Thread: Madison Central still rolling...

vCash

Madison Central still rolling...

Unbelievable good game. Little bit of everything. Pick 6, blocked punt for 6, hard hitting and great atmosphere...Came down to 4th and 5, and MC throws a TD with 17 seconds left.
    Now on to Starkville next Friday. Going to be another tough one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugdog View Post
    Unbelievable good game. Little bit of everything. Pick 6, blocked punt for 6, hard hitting and great atmosphere...Came down to 4th and 5, and MC throws a TD with 17 seconds left.
    Now on to Starkville next Friday. Going to be another tough one.
    Just be glad West Point is in 5A

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Oh ok. I bet WP is glad they are in 5A and not in 6A....

vCash
    Maybe so. They did beat Starkville 24-3 though.

vCash
    That was an unbelievable pass and catch at the end to win the game. Holliday is going to be a good prospect in a couple of years- I could see him playing WR in college.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I don't think Madison Central would have a problem playing them if West Point agreed to it. May or may not win- but MC usually doesn't shy away from playing tough teams.

MC's "problem" is they don't have any elite Dandy Dozen type talent like they had in 2010 and 1999. They're still a very strong program and one of the best in the state- but that's usually what ends up tripping them up in the North Finals. And that will probably happen again with Starkville. That's true of really anybody in Mississippi. West Point has the best player in the state and he can carry a team. Once Murphy graduates they'll probably take a step back to what they are usually are- a very solid 5A football team that will go deep in the playoffs. Unless they have someone I am unaware of that can carry them again.

vCash
    The word around the area up here is, even among refs, that this year's West Point team is one of the best in Mississippi in a number of years. I really wanted to go see them once my main team got knocked out last week. They were on the road tonight, and next week I have family obligations. I'm going to have to choose between the high school games and the college conference championship games on State championship weekend. I'll make all three games on Friday, but I probably won't make it Saturday.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 11-18-2017 at 02:00 AM.

vCash
    West Point beats MC by two touchdowns. It was a good game last night. Two turnover for WC sealed their fate

vCash
    MC better worry about Pearl before they talk WP.

vCash
    Boom hashtag truth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    MC better worry about Pearl before they talk WP.
    Actually MC should be worried about Starkville first. No question in my mind that MC won't be worried about a team they don't even play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Boom hashtag truth
    Only folks sayin that are the ones that haven't seen them play. Best all around team in the state. As much as the offense gets all the pub for the stars the defense is what makes them so dern tuff. I'm not sayin it wouldn't be a hard fought game but anybody without blinders or a metro area bias knows who the best team in the state is this year.

vCash
    Um no. Wp is better than anyone from 6a

vCash
    Boom hashtag truth
    Shs has played mc, wc and wp and it's not even close who the best team was. Not close.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Boom hashtag truth
    West Point would dominate anyone in the state. Best team by far. And I’m a madison central grad. As the original person said, the 6a teams should be glad West Point is 5a.

Saying that, would love to see some type of overall tournament like the private schools do in basketball. Unfortunately, this would never happen, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    West Point would dominate anyone in the state. Best team by far. And I?m a madison central grad. As the original person said, the 6a teams should be glad West Point is 5a.

Saying that, would love to see some type of overall tournament like the private schools do in basketball. Unfortunately, this would never happen, though.
    I think Pearl may have something to say about that.
    Last edited by Sacrifice; 11-18-2017 at 11:50 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    I think Pearl may have something to say about that.
    I’ve seen them both this year and no Pearl can’t beat WP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    I’ve seen them both this year and no Pearl can’t beat WP.
    I was actually at the WP/Starkville game. Trust me, WP would have trouble with Pearls speed on Offense.
    Pearl has played the toughest schedule in the state and is sitting at 14-0.