Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OM coaching rumor

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    Per an Arizonan, he's winning but admin and boosters hate him and want him gone.
    If Mullen leaves I hope we hire him

ALL DAY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Pat White & Steve Slaton, those two years we played WVU they were so nasty. They had back to back 11-2 seasons those years.
    Don?t forget Owen Schmidt that big crazy rb that used to beat his head with his own helmet lol

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Don?t forget Owen Schmidt that big crazy rb that used to beat his head with his own helmet lol
    Impossible to forget that psycho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcIhNJo1t4A

vCash
    Impossible to forget that psycho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcIhNJo1t4A
    I?m thinking ol Owen might have been suffering from rage due to self medication.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I really think noone should believe a damn thing ANYONE is saying UNTIL the COI report is released.
    Why the hell would anyone want to look at the dumpster fire that is still burning a giant crater until the ground and you can't see how deep it is yet.

If this rumor came from OM I will give it just as much credibility as anything else they say.

Absolute doubt of truth.

The other part of me says their coach can't suit up and play and they have very limited chances of recruiting anyone worthwhile for the bear future without buying them.

It seems to me that the NCAA will be watching for that.

I almost hope they try to buy their new coach a team. Would be nice being the only SEC team from Mississippi. Maybe the SEC would take Tulane back into the fold as a replacement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    He was such a hot name at WV. I wonder what happened ? I mean he’s still ok but nothing like he once was.
    It was called Pat White. Just like ole Brett Farve made Curly Hallman a hot commodity; Pat White made RR one also.

vCash
    Nobody will even talk to them until the penalties hit. Plus, few coaches are going to take a job where Boosters are suing student athletes from another school. No coach wants that shitshow unless he really needs a job
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    It was called Pat White. Just like ole Brett Farve made Curly Hallman a hot commodity; Pat White made RR one also.
    Pat White was great but he never ran for as many yards in a season as Fitz did last year. WVU was essentially running the Auburn HUNH before Oregon and Auburn started doing it. They weren't a great passing team. They had 2-3 electric runners and used hurry up no huddle to confuse the defense. Rich Rod's system still works as we don't have to go beyond Auburn to see it being successful. Rodriguez seems to have gone away from that type of offense though for whatever reason and he hasn't seen the same level of success ever since. He consistently has shitty defenses though so that is the other reason for his downfall and it's a big reason.

vCash
    Pat White was great but he never ran for as many yards in a season as Fitz did last year. WVU was essentially running the Auburn HUNH before Oregon and Auburn started doing it. They weren't a great passing team. They had 2-3 electric runners and used hurry up no huddle to confuse the defense. Rich Rod's system still works as we don't have to go beyond Auburn to see it being successful. Rodriguez seems to have gone away from that type of offense though for whatever reason and he hasn't seen the same level of success ever since. He consistently has shitty defenses though so that is the other reason for his downfall and it's a big reason.
    White and Slaton were special players for them and I think that's most of why he hasn't been as successful.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    White and Slaton were special players for them and I think that's most of why he hasn't been as successful.
    No doubt those two players were electric but if you look at his offenses at WVU and then look at the nine years following his leave from there a very interesting stat stands out. In the last six years he was at WVU the least he ever ran the ball the was 69% of the time in one season. The other five years he ran it 70% or more. Since he left in nine seasons he has ran the ball only once that much and it dipped below 50% at Arizona his first year. He has gotten away from what made him so successful at WVU. Running the ball a whole bunch and using the HUNH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Nobody will even talk to them until the penalties hit. Plus, few coaches are going to take a job where Boosters are suing student athletes from another school. No coach wants that shitshow unless he really needs a job
    100% agree! OM is the worst job opening in power 5. Not so much that is OM but let?s look at it like this. Whoever takes the job will have a minimum, a minimum of three years probation, scholarship reductions and trying to compete in the sec West. When you hear rumors about this guy or that guy remember this. OM is the worst job opening in the power 5 this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    No way I'm buying this
    Good luck today Dan! Get the boys fired up.

vCash
    Let us not forget that Rich Rod was offered the Alabama HC position to replace Shula, and accepted before the WVU boosters changed his mind.

Good AL.com rundown on that episode:
    http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in...really_ha.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Until penalties hit- nobody is taking that job. Once penalties hit- few people will want it
    It's not hard to understand this ☝️☝️☝️.