Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to expect when Mullen does stay?

vCash

What to expect when Mullen does stay?

So getting sick and tired of the hypothetical drama llama type posts where we wonder what would happen in the case of Mullen leaving. How about something better. What can the university and our state expect when Mullen does stay?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    So getting sick and tired of the hypothetical drama llama type posts where we wonder what would happen in the case of Mullen leaving. How about something better. What can the university and our state expect when Mullen does stay?
    Drama??? ok....
    If you are so sensitive and scared that you can't talk about your football program in a realistic light you may want to back up. Maybe take up watching golf, knitting, take a swim class. Chill, man.

If he does stay (which I think he will because of ALL of the reasons I listed in the last thread) we will win 10 games next season, close out 2 great recruiting classes, and probably win an SEC Championship in the next 3-4 years.

How's that for you? Feel better now?

I swear....some people have ZERO reading comprehension. Zip. Nada.

vCash
    To begin with, he and his staff will get a nice monetary elevation. Then with recruiting classes on the up and up, we will continue on the quest to win the national championship in football. It's going to snowball...trust me. It's probably more fun to chase it than to catch it, and then once he wins it he will stay forever or end up in the NFL or Big 10 job or Notre Dame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Drama??? ok....
    If you are so sensitive and scared that you can't talk about your football program in a realistic light you may want to back up. Maybe take up watching golf, knitting, take a swim class. Chill, man.

If he does stay (which I think he will because of ALL of the reasons I listed in the last thread) we will win 10 games next season, close out 2 great recruiting classes, and probably win an SEC Championship in the next 3-4 years.

I read it dawgology. Several times, thus my reading comprehension is fine. I say drama because inevitably we get upset as a fan base when outside sources run with the narrative of "Mullen to...". Yes, I know we all agree that he's going to stay, but why even put it up as a post about a hypothetical?

It's cyclical in nature with some of our fans to speculate every year around this time. Then when the media starts running it, we get upset. I'm suggesting we do the opposite. Think about the future with Mullen. No sensitivity here brother. Running gunshots through the streets of Jackson sort of toughens you up

vCash
    I read it dawgology. Several times, thus my reading comprehension is fine. I say drama because inevitably we get upset as a fan base when outside sources run with the narrative of "Mullen to...". Yes, I know we all agree that he's going to stay, but why even put it up as a post about a hypothetical?

It's cyclical in nature with some of our fans to speculate every year around this time. Then when the media starts running it, we get upset. I'm suggesting we do the opposite. Think about the future with Mullen. No sensitivity here brother. Running gunshots through the streets of Jackson sort of toughens you up
    Since I have to spell it out. My intent wasn't start drama but to start a discussion about where our program is and why we shouldn't be worried. We often get upset about media types saying this because it is (most often) done in a passive type of disrespect by the media insinuating that this program is not good enough. This whips our fans into a frenzy and the media folks eat it up. When we (as a fan base) realize that we now have an attractive program that a good coach WANTS to work in then, I think, we beat the media narrative. Whether this is Mullen or the next great MSU football coach.

Most great programs (blue-bloods) don't WANT to lose their coach but they also don't melt if he's mentioned for another job. They simply go out and get another great coach because coaches WANT to come to that program. We are there now. We weren't before. Don't be scared of it.

vCash
    When Dan stays which I think he will...

We're going to start getting a lot more respect going into next year. I can see Fitz being mentioned as a darkhorse Heisman candidate.

I expect Dan and the rest of the staff to get raises regardless of what happens. I really think we are at the start of what might be the best five year run in my life given the way things are setting up- and possibly our best since the 40's even. And yes, I was around for the 1996-2000 run which I would consider the best in my life thus far.

vCash
    Drama??? ok....

Think your post is the 12 year old girl drama he?s talking about

vCash
    Drama??? ok....

It?s not that we can?t read your stupid post. Trust me, I?m very educated. It?s just that your post is extremely dumb and in a defeatist attitude. You might as well have posted ?What if we lose to Arkansas this weekend (I don?t think we will btw)?

vCash
    Since this is the let?s talk about what happens when Dan stays vs the media?s sycophant narrative year after year thread I?ll post this here:

Was listening to Mike and Mike the other morning discussing Dan?s future. Golic said Dan shouldn?t leave State, because he can win 9 games a year here and have a statue built of him. Whereas, if he were to go to UT and win 9 games a year but not get the extras, SEC Championship and National Championship games, he?d be fired.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    We desperately need to do something to the south endzone and also the pressbox area....we need new dressing rooms for MSU, our visiting dressing room area is nicer than our current. I would go with adding a lower level seating in south end zone and having that area be for students....new dressing room, jumbo tron, and Loft Condo's or hotel with party decks in South Endzone and Banquet facilities... at the very bottom of the south endzone a "club" are where the players would thru on the way to take the field, Similar to what the Dallas Cowboys have...

vCash
    When all this comes up about leaving, staying. I think about Bobby Bowden, he went to FSU when it was nothing in 1976 and built it and retired in 2009 or there about.. Why can't Dan be a Bobby Bowden?

vCash
    When Mullen stays we will keep winning and message board posters will keep finding something to bitch about.

vCash
    Everybody is bitching about the use of the word "drama" but nobody has mentioned that he used the word "llama" in a sentence? On a sports message board? That's got to be at least acknowledged.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    It?s not that we can?t read your stupid post. Trust me, I?m very educated. It?s just that your post is extremely dumb and in a defeatist attitude. You might as well have posted ?What if we lose to Arkansas this weekend (I don?t think we will btw)?
    You say you’re educated and then call my post defeatist. I suppose education may not include reading comprehension. No drama until I was passively called out.

Whatever. You’re right. Mullen will never leave ever. We shouldn’t even think it because it would destroy our football program forever. There, you happy now, Nancy?

vCash
    Since I have to spell it out. My intent wasn't start drama but to start a discussion about where our program is and why we shouldn't be worried. We often get upset about media types saying this because it is (most often) done in a passive type of disrespect by the media insinuating that this program is not good enough. This whips our fans into a frenzy and the media folks eat it up. When we (as a fan base) realize that we now have an attractive program that a good coach WANTS to work in then, I think, we beat the media narrative. Whether this is Mullen or the next great MSU football coach.

Most great programs (blue-bloods) don't WANT to lose their coach but they also don't melt if he's mentioned for another job. They simply go out and get another great coach because coaches WANT to come to that program. We are there now. We weren't before. Don't be scared of it.
    You're just a ****ing troll that tries to explain how they're not trolling while they're trolling.

vCash
    You say you’re educated and then call my post defeatist. I suppose education may not include reading comprehension. No drama until I was passively called out.

Whatever. You’re right. Mullen will never leave ever. We shouldn’t even think it because it would destroy our football program forever. There, you happy now, Nancy?
    I wasn't trying to passively call you out or necessarily saying your starting drama. I was referring to the concept behind the posts. They serve no purpose other then being hypotheticals.

Is it intriguing to speculate when our program is not on the rise? Yes, hell I was speculating the entire time during the Croom years. Once again, did not intentionally mean to say you're being dramatic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    You're just a ****ing troll that tries to explain how they're not trolling while they're trolling.
    Nope. Just trying to start a good discussion with my thread and actually showing all of the positives in our football program and how it’s not defined by one single person anymore. This is true for the whole program and it’s a real, tangible sign of growth.

vCash
    if he stayes... he better have the balls to go for it on 4 down in the 1st and 4th quarters.... if our QB or running back can't get a running start and get 3 yards the way we were blowing them off the line... then go get a coach who isn't scared to play to win instead of a coach playing not to lose... That cost us the game.... I hope he stays.. many more positives than negatives... but go for the win AT HOME....

vCash
    WHAT THE 17 IS THIS! I MEAN WHAT IN THE 17 IS THIS!

What is with you people around here. Can we quit with all the hypothetical I want to tell the future and know whether THE 17ing MAN is going to do for us in the future! GUESS WHAT!!!! HE IS GONNA COACH AS WELL AS HE KNOWS HOW AND HOPEFULLY THAT WILL GET US NEAR OR TO THE TOP! So get over it, the man said he likes where he is at, he got two good qbs here and one on the way, he got talent coming in the classes if they pan out enjoy this shit while you can!

HAILSTATE!!!!

vCash
    There’s a whole lotta text above to simply answer the OP with “double digit win seasons”...

Or perhaps I’m under thinking this...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17