Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Times have changed...

vCash
    Since Mullen and Hevesay have obviously listened to the complaints of ED posters and made changes**, could we complain about the lack of a Natl Championship?!? I'm getting a little long in the tooth and would like to see one at State!

vCash
    Back to the topic.....

Can you imagine the love if we would have won?!?!? Fitz for heisman (next year) Mullen is the new alpha dog in the sec etc etc. so close but....have a moral victory.

vCash
    I made this comment on one of our message boards months ago and caught flack for it. But, I met a former State d-lineman and was talking to him about the team. The one coach he called out as being a great coach was hevesy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Here is the biggest misconception on the board. Hev doesn?t just recruit OL. Each coach has an area they focus on. Looney could recruit TE OL or Wr or any position. OL coach and OL recruiting are not mutually exclusive.
    It's not a misconception. Most everyone understands that the coaches primarily recruit a geographic region.....but when it comes down to it, a recruit's position coach is going to be a major factor in their final decision and a lot of people feel like OL recruits don't want to play for Hevesy. I think that has definitely been part of the problem, but I think a bigger part of the problem is that MS just doesn't seem to produce very many high quality OL.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    MSU getting some serious love tonight during the Playoff unveiling by Herbstreet and Booger. They are tossing our name around and Fitz's name around like we are the new LSU. Respect is finally getting shown. Our offensive line dominating Alabama hasn't gone unnoticed. Congrats Hevesy and Mullen on that. That is an amazing accomplishment considering all the shit Hevesy has had to eat the last five years.
    Good time to be a Bulldog fan. The future is bright!
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    It's not a misconception. Most everyone understands that the coaches primarily recruit a geographic region.....but when it comes down to it, a recruit's position coach is going to be a major factor in their final decision and a lot of people feel like OL recruits don't want to play for Hevesy. I think that has definitely been part of the problem, but I think a bigger part of the problem is that MS just doesn't seem to produce very many high quality OL.
    That goes back to high school coaching. Obvious Miss has the talent to produce high quality lineman but just don't. Alot of guys don't even become O Lineman until high school and some guys who are lineman in middle school play another position. I say that because physical growth is different between guys. I am thinking Mullen and Hev recruit based on what they think they can developed out of a guy. Sometimes it pans out and sometimes it doesn't. I have talked to Brad Peterson about this and he has said what you get out of a guy in the 9th grade may be totally different then what you get out of him in the 12th grade. Some get better and some don't improve at all. You can be a super running back in the 7th grade but be average in the 9th grade.