Thread: Good article on Dak vs Wentz. Interesting read.

vCash

Good article on Dak vs Wentz. Interesting read.

vCash
    I think the Eagles and the Cowboys are both happy as they can be with their QB. These 2 guys can flat play. If the draft was a "do-over", Wentz, Goff, and Dak might go 1, 2, 3. But not necessarily in that order. Wentz and Dak are going to make that division tough for many years to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I think the Eagles and the Cowboys are both happy as they can be with their QB. These 2 guys can flat play. If the draft was a "do-over", Wentz, Goff, and Dak might go 1, 2, 3. But not necessarily in that order. Wentz and Dak are going to make that division tough for many years to come.
    Yeah I see this as Brady/Manning 2.0. Good stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Goff is actually a good NFL QB. He would go 3rd in a redraft but he is definitely worth the high pick. That draft might end up being one of the best QB drafts in a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Goff is actually a good NFL QB. He would go 3rd in a redraft but he is definitely worth the high pick. That draft might end up being one of the best QB drafts in a while.
    Very similar to the '83 draft with Marino, Elway and Kelly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Very similar to the '83 draft with Marino, Elway and Kelly.
    2004 was a good year also.

Eli - good even though I hate him
    Philip Rivers
    Ben Roethlisberger
    J. P. Losman - made some starts
    Matt Schaub - made a Pro Bowl
    Luke McCown - made some starts

Pretty good list that was on one end borderline Hall of Famers in Eli, Ben, and possibly Rivers. Those guys probably at least get in their respective team Hall of Fames or Ring of Honor.

Then some guys that started games over multiple years which is pretty good when drafting a QB. I would say Losman being drafted in the 1st round was the closest to being a disappointment but he did start, he just didn't become a franchise QB.

vCash
    2004 was a good year also.

Eli - good even though I hate him
    Philip Rivers
    Ben Roethlisberger
    J. P. Losman - made some starts
    Matt Schaub - made a Pro Bowl
    Luke McCown - made some starts

Pretty good list that was on one end borderline Hall of Famers in Eli, Ben, and possibly Rivers. Those guys probably at least get in their respective team Hall of Fames or Ring of Honor.

Then some guys that started games over multiple years which is pretty good when drafting a QB. I would say Losman being drafted in the 1st round was the closest to being a disappointment but he did start, he just didn't become a franchise QB.
    Yeah that was a very good year as well. Got to looking and Ken O'Brien and Tony Eason were in the qb class of '83 too. 2016 with Dak, Wentz and Goff may go down in the top 2 or 3 barring injuries. Glad Dak's named keeps being mentioned in all these best of things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah that was a very good year as well. Got to looking and Ken O'Brien and Tony Eason were in the qb class of '83 too. 2016 with Dak, Wentz and Goff may go down in the top 2 or 3 barring injuries. Glad Dak's named keeps being mentioned in all these best of things.
    One of the most impressive things Dak has done to me is being a team Captain in his 2nd year. He obviously has throughly impressed his teammates and coaches with his play and work ethic. That is an honor as much off the field as on it.

vCash
    One of the most impressive things Dak has done to me is being a team Captain in his 2nd year. He obviously has throughly impressed his teammates and coaches with his play and work ethic. That is an honor as much off the field as on it.
    Amen! I don't know if you saw the little twitter war between Cole Beasley and a Philadelphia writer Sunday night. The writer was calling, Dak a flash in the pan and basically said he was garbage Sunday. It didn't sit well with Beasley who said, "You must be the dumbest sh** out there if you think that. Dak is "that dude" and has done nothing but ball since the minute he walked through the door". He said a few other things too, but from what his teammates say he has been a leader since his first huddle. Dak not only has tremendous talent but his intangibles are off the chart, Brady or Manning like. So proud of Dak and the fact he's one of us. Great player but an even better human being!