Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas fans are in a bad state of mind rihgt now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Arkansas fans are in a bad state of mind rihgt now

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=647437.0

Took a look over on their largest fan forum, one which is known to have posters similar in intelligence and intensity to The Spirit. One guy, the OP, was attempting to find a way in which a beleaguered Hawg squad could possibly hope to match up with the us, and every other poster proceeds to take a massive dump on him. It reminds me of the Croom days over there. Glad I am not one of them.

vCash
    Wow, I almost feel bad for them. Almost lol

vCash
    Yes, we should win big. HOWEVER, this is a SEC West road game against a team with nothing to lose. We cannot just show up and expect to the pigs to roll over. I do think they will pack it up if we get up early maybe 14-0, 21-0. If we bring the same intensity as the bama game, it'll be over by halftime.

vCash
    Miss state can come out flat as a 5 year old girl, and i still wouldn't like the hogs chances of playing good for 4 quarters. A half, sure, but not a whole game.
    That made me laugh.

They have been very inconsistent. Auburn and Georgia embarrassed them. They beat UMass at home by 11. Coastal Carolina beat UMass by 10. The only good road game Mississippi State has played was a win over A&M where Aggie QBs threw 3INTs.

Arkansas hasn’t played well since A&M, which is the last time AA was healthy and set as starter. He now returns home for his last two games. Fitzgerald is good. So is Mississippi State. But intangibles come into play in college football far more than some realize. This is a game Arkansas can win and I hope there is a good crowd there to support the players.
    Bless his little hog heart. He's searching for that silver lining.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    It is so ignorant to compare teams based on the scores of common opponents. I think I need to add this to my list on Dawg61's thread.

vCash
    I liked this one:

"If Mullen is leaving for Florida or Tennessee, he probably knows it already, and his players may sense it, too."

Yeah they really showed they sensed in that awful performance against bama, you could tell their minds were on Dan leaving*****

vCash
    Wait, they used Coastal Carolina win over UMass to help their point? The same Coastal Carolina that nearly beat Ark in Ark?

vCash
    Y'all cuss me if you want..... I don't feel good about it. I see a UMass type game coming...where they are with in a score in the last quarter and in possession of the ball. I hope I'm wrong but they were terrible in 2013 too and we went to OT with them. We would have lost if Nickoe Whitley doesn't strip that ball inside the 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Y'all cuss me if you want..... I don't feel good about it. I see a UMass type game coming...where they are with in a score in the last quarter and in possession of the ball. I hope I'm wrong but they were terrible in 2013 too and we went to OT with them.
    We were 4-6 and WITHOUT Dak and a heavily banged up Tyler at QB that couldn't finish the game.

vCash
    I couldn't remember if Russell was healthy but i remember he was taken out. Also I remember Perkins got hurt too early in that game.

We may beat the stink of Tusks but.... I've seen us play over there too many times.

One thing is for sure, 11am kick, that lsu beating, it will be a neutral environment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    We were 4-6 and WITHOUT Dak and a heavily banged up Tyler at QB that couldn't finish the game.
    How quickly we forget. Dam Williams was our QB that day and we won anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Ironically in part because of a good block by Josh Robinson of all people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Ironically in part because of a good block by Josh Robinson of all people.
    Well of course it was, it only took him 2 years to learn how right?

vCash
    Y'all cuss me if you want..... I don't feel good about it. I see a UMass type game coming...where they are with in a score in the last quarter and in possession of the ball. I hope I'm wrong but they were terrible in 2013 too and we went to OT with them. We would have lost if Nickoe Whitley doesn't strip that ball inside the 5.
    If we go there and still win by 10+ like we did against UMass I won't complain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If we go there and still win by 10+ like we did against UMass I won't complain.
    Exactly! Any SEC win especially on the road is a great win no matter what the score is.

vCash
    I don't feel good about it either. We're coming off a tough game, and I doubt if we will be as up for Arkansas as we were for Alabama. I remember they beat us pretty bad last year. We should win but I just hope we don't take them lightly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I don't feel good about it either. We're coming off a tough game, and I doubt if we will be as up for Arkansas as we were for Alabama. I remember they beat us pretty bad last year. We should win but I just hope we don't take them lightly.
    That was last year with Peter Sirmon as our DC. And we hung a ton of points on them. I think we're going to be fine.

vCash
    For like 5 plays. Tyler was hurt and gutted it out all day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    For like 5 plays. Tyler was hurt and gutted it out all day.
    Tyler was a warrior that day but he also left mid-4th quarter. Williams led us on a drive to win the game (we missed a 40 yard FG, of course), and then won the game in OT on a QB run.

vCash
    Tyler was a warrior that day but he also left mid-4th quarter. Williams led us on a drive to win the game (we missed a 40 yard FG, of course), and then won the game in OT on a QB run.
    Going to that game is a great memory. The State section was right in the SW corner on that end of the stadium. Williams ran it in from 25 yards out on the first play of OT! War Memorial in LR is an underrated venue. The game was late in the year so the trees are all in full autumn regalia. You park your vehicles in the huge park around the stadium. I managed to sneak my cowbell in but they were taking them from people in their seats so I didn't break it out until the end. It's funny because there were about a hundred that all came out at the end for celebration!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!