Thread: Winning on the road is tough....

Banned
    vCash

Winning on the road is tough....

Should have been much easier but it is what it is.

Banned
    vCash
    True. I am glad I was wrong. But my confidence is sort of shook. Is this how Bama felt last week?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    True. I am glad I was wrong. But my confidence is sort of shook. Is this how Bama felt last week?
    I’m sure. I don’t understand showing the disrespect for the opponent but I guess that’s a thing.

vCash

That?s 3 straight on the road vs. Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    I?m sure. I don?t understand showing the disrespect for the opponent but I guess that?s a thing.
    5 out of the last 6 overall. Dominance established

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    5 out of the last 6 overall. Dominance established
    3 wins is true. OT, blocked chip shot fg, and last second td... dominance is a stretch though

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Take away all the fluke mistakes and plays and we blow them out. The punt off of us, the fumble in our endzone, and us kicking their fumble into endzone all resulted in their 21 points. Defense wasn?t stellar but picked it up in 2nd half when we needed it.

Anyone else notice Fitz running today with his head down? He was not looking for, nor seeing the usual cutbacks. On multiple runs, he had wide open holes on the cut back but he ran it right up his linemen?s asses. The people around us in the stands were asking the same thing. He either was impacted by the weather or something else is/was going on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Take away all the fluke mistakes and plays and we blow them out. The punt off of us, the fumble in our endzone, and us kicking their fumble into endzone all resulted in their 21 points. Defense wasn?t stellar but picked it up in 2nd half when we needed it.

Anyone else notice Fitz running today with his head down? He was not looking for, nor seeing the usual cutbacks. On multiple runs, he had wide open holes on the cut back but he ran it right up his linemen?s asses. The people around us in the stands were asking the same thing. He either was impacted by the weather or something else is/was going on.
    He did it a few times. But on the last drive he didn?t. Kinda odd. May have been the cold.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    He did it a few times. But on the last drive he didn?t. Kinda odd. May have been the cold.
    Could be, but he did look different running today against a shit defense. But, Damn it was cold with the wind. Think i got windburn. My face and ears are burning and just now thawing out. Been at a local establishment for about an hour now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post

Not an excuse - but I?m not sure Fitz has ever played in a true cold weather game. Even his playoff games here on the coast were in 60 degree weather. Yeah - it?s 75 degrees here today...

vCash
    Today wasn't so much about being on the road as it was stupid mistake after stupid mistake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Not an excuse - but I?m not sure Fitz has ever played in a true cold weather game. Even his playoff games here on the coast were in 60 degree weather. Yeah - it?s 75 degrees here today...
    He's going to play in another one Th.

vCash
    If they would have beaten us it would have been a fluke.

Their 3 TD's:

1. Short drive after a punt hit one of our gunners.

2. Fumble recovery in the end zone from one of our back-up running backs.

3. Sustained drive where the biggest play was a fumble we couldn't fall on.

We had I think over 300 yards of total offense and they were well under 200.

We probably should have blown them out but it is what it is and I'm happy we won.