Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
I read it dawgology. Several times, thus my reading comprehension is fine. I say drama because inevitably we get upset as a fan base when outside sources run with the narrative of "Mullen to...". Yes, I know we all agree that he's going to stay, but why even put it up as a post about a hypothetical?

It's cyclical in nature with some of our fans to speculate every year around this time. Then when the media starts running it, we get upset. I'm suggesting we do the opposite. Think about the future with Mullen. No sensitivity here brother. Running gunshots through the streets of Jackson sort of toughens you up
Since I have to spell it out. My intent wasn't start drama but to start a discussion about where our program is and why we shouldn't be worried. We often get upset about media types saying this because it is (most often) done in a passive type of disrespect by the media insinuating that this program is not good enough. This whips our fans into a frenzy and the media folks eat it up. When we (as a fan base) realize that we now have an attractive program that a good coach WANTS to work in then, I think, we beat the media narrative. Whether this is Mullen or the next great MSU football coach.

Most great programs (blue-bloods) don't WANT to lose their coach but they also don't melt if he's mentioned for another job. They simply go out and get another great coach because coaches WANT to come to that program. We are there now. We weren't before. Don't be scared of it.