Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas fans are in a bad state of mind rihgt now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    For like 5 plays. Tyler was hurt and gutted it out all day.
    Tyler was a warrior that day but he also left mid-4th quarter. Williams led us on a drive to win the game (we missed a 40 yard FG, of course), and then won the game in OT on a QB run.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I would imagine they are still butt hurt about R. Perry as well. Some idiots were tweeting him the day he signed saying " I hope it was your decision and not your parents"...WTF is wrong with people? Twitter is out of control allowing dumbass lunatic fringe fans access to prospective and current student athletes. Shame
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I would imagine they are still butt hurt about R. Perry as well. Some idiots were tweeting him the day he signed saying " I hope it was your decision and not your parents"...WTF is wrong with people? Twitter is out of control allowing dumbass lunatic fringe fans access to prospective and current student athletes. Shame
    There will always be those fans but can't be too upset, finished with the 9th best class even without him according to rivals.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    There will always be those fans but can't be too upset, finished with the 9th best class even without him according to rivals.
    Rivals? Really. They are a joke. That 9 looks like an 11 to me and I see it took 6 commits. NICE!

vCash
    $5 tickets available on StubHub

vCash
    We aren't losing either of our next two games unless Dan decides to throw every running play out of the playbook. We may have 700 yards rushing between the two games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Tyler was a warrior that day but he also left mid-4th quarter. Williams led us on a drive to win the game (we missed a 40 yard FG, of course), and then won the game in OT on a QB run.
    Going to that game is a great memory. The State section was right in the SW corner on that end of the stadium. Williams ran it in from 25 yards out on the first play of OT! War Memorial in LR is an underrated venue. The game was late in the year so the trees are all in full autumn regalia. You park your vehicles in the huge park around the stadium. I managed to sneak my cowbell in but they were taking them from people in their seats so I didn't break it out until the end. It's funny because there were about a hundred that all came out at the end for celebration!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    My memory of that venue is less pleasant. 2007 when McFadden and company beat us. We had a 300+ pound, red head female razorback sitting behind us and barked at us the entire game. She was straight out of the Deliverance. When we walked out of the stadium there was a huge brawl between Arkansas fans. Cops everywhere, pepper spray, people breaking beer bottles over others heads. Me, my buddy that weighed 130 soaking wet and the 4 girls that were with us grouped up with a dozen other state fans and made our way through the chaos. Watched a 70 year old state couple get knocked on the ground. We scooped them up with us and helped them out of the war zone. Arkansas fans were throwing food at us the whole way out. Nothing but trash and I'll never spend another dime attending a game there.

vCash
    This game scares me. We *should* win, but we're going to be flat as hell after this past Saturday night. We poured every ounce of emotion into that game. The only thing in our favor is the game is at 11. The players don't have to sit around all day waiting for the game to start and the crowd shouldn't be as big. Hopefully once the hitting starts, we'll get a little amped up. But make no mistake, it's going to be ugly. I HATE having to play Arkansas between Bama & Northern Miss. It's the ultimate trap game for us.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    We keep thinking the team is going to be flat and that might happen, but based on my twitter feed I get the impression that our guys are pissed and/or frustrated from last week?s loss. If we are looking to take out some agression and frustration this might actually turn out to be an epic beat down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    We keep thinking the team is going to be flat and that might happen, but based on my twitter feed I get the impression that our guys are pissed and/or frustrated from last week?s loss. If we are looking to take out some agression and frustration this might actually turn out to be an epic beat down.
    That?s the feeling I get too. They are pissed off, not down at all. We will find out Saturday. I think we come out and use the bama game as motivation to finish the year strong and whip our next 3 opponents. That will tell me we are taking the next step.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dental Dawg33 View Post
    We aren't losing either of our next two games unless Dan decides to throw every running play out of the playbook. We may have 700 yards rushing between the two games
    I really thinking he is saving some special plays for Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    That?s the feeling I get too. They are pissed off, not down at all. We will find out Saturday. I think we come out and use the bama game as motivation to finish the year strong and whip our next 3 opponents. That will tell me we are taking the next step.
    There are a lot of mental involved with 18 to 29 year old and that Bama lose will probably be a factor but going on the road and having a early start could help get their minds right. That change of way of doing things could help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I kinda get that feeling too. I think we been building to a STATEment game against the bears or sharks or whatever they are now. Its just a gut feeling but I believe we will play our best, most complete game Thanksgiving Night.

vCash
    Why? We ought to be able to line it up and run it right at them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dental Dawg33 View Post
    My memory of that venue is less pleasant. 2007 when McFadden and company beat us. We had a 300+ pound, red head female razorback sitting behind us and barked at us the entire game. She was straight out of the Deliverance. When we walked out of the stadium there was a huge brawl between Arkansas fans. Cops everywhere, pepper spray, people breaking beer bottles over others heads. Me, my buddy that weighed 130 soaking wet and the 4 girls that were with us grouped up with a dozen other state fans and made our way through the chaos. Watched a 70 year old state couple get knocked on the ground. We scooped them up with us and helped them out of the war zone. Arkansas fans were throwing food at us the whole way out. Nothing but trash and I'll never spend another dime attending a game there.
    Mine is even less pleasant. It was the 11-11 game back in the 90s. That might be THE worst football game I have ever been at on any level....and that?s saying a LOT. Both teams tried to out sorry each other and neither could do it. To top it off a MSU fan sitting behind us had a serious stroke in the stands.

vCash
    Remember the talk around here a month ago that Key Thompson was lining up as a WR on some plays in practice? (Gray being hurt may have put this play on the back burner.)

And I'd love to see another Jamal Peters sweep.

And I'd really love to see Leo lined up as a RB for a td on a goal line play.

vCash
    have we only beat them once at Fayetteville? I think Leo and Simmons will not let the defense sink into a funk. They are still mad about Bama. Hope our OL comes out pumped up about all the good press they have been getting.This is a true trap game.

vCash
    Just depends on the mindset of 18-22 year olds haha. I think we win but it will be a close game in the 1st half, think we pull away late.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Mine is even less pleasant. It was the 11-11 game back in the 90s. That might be THE worst football game I have ever been at on any level....and that?s saying a LOT. Both teams tried to out sorry each other and neither could do it. To top it off a MSU fan sitting behind us had a serious stroke in the stands.
    I was at that game. 1993. 13-13 tie. Jordan was the QB and got hurt. Taite, freshman, came in and we couldn't do anything on offense. That's about I remember of the game.

I've been to war memorial for lots of our games. The LR crowd is mostly sidewalk alums. War memorial is an out dated venue but you are right on top of the field. Not a bad seat in there.