Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last 2 games

vCash

Last 2 games

I am hoping we are motivated and ready to go for these last 2. Sure would suck to have a good season spoiled by a bunch of slappys from Arky or TSUN.

I am worried we will show up flat saturday. If you are not you are kidding yourself, its a sandwhich game between (arguably) our 2 biggest rivals, on the road, against a bad team at 11 am. I do think the 11 am time actually helps us this week but after the Bama game I do not expect to see our best effort on Saturday. Shit on me if you want to. Hoping for the best.

I am not worried about our motivation vs TSUN. We shouldnt need any.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I am hoping we are motivated and ready to go for these last 2. Sure would suck to have a good season spoiled by a bunch of slappys from Arky or TSUN.

I am worried we will show up flat saturday. If you are not you are kidding yourself, its a sandwhich game between (arguably) our 2 biggest rivals, on the road, against a bad team at 11 am. I do think the 11 am time actually helps us this week but after the Bama game I do not expect to see our best effort on Saturday. Shit on me if you want to. Hoping for the best.

There isn't a team in the country who doesn't lose "atmosphere" because of the 11 am start time. It basically takes away the home field advantage for the most part. I only worry about Bert having a win one for the gipper type speech and the hogs actually showing up. Whaley is a talent along with Allen at times but their defense is pretty bad. I will be disappointed if Logan Cooke has to punt more than twice.

vCash
    We may come out a little flat but the reason I'm nor worried is because of the physicality of this team. Its much easier to overcome an off day if you're a physical team as opposed to a finesse team. Finesse teams that have to throw the ball a lot suffer more from coming out flat. If you're a physical team, like we are, you just come out and run it down their throats and control the los on defense, like we have been doing. I expect us to do what we have done the last 5 games and thats grind our opponents on both los.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    I am with you in thinking this is a classic trap game. The only thing is they are REALLY bad. Like close to the worst in the SEC bad. Tennessee might be the only team that is worse. I think the name and our history with them is getting you spooked. Would you be worried if we were playing Vandy in Nashville ? I think we look a little flat but end up winning pretty easily. (I hope)

vCash
    I am worried about how we will show up Saturday. Us showing up flat is the only way it's a competitive game.

Hopefully our players are just as excited as us to finish out strong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post

If we are flat it will be matched and evened out by low crowd, crappy season, possible lose of coach and over all I don't give a shit anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    If we are flat it will be matched and evened out by low crowd, crappy season, possible lose of coach and over all I don't give a shit anymore.
    lol This pretty much sums up the pigs right now.

vCash
    That’s why our record is so bad against Arkansas. Bama is usually in the top 5 or 10 and then you have ole miss to finish the season. I really wish we could move this game to another time in the year.

We just can’t let them hang around. They’re about to see a coaching change regardless of if they win out and finish 6-6. They’ll come out with a lot of emotion but we just need to take care of business early. Arkansas will quit if we get up by two scores.

It would be great if we could pull the starters and get them so rest with a short week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I read an article this morning that said Fat Bert knows he's gone. These last two games won't do him any good.

vCash
    Memories of UMass should take care of coming out flat.

vCash
    If we are becoming the type of program we need to become then we come out the next 2 games and take out our frustrations of losing on our opponents. I think we see a very focused, intense team the rest of the season. We find out a lot about the mentality of our coaches and team this saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    If we are becoming the type of program we need to become then we come out the next 2 games and take out our frustrations of losing on our opponents. I think we see a very focused, intense team the rest of the season. We find out a lot about the mentality of our coaches and team this saturday.
    One thing that Saban is great at doing is getting his team to be consistent with effort every game. When they lose it isn't typically because they were just flat and low energy. It might be because of some crazy 5 turnover type situation but it won't be because they are sleepwalking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    One thing that Saban is great at doing is getting his team to be consistent with effort every game. When they lose it isn't typically because they were just flat and low energy. It might be because of some crazy 5 turnover type situation but it won't be because they are sleepwalking.
    That's exactly it. You know you're program is getting there when you can control the flat games and keep that effort at a consistent almost even level, not to high, not to low. It's how you become elite.

vCash
    come out and run the football(dont get cute) do what you do and we will be fine.Hit allen early and often

vCash
    The Hogs are the team that will be flat not Msu.

Stop worrying like it's Mullen's first rodeo, he and the team know what is at stake. 41-17 Dawgs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg99 View Post
    That’s why our record is so bad against Arkansas. Bama is usually in the top 5 or 10 and then you have ole miss to finish the season. I really wish we could move this game to another time in the year.

We just can’t let them hang around. They’re about to see a coaching change regardless of if they win out and finish 6-6. They’ll come out with a lot of emotion but we just need to take care of business early. Arkansas will quit if we get up by two scores.

It would be great if we could pull the starters and get them so rest with a short week.
    You can thank Jackie and Croom for a lot of that. And during Dan's early days Petrino had good teams. Ever since Petrino ahem...rode off in the sunset we've won four out of the last five. Thanks Peter Sirmon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    The Hogs are the team that will be flat not Msu.

Stop worrying like it's Mullen's first rodeo, he and the team know what is at stake. 41-17 Dawgs.
    This!

vCash
    Sherrill for some reason never got the team ready to play Arkansas. On the pregame radio show he would laugh and talk about how hard it was to get into Fayetteville and just didn't seem to think we would win....and we didn't. He would get the team up for some games and others he didn't even seem to try...just focused on trying to win the month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You can thank Jackie and Croom for a lot of that. And during Dan's early days Petrino had good teams. Ever since Petrino ahem...rode off in the sunset we've won four out of the last five. Thanks Peter Sirmon.
    Well...Manny's 2015 defense gave up 50 to them. I wonder if they're Hawk Tackling at Miami?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Sherrill for some reason never got the team ready to play Arkansas. On the pregame radio show he would laugh and talk about how hard it was to get into Fayetteville and just didn't seem to think we would win....and we didn't. He would get the team up for some games and others he didn't even seem to try...just focused on trying to win the month.
    Arkansas wasn't one of the three games he could get our team up for.