Thread: OT-Memphis Restaurant Advice Needed

vCash

OT-Memphis Restaurant Advice Needed

Staying at the Memphis Hilton this weekend and wanted advise on restaurants in the area. Something fancy for the wife. I prefer a good steak. She will probably eat some sort of seafood. Any suggestions from locals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphadog View Post
    Staying at the Memphis Hilton this weekend and wanted advise on restaurants in the area. Something fancy for the wife. I prefer a good steak. She will probably eat some sort of seafood. Any suggestions from locals?
    Buckleys Steakhouse is the best in Memphis. You may hear others but its not even close. If you want some atmosphere and a fun place for Cajun Seafood, The Bayou in midtown is a very fun place!! Sports bar atmosphere but GREAT food and fun place.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    If you're at the Hilton you have Folks Folly in that area. Pretty good steak house. Erling Jensen not too far either. Then there's a Capital Grill, Seasons 52, and Ruth's Chris all right there too if you don't mind a non local place

vCash
    Flight downtown is my favorite restaurant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    If you're at the Hilton you have Folks Folly in that area. Pretty good steak house. Erling Jensen not too far either. Then there's a Capital Grill, Seasons 52, and Ruth's Chris all right there too if you don't mind a non local place
    I was looking online at all of these. We've eaten at Ruth's Chris many times but none of the others. Which is the best in your opinion?

vCash
    Flight is possibly the best restaurant I’ve ever been to.

vCash
    Flight

vCash
    Flight

vCash
    If you like steak The Butchers Shop is great. Houstons is good too.

vCash
    Southern Social in Germantown

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I would go to the ButcherShop or Flight. Matter of fact I would go to flight. Had the Red Meat flight of steaks their. Included bone in Ribeye, Bison, and a Filet. Had a flight of scotch. And finished it off with a desert flight. It was a good meal.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Flight downtown is my favorite restaurant.
    I concur. I have only been there once, but it was awesome.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    In that area if you don't mind a chain, the Capitol Grille is as good and consistent as anything in America. I would go here if you are going to do a non-local option. If you want a close and local steak house, Folks Folly is the local staple.

The best restaurant in Memphis in my opinion is Andrew Michael Kitchen. It can be tough to get reservations this close though. It's classic Italian with a touch of southern American inspiration. Acre would be my next choice. Erling Jensen is French, and it is intimate, but it's never impressed me.

Going further out, Iris is amazing, but again you might have the trouble with reservations. If you want to go all the way downtown, I agree Flight is a great option.

Buckley's and the Butcher Shop have fine steaks, but they probably aren't what your wife is looking for.

vCash
    I was looking online at all of these. We've eaten at Ruth's Chris many times but none of the others. Which is the best in your opinion?
    Folks Folly is LEGIT

vCash
    Out of those, go to Folks Folly if you're looking for a steak. I second everyone on here who says Flight is the best in Memphis though. About a 25 min drive on 240 from the Hilton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAWG8 View Post
    Southern Social in Germantown
    Really like Southern Social. Ate there this past July for the first time. Excellent.

vCash
    Downtown:

Flight, McEwens, Rendezvous, Felicia Suzannes, Itta Bena, Automatic Slims

Midtown:

Beauty Shop, Kwik Chek (get the Bi Bim Bap), Iris, Sweet Grass, Alchemy, Bari

Close to Hilton:

Hog & Hominy, Andrew Michael, Folks Folly, Owen Brennan, Seasons 52,

vCash
    Well according to OM fans on Twitter Oxford is a suburb of Memphis, and since Oxford is the greatest place to go and eat just hit the square.

vCash
    Butcher Block for a steak..

vCash
    If you want fancy, Erling Jensen's in sort of the midtown/east memphis border is the best restaurant in the city and it's not close. A distant second would be Folk's Folly.