Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OM coaching rumor

vCash

OM coaching rumor

A coworker from Arizona said that the big talk there is Rich Rod to OM. I think it's great fit. 2 arrogant dumpster fires joining forces.

vCash
    Big name. Small game. Perfect fit for each other. Mullen will own him.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Big name. Small game. Perfect fit for each other. Mullen will own him.
    I'll never forget the 2010 Gator Bowl against his Michigan team. The day before, both teams had pep rallies at some kind of pier area, a few hundred yards apart. Ours was about an hour before theirs. When ours was over, everyone went over to the Michigan one, and unbeknownst to them, the 2k Michigan fans were completely surrounded by 5k+ State folk, cowbells in hand. At one point, an oblivious Rich Rod said something like, "Now, I know that there are going to be some bells ringing tomorrow..." and before he could finish the thought, 5k cowbells started ringing. The Michigan fans suddenly noticed the crowd around them, and Rich Rod looked deeply embarrassed and defeated man. He looked flat intimidated.

The next day, the team finished the job. Truly a thing of beauty.

Banned
    vCash
    Rich Rod's West Virginia teams were amazing but then he lost it totally and hasn't gotten it back since. He beat the absolute piss outta us twice with WVU so it was nice for Mullen to take a pound of flesh from him in the Gator Bowl.
    Last edited by Dawg61; 11-17-2017 at 04:12 PM.

vCash
    I really think noone should believe a damn thing ANYONE is saying UNTIL the COI report is released.
    Why the hell would anyone want to look at the dumpster fire that is still burning a giant crater until the ground and you can't see how deep it is yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I really think noone should believe a damn thing ANYONE is saying UNTIL the COI report is released.
    Why the hell would anyone want to look at the dumpster fire that is still burning a giant crater until the ground and you can't see how deep it is yet.
    As bad as Rich Rod is I would think he could do better than an on probation OM unless they are paying him big bucks to end his career in four years. He definitely should ask for a tremendous buyout and a guaranteed extension after 3 years since they can?t do a contract over four years.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    As bad as Rich Rod is I would think he could do better than an on probation OM unless they are paying him big bucks to end his career in four years. He definitely should ask for a tremendous buyout and a guaranteed extension after 3 years since they can?t do a contract over four years.
    Agreed.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    No way I'm buying this

vCash
    Until penalties hit- nobody is taking that job. Once penalties hit- few people will want it
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Once penalties hit- few people will want it
    And those that do will be the desperate re-tread types.

vCash
    No way Rich Rod takes that dumpster fire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Rich Rod's West Virginia teams were amazing but then he lost it totally and hasn't gotten it back since. He beat the absolute piss outta us twice with WVU so it was nice for Mullen to take a pound of flesh from him in the Gator Bowl.
    He got really lucky with the QB and Running back he had at WVU that season.

vCash
    I thought AZ was doing ok this year. Too lazy to look it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    I thought AZ was doing ok this year. Too lazy to look it up.
    7-3 and 2nd in the pac12 south. And he's in a very low pressure job.

vCash
    Arizona job >>> ole miss job post sanctions

If RR does take it then it proves he's an idiot. Dan will own him for several years straight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    I'll never forget the 2010 Gator Bowl against his Michigan team. The day before, both teams had pep rallies at some kind of pier area, a few hundred yards apart. Ours was about an hour before theirs. When ours was over, everyone went over to the Michigan one, and unbeknownst to them, the 2k Michigan fans were completely surrounded by 5k+ State folk, cowbells in hand. At one point, an oblivious Rich Rod said something like, "Now, I know that there are going to be some bells ringing tomorrow..." and before he could finish the thought, 5k cowbells started ringing. The Michigan fans suddenly noticed the crowd around them, and Rich Rod looked deeply embarrassed and defeated man. He looked flat intimidated.

The next day, the team finished the job. Truly a thing of beauty.
    That's a great story! I thoroughly enjoyed that demolition, especially after we adjusted our defense and took care of their QB the rest of the game.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    He was such a hot name at WV. I wonder what happened ? I mean he’s still ok but nothing like he once was.

Banned
    vCash
    Dumbest rumor yet. Rich Rod makes like 3 million and is looking good this year. Guy is a great offensive coach and when he has a DC, much like Mullen, he can smoke. I don't want him anywhere close to Oxford and there is zero chance he takes it anyway.

Too many of you only remember that Gator Bowl. Not to mention he had an uphill battle the entire time he was at Michigan. If he made any mistake, it was leaving West Virginia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    Dumbest rumor yet. Rich Rod makes like 3 million and is looking good this year. Guy is a great offensive coach and when he has a DC, much like Mullen, he can smoke. I don't want him anywhere close to Oxford and there is zero chance he takes it anyway.

Too many of you only remember that Gator Bowl. Not to mention he had an uphill battle the entire time he was at Michigan. If he made any mistake, it was leaving West Virginia.
    Per an Arizonan, he's winning but admin and boosters hate him and want him gone.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    He got really lucky with the QB and Running back he had at WVU that season.
    Pat White & Steve Slaton, those two years we played WVU they were so nasty. They had back to back 11-2 seasons those years.