Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Thoughts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    I have seen a lot of TN talking heads saying Gruden is #1, and is at least going to hear the offer. Most of these same people are claiming Mullen is #2 and has called and expressed interest in the job.

I hope this is as much BS as the Ole Miss talking heads spew.

Let's all hope they actually hire Gruden. Because, yes, he will be terrible, and secondly, we don't have to find out who their #2 guy really is.
    It’s a dumb situation for both parties regarding Mullen and Tennessee. If Mullen is successful there, he will bolt for a top five job like Kiffin did and won’t be there long at all. If he’s not, he will be fired in three years and essentially end his coaching career. His best bet is to make his $5-6 mil a year here and then bolt for a top five job when one opens up if that’s what he wants to do. Tennessee is a better job but it’s not so much better that he should leave his situation here to go there. I’d be insulted if he left us to go to Tennessee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    They've been through Kiffen, Dooley and Butch in a 9 year period and that program is a dumpster fire. They are now at the point of a major rebuild. It's not the coach, it's the culture. The same thing for Florida too.
    It?s not just the culture. It?s hard as hell to recruit to that place and all of the states that surround Tennessee have programs which are doing well. Butch Jones put all of his effort into recruiting and could only get it consistently to a top 15 profile. And he lived and breathed recruiting. He also recruited a lot of prima donnas in doing that as well. Personally, I don?t think Mullen would do well there because by the time he got his guys in he would probably be fired. Their best bet IMO would be Fuentes or Petrino. I don?t see any other coaches other then the two I mentioned really being successful there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    It?s not just the culture. It?s hard as hell to recruit to that place and all of the states that surround Tennessee have programs which are doing well. Butch Jones put all of his effort into recruiting and could only get it consistently to a top 15 profile. And he lived and breathed recruiting. He also recruited a lot of prima donnas in doing that as well. Personally, I don?t think Mullen would do well there because by the time he got his guys in he would probably be fired. Their best bet IMO would be Fuentes or Petrino. I don?t see any other coaches other then the two I mentioned really being successful there.
    The last time TN was worth a damn recruits were in kindergarten. TN is irrelevant now. They are a middle of the pack East team at best. They won't see the top 10 again for a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    The last time TN was worth a damn recruits were in kindergarten. TN is irrelevant now. They are a middle of the pack East team at best. They won't see the top 10 again for a long time.
    Shit, it’s been since 2007 since they won 10 games.