Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if Mullen DOES leave? (he's not....this is just for discussion)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Damn ya'll people are already picking replacements, PLEEEEEEZEEE!
    Nope. I believe it's stated about a million times in this thread that none of us think he is leaving. But it would serve several of the more hypersensitive fans to realize that this football program is bigger than one man. I was a bulldog fan before Mullen and if he ever goes I will be a Bulldog fan after Mullen. The conversation is the excellent position he has put this program in going forward. In my 30 years of following MSU football we have never had this type of solid foundation built and we owe that to what Dan Mullen has done and continues to do here (against all odds).

I honestly believe he will be here for another 5-10 years (unless Ursinus comes after him hahahah). But it's interesting to look at where our football program is (finances, facilities, athletes) outside of the context of who is the coach. Trust me, this is what an AD does all of the time. Then measure that against the surrounding competition. When you do this (as it seems the media ISN'T doing) you realize that this is a lucrative job that would be highly desireable by MANY coaches. This is why I think Mullen stays for the long haul.

vCash
    This is just for fun. How many times has Dan looked around? I know he will be here next year unless FSU comes calling.