Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think Jimbo would be a fool not to got to A&M..

vCash

I think Jimbo would be a fool not to got to A&M..

Up Side:
    1. His clock starts over.
    2. Texas is loaded with good high school guys like Florida.
    3. Not as high pressure. Kind of like Miss State. Not fire happy. Coach friendly enviroment.
    4. Probably better over all facilities

Down Side:
    1. Your in Texas and not Florida however his part of Florida is like living in Alabama.
    2. Crazy ass cult like Traditional
    3. Face the SEC west every year.

Feel free to add.

vCash
    I'd prefer FSU not open up, tbh....

vCash
    The first time Jimbo as A&M's coach beats O in Tiger Stadium at night the howls and wails will be heard throughout the bayou.

vCash
    Mullen to ......FSU...

Banned
    vCash
    Texas A&M is a step down from FSU. Fisher has already won a natty with FSU in 2013. Does he hate Florida State fans/boosters/athleticdept or something??

Banned
    vCash
    IF they fire Sumlin, aTm is going to hire Chad Morris.

I see zero reason for Fisher to leave the ACC and go to the SECW. If he wants out of FSU, he should go to Tennessee. If he didn't go to LSU he's not going to aTm.

vCash
    A&M is nowhere close to FSU. And Jimbo is just jockeying for more money etc. He's not leaving FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Up Side:
    3. Not as high pressure. Kind of like Miss State. Not fire happy. Coach friendly enviroment.

Down Side:
    1. Your in Texas and not Florida however his part of Florida is like living in Alabama.

Feel free to add.
    Maybe A&M is slightly less of a pressure cooker than FSU, but not by much. Sumlin would likely already have been gone before this year except for a stiff buyout.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'd prefer FSU not open up, tbh....
    If Mullen ever leaves us we are hiring Art Briles and Hugh Freeze. We are going total dark side. Nobody will ever want our coaches but we are going to beat the shit outta everyone with them. I am serious. We will help some kids too, save some careers, prevent sex assault and heal cancer ok so nobody kill me. I have an idea. Don't spoil it with your loser arguing**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    If Mullen ever leaves us we are hiring Art Briles and Hugh Freeze. We are going total dark side. Nobody will ever want our coaches but we are going to beat the shit outta everyone with them. I am serious. We will help some kids too, save some careers, prevent sex assault and heal cancer ok so nobody kill me. I have an idea. Don't spoil it with your loser arguing**
    That’s not even a funny joke.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    A&M is nowhere close to FSU. And Jimbo is just jockeying for more money etc. He's not leaving FSU.
    I agree with this. He would be a fool to leave FSU for aTm. FSU recruits better than aTm and has an easier path to the conference championship and NC game.

vCash
    I think Jimbo is just trying to create leverage for a new facility or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think Jimbo is just trying to create leverage for a new facility or something.
    That's probably it.

vCash
    Jimbo just wants to be shown some love, not the Hugh Freeze kind, but the Jerry Maguire kind.

vCash
    If Jimbo wanted out of FSU, it seems like he would have put word out last year, so that LSU would keep Miles until year end. Then in the off season, go to LSU. Definitely harder to win a NC in SECw than at FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    That’s not even a funny joke.
    But it would work

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    But it would work
    Yup and nobody would ever try to poach our coaches. We'd use the opportunity to do some real good too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Up Side:

Down Side:

Feel free to add.
    His current contract has five years to run and gets automatically extended up to two times if he wins nine games in a season. He has job security and a buyout that would embarrass Urban Meyer.

Texas has a lot more P5 schools and is Oklahoma's primary recruiting ground.

He has already won a National Championship at FSU. Before the season, the AD at A&M said they would fire a coach who had averaged over 8 wins a season if he did not do better than that this year. How is that less pressure.

FSU has the best facilities in the state of Florida: no competition.

This is just a money play; he would be a fool to go to A&M.

vCash
    Texas A&M is a step down from FSU. Fisher has already won a natty with FSU in 2013. Does he hate Florida State fans/boosters/athleticdept or something??
    You may be right, but if asked, I would say A&M is higher in the pecking order than FSU. The schools are about the same size, A&M probably has better academics, and the stadium exceeds FSU's by 25-30K. Of course, I remember FSU the way it was back in the 60s and 70s when they were everybody's homecoming team before Bobby Bowden showed up.