Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Experience Ever

vCash

Best Experience Ever

Dawg fans:

I registered on here and created a profile so that I could ask about game day must do's as I was coming to Starkville to watch my beloved cougs.

Wow, did you guys deliver. I took all of your suggestions, and they were A+.

We started our morning by going down to the Starkville Cafe. Our timing was perfect, as we got the last table, and the line behind us got long really quick. We were decked out in Royal Blue, so we were hard to miss. The manager made a joke about only having biscuits and bologna for breakfast, from last week. Then he welcomed us to Starkville. The grits were delicious and there was a steady stream of State fans making their way to our table throughout to welcome us to Starkville. Anybody who had been to Provo the previous year said so, and complimented us on the lovely mountains in Utah.

Then we made our way to The Lodge to find a Bully Bell, as I had long known about this unique piece of college football memorabilia. Found a good one for a good price in a store that had more maroon than I would have thought was physically possible. Again, we were repeatedly welcomed to Starkville and encouraged to "buy somethin' Maroon!"

Then we made our way to the tailgate scene. Um, I've never seen anything like that. They don't do that out west ... anywhere. I was repeatedly told "this is nuthin', you should see it when there's an afternoon game!" I honestly can't believe how many people and tents were out there. I also was repeatedly shocked by how many women were dressed up like they were headed to a 5 star restaurant or something.

Then came that travesty of a football game. Not much to say about that garbage on the field, but your fans were so polite and friendly and taught us proper etiquette for ringing the bell (stop when the center is over the ball) which also blew me away that your whole stadium instantaneously stopped ringing those bells. They gave us free ice-cream (I forget the name now, but it was the brand y'all recommended).

Then we made our way to the Veranda for dinner, and just beat the crowd again. The shrimp and grits was one of the best meals I've ever had, and again, State fans routinely made their way to our table to thank us for coming to Starkville and share stories of visiting Provo when applicable.

Honestly, I had high expectations and the trip exceeded them in every way. Y'all are AWESOME. I've been cheering you on ever since, and all through that game against Alabama I was yelling "Hail State!" at every first down.

vCash
    I'm glad you had a great time! I was sitting behind some BYU fans and they had bought some cowbells and put BYU logos on them.

vCash
    Thank you for your kind words. It’s nice to know that our fans can be pleasant unlike most of our SEC brethren.

Glad you enjoyed Starkville. Now you see why Mullen would be crazy to leave. Go preach that gospel to nonbelievers who think he is looking for the first opportunity out of town.

Blessings to your Cougars anytime they are not playing us. There will be better days ahead.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks for giving us a report of your visit. Glad you enjoyed it!

vCash
    Thanks for your kind words! Glad you enjoyed your trip to OUR wonderful State and University! We are a hidden jewel with some of the finest folks in the world(and a dang good football team). I keep up with BYU as I?m LDS. Good luck to the Cougs in the future. Come back and visit us again and make sure you let everyone how much you enjoyed your stay with us!

ETA You should really come to a night game if you wanna get the full Davis-Wade effect.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 11-15-2017 at 01:10 AM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Night SEC game. Matter of fact, check out the Junction live cam on Thanksgiving Day. Should be packed.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Awesomeness. Thanks for sharing.

BTW Utah in the winter is one of the prettiest places in the world.

vCash
    Thank you, ya'll come back anytime.

vCash
    Great! It's an experience unlike any other. A hidden gem.

vCash
    I hope you watched the MSU v Alabama game to see what a night crowd is like. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

vCash
    Man it feels good reading stuff like this. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience. In today's world, giving out compliments doesn't happen often enough - we usually just complain when things go wrong. And it's amazing what our gameday experience has become!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    Man it feels good reading stuff like this. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience. In today's world, giving out compliments doesn't happen often enough - we usually just complain when things go wrong. And it's amazing what our gameday experience has become!!
    It really is. Even in my wildest dreams I never thought we'd have the atmosphere we have now. I went to UGA for the game over there, and I'm telling you, our crowd Saturday night was as every bit as electric as theirs was, if not moreso. The 4th quarter playing of Don't Stop Believin' was the best one we've had yet. We legitimately have one of the most electric, hostile home environments in college football. Makes me damn proud to be a State fan.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    It really is. Even in my wildest dreams I never thought we'd have the atmosphere we have now. I went to UGA for the game over there, and I'm telling you, our crowd Saturday night was as every bit as electric as theirs was, if not moreso. The 4th quarter playing of Don't Stop Believin' was the best one we've had yet. We legitimately have one of the most electric, hostile home environments in college football. Makes me damn proud to be a State fan.
    +1000

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BYUfan View Post
    Dawg fans:

I registered on here and created a profile so that I could ask about game day must do's as I was coming to Starkville to watch my beloved cougs.

Wow, did you guys deliver. I took all of your suggestions, and they were A+.

We started our morning by going down to the Starkville Cafe. Our timing was perfect, as we got the last table, and the line behind us got long really quick. We were decked out in Royal Blue, so we were hard to miss. The manager made a joke about only having biscuits and bologna for breakfast, from last week. Then he welcomed us to Starkville. The grits were delicious and there was a steady stream of State fans making their way to our table throughout to welcome us to Starkville. Anybody who had been to Provo the previous year said so, and complimented us on the lovely mountains in Utah.

Then we made our way to The Lodge to find a Bully Bell, as I had long known about this unique piece of college football memorabilia. Found a good one for a good price in a store that had more maroon than I would have thought was physically possible. Again, we were repeatedly welcomed to Starkville and encouraged to "buy somethin' Maroon!"

Then we made our way to the tailgate scene. Um, I've never seen anything like that. They don't do that out west ... anywhere. I was repeatedly told "this is nuthin', you should see it when there's an afternoon game!" I honestly can't believe how many people and tents were out there. I also was repeatedly shocked by how many women were dressed up like they were headed to a 5 star restaurant or something.

Then came that travesty of a football game. Not much to say about that garbage on the field, but your fans were so polite and friendly and taught us proper etiquette for ringing the bell (stop when the center is over the ball) which also blew me away that your whole stadium instantaneously stopped ringing those bells. They gave us free ice-cream (I forget the name now, but it was the brand y'all recommended).

Then we made our way to the Veranda for dinner, and just beat the crowd again. The shrimp and grits was one of the best meals I've ever had, and again, State fans routinely made their way to our table to thank us for coming to Starkville and share stories of visiting Provo when applicable.

Honestly, I had high expectations and the trip exceeded them in every way. Y'all are AWESOME. I've been cheering you on ever since, and all through that game against Alabama I was yelling "Hail State!" at every first down.
    my Son probably cooked your meal at the Veranda. glad you enjoyed it.

vCash
    Great report, thank you!

vCash
    Glad you had a great time! I hate you didn?t get to experience our place full on game day. I hate that was an 11 AM kickoff.

vCash
    Thanks for the positive report. I'm glad you had a good experience. People are usually pleasantly surprised when they come to one of our games. All the BYU fans that I encountered were great people and fun to visit with. A few stopped at our tent and visited but none stayed long because they were trying to see as much of campus as they could. I wish it wasn't an 11:00 kickoff so we could have visited with more of the BYU fans. I hope to get to Provo one day because I have heard that it is beautiful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Thanks for the positive report. I'm glad you had a good experience. People are usually pleasantly surprised when they come to one of our games. All the BYU fans that I encountered were great people and fun to visit with. A few stopped at our tent and visited but none stayed long because they were trying to see as much of campus as they could. I wish it wasn't an 11:00 kickoff so we could have visited with more of the BYU fans. I hope to get to Provo one day because I have heard that it is beautiful.
    I went to Provo last season and they allowed cowbells in their stadium and gave free Ice Cream to the visitors.

vCash
    I will 100% be making a return visit, with or without my cougs. My sister lives in Gulf Shores, Alabama. This was my first trip out there, but I enjoyed it so much that my brother-in-law and I decided we’ll pick an SEC conference game every year to go to.

He’s an LSU fan, but happy to watch any of them play. I already kind of had the Egg Bowl on my list. I left out the part where we also stopped in Scooba, because I am a huge fan of Last Chance U. Anyway, I’ll be back for sure. Starkville is my kind of place.

vCash
    Glad you enjoyed your visit! I was at the BYU game, you guys would have really been blown away by this past Saturday's game vs Bama! That was the loudest I've ever heard it!
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!