Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Delay of the COI punishment a good thing or bad thing for Ole Miss?

vCash

Is the Delay of the COI punishment a good thing or bad thing for Ole Miss?

I am thinking it is taking so long because of so many violations and multiple coaching staff.

vCash
    Bears saying it?s because they can?t levy severe sanctions and are delaying announcing them as long as possible to keep the cloud of uncertainty hanging over the program and hurt early signing and the coach search.

vCash
    With Ole Miss, it, no matter what "it" is, is always "a good thing".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I am thinking it is taking so long because of so many violations and multiple coaching staff.
    1. I don?t think it?s about the egg bowl. Will be contentious either way.

2. I know there is no way it?s about the NCAA saving face. That is preposterous on more levels than I can count. Same odds as getting an apology.

3. I think it?s about trying to explain the matrix and how they couldn?t have conceived of this much on a ?1st? charge. There is a fine line between what they ought to do and what would effectively be the death penalty. I don?t think they want to cross that line but they want to snug up to it.

At the end of the day this is their chance to illustrate they hold the SEC to the same standard as all schools.

vCash
    It's 100% about the Egg Bowl.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Their media water-carriers fooled the fan base into expecting the COI decision within 6-8 weeks, when in fact, most COI decisions are released within an 8 to 12 week window (if not longer). Now they can claim this "delay" as a punitive damage from the NCAA because it's ****ing up their coaching search, but it just is what it is; the NCAA works at their own pace, and they don't give a shit about a schools coaching search.

Banned
    vCash
    How can the delay be anything except good? Did you think at all before you posted?

ETA: Good for us....bad for them....is what I meant.
    Last edited by Hasu Dackds; 11-17-2017 at 05:27 PM.

vCash
    I think they still have Luke coaching them next year. Who the Hell is going to want that job?

vCash

Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Very very bad. It prolly means something is going on the ho's side of things

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    I think they still have Luke coaching them next year. Who the Hell is going to want that job?
    I think Luke is their head coach next year regardless of how they finish the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid mouth View Post
    I think Luke is their head coach next year regardless of how they finish the season.
    This is the funniest part of the whole thing....that they actually believe anyone is lining up to coach at that place. If they hire someone, it's either going to be someone like Frank Wilson, or an old retread. They're better off keeping Luke, who has already matched Hugh's win total from last year.

vCash
    Didn't Bjork say two or three weeks ago that they were just before hiring a coach? I read that as being imminent.

vCash
    OM could have had a new coach a long time ago if they had of canned HF when any sane fanbase would have.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Didn't Bjork say two or three weeks ago that they were just before hiring a coach? I read that as being imminent.
    He?s said a lot of things. None of them true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    OM could have had a new coach a long time ago if they had of canned HF when any sane fanbase would have.
    Yep, fire Freeze and most of his staff, throw themselves at the feet of the NCAA begging for mercy and they might have gotten out with a slap on the wrist.

vCash

Delayed the inevitable

Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Their media water-carriers fooled the fan base into expecting the COI decision within 6-8 weeks, when in fact, most COI decisions are released within an 8 to 12 week window (if not longer). Now they can claim this "delay" as a punitive damage from the NCAA because it's ****ing up their coaching search, but it just is what it is; the NCAA works at their own pace, and they don't give a shit about a schools coaching search.
    They could?ve already had their penalties announced weeks or months ago had they not delayed throughout the entire process. This timing is all about their earlier choices in delaying the inevitable.

vCash
    Why would releasing the COI before the Egg Bowl be a bad thing? Just curious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Apparently the NCAA thinks OM could put a bounty or something on Leo. If the NCAA is intentionally delaying it till after the egg, that tells me it will be bad for OM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Because, if it's not stiff enough, we will use our razor sharp cowbells to maim the Landsharts!****
    Bulldogs continue domination of Ole Miss
    BY RICK CLEVELAND

vCash
    Gonna get real bad for the shitbirds