Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Interested in your thoughts on the tax change for ticket donations

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    A lot of retirees that vote in Florida is the answer.
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    That's not just medicair/caid. That's the entire medical billing industry and practice. I think that billing industry alone accounts for a large part of our inflated medical costs.
    Very good from you drunk. It's what some of us said all along, the managed care stuff worked for a while, till it became a ndustry in its own right. Now it's just another layer of people who aren't involved in delivering care that have to be paid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    A lot of military in Florida
    A lot more old people.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    1) Term Limits
    2) End lifetime pension and healthcare
    3) Campaign finance reform
    4) End PACS
    5) Limit the length of campaigning to 3 months prior to elections
    6) Move elections to weekends & expand early voting and simplify voter registration

6 things that would make major headway in improving government at all levels.
    I would agree with all of that. I am sure Senators really do not like fundraising everyday in Washington phone banks just to raise enough money to not get primaried next go around. Then, if you actually say and do the "right" thing for your constituents but it goes against some super PAC wishes, they throw a bunch of money at some puppet and get you out of there. It is just easier to take the PAC money and give a super tax cut to those guys, aka what is exactly going on right now.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Term limits would resolve most of the political obfuscation.

vCash
    Term limits need to be done like yesterday.

vCash
    If they wanted that stuff it would be done. They make their own rules!!!!

I’ve heard them argue term limits by saying it tak s about two terms to learn what they are doing and how things “really” work up there.

Campaign finance reform and no more PACS would mean that only individuals who ar independently wealthy would have a snowball’s chance (as if they do now anyway).

Limiting the length of campaigns is impractical. People will cheat and you will have career politicians, big business owners and celebrities (I know this is already happening) with prior name recognition being the only ones who can get elected.

Moving elections to weekends, simplifying registration (like automatic), and undoing the gerrymandered districts would just make things too fair and neither side wants that.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post

I?ve heard them argue term limits by saying it tak s about two terms to learn what they are doing and how things ?really? work up there.
    I always laugh when I hear politician spout this. Senate terms are SIX years. Plenty of time to figure out the game, and how to work in it. I will give Congress members some relief as they have two year terms. You get one term to figure it out. One to operate at the mid level, and a third to really be functioning at a high level getting things done.

If you cant figure out how do do your job in SIX years, time to find another one.

vCash
    Shortening the length of campaigns works everywhere else, why not here? This year, Theresa May called for a new Parliamentary election on April 17. They qualified candidates, had debates, gave us incredible candidates like Lord McBuckethead, and held an election on June 8th. That?s less than 2 months - and less than the time we schedule between a primary and a run off in the US.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperDawg View Post
    I always laugh when I hear politician spout this. Senate terms are SIX years. Plenty of time to figure out the game, and how to work in it. I will give Congress members some relief as they have two year terms. You get one term to figure it out. One to operate at the mid level, and a third to really be functioning at a high level getting things done.

If you cant figure out how do do your job in SIX years, time to find another one.

Kevin Brady who chaired the ways and means committee and authored this bill is my Represenative ...we hit him hard with a primary challenge and almost got him out...he won 52-48... but I must say we have his attention as he has continued to run ads promoting himself even after the election last fall.