Aeris all went for 7 yards. Every time we had players in motion we made positive yards. This is a key aspect to our offense, the deception, motion and misdirection. Why we don?t use it more often is baffling to me.

Not running the ball early against one of the worst rushing defenses in the SEC is also baffling.

Either way, character building win and our crowd finally got into the game in the 4th when the defense needed I️t most.
    Our offense has looked horrible against UGA, Auburn and Arkansas. In all three of those games we essentially spotted the other team 14 points before we had the opportunity to get into a rhythm on offense. Then (I assume) we started changing our offense due to being down 14 points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    It’s not boneheaded if he gets it. It was aggressive but I can appreciate that. He was tied with a team he was supposed to lose to and his job is on the line. Go out with a blaze of glory not like a coward.
    Even if he had got it he would still have been in his own side of the field. The situation there there dictates punt every time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Our offense has looked horrible against UGA, Auburn and Arkansas. In all three of those games we essentially spotted the other team 14 points before we had the opportunity to get into a rhythm on offense. Then (I assume) we started changing our offense due to being down 14 points.
    We also spotted La Tech 14 before we started playing.

vCash
    Dantzler needs to be benched or he needs to run the bleachers when they return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    that's a huge win. It's the kind of win that builds programs. We had so many guys who didn't even travel, we came out totally flat, every break in the world went against us, we played like absolute crap for most of the game, but we found a way to win it. Very, very, very, few teams would have won that game given the way it played out. Almost no MSU team I've ever seen would have.
    You?re exactly right. I can?t believe people are still bitching. It was a great win. We?re 8-3 headed into the Egg Bowl. I?m excited.

vCash
    Take back two fumbles and a crazy bounce play we win 28 to 0.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    I still think Rayford should not play against OM
    Neither should Cleveland. Maybe we had no choice today, but NO.
    Also would make Abram practice about 50 loose ball recoveries w/o trying to pick it up.

vCash

Yuge Win....Yuge

that's a huge win. It's the kind of win that builds programs. We had so many guys who didn't even travel, we came out totally flat, every break in the world went against us, we played like absolute crap for most of the game, but we found a way to win it. Very, very, very, few teams would have won that game given the way it played out. Almost no MSU team I've ever seen would have.
    sorry Liver...couldn't resist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Today my confidence never faded. Nerves or worries never entered my mind. What was concerning was the last of runs early and mixing up the play calls to get our offense in rhythm.

If I?m not mistaken the first 3-4 fake jet sweep handoffs to Aeris all went for 7 yards. Every time we had players in motion we made positive yards. This is a key aspect to our offense, the deception, motion and misdirection. Why we don?t use it more often is baffling to me. 65039;t most.
    I agree Rogue. Arkansas was over pursuing/guessing the play/great film study? on the base read options. When we added that extra motion the running game opened up.

vCash
    You are right. No matter how it happens, or against who, winning is all that matters.

Look, we played like crap for certain series, but Arky got basically 14 fluke points and another gift for 7 more. Take those 3 plays out, and State wins 21 or so to 0.

We have to be what we are. Which is Fitz running the ball, on non scrambles, 10-20 times a game. Go back and run the true Relf offense and we move the ball pretty good.

Both against Umass and Ark. we came out trying to limit the hits on Fitz by running pocket passes and straight RB runs. We started very slow in both games.

I agree with the announcers, Fitz is better throwing on the move. And more dangerous
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Good teams have to be able to win ugly games. We did that. So it?s a good win.

Your dad?s MSU certainly has lost a lot of games like this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Good teams have to be able to win ugly games. We did that. So it?s a good win.

Your dad?s MSU certainly has lost a lot of games like this one.
    Yep, and why I told everyone I talked to this week that it was gonna be rough. Brandon Walker, Rosey and Sallee all saying it would be easy are like most I talked to.

My reply was in the last 20 years I think we won at Arkansas twice, and a lot of those losses came when I thought State was as good or better.

And the 2 wins were in OT and blocking a FG on the last play.

Plus it's at 11 am, which is the underdog game, and windy and cold as usual up there.

What made people really think this would be easy?
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times