Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowbells and UM's talking points

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Cowbells and UM's talking points

So in the last few days, since the final whistle of the Bama game, I have seen multiple mentions about our cowbells and them being used as a weapon. In 17 years of being part of the MSU family, I have never seen a cowbell be anything other than our fanbases tradition. I have never seen it used in any manner coming close to a weapon. On top of that, our fan base has used the cowbell almost flawlessly during the game since the new rule has been in place.

So, please everyone remember the cowbell's purpose and do not give a single UM fan the satisfaction of having a "see a weapon" moment on Thanksgiving.

Also, we need to establish a basic rule about cowbells after the snap. I think we should ring them after the snap only on pass plays. Giving the d a heads up on what is happening in the backfield. It could be used as a signal to the players. Just an idea.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Their seating area can be their safe space?*

vCash
    Wonder why it's only OM people talking about weaponized cowbells? Surely if we use them to put thousands of OM fans in the ER over the years then we must have done the same to other fanbases.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    Wonder why it's only OM people talking about weaponized cowbells? Surely if we use them to put thousands of OM fans in the ER over the years then we must have done the same to other fanbases.
    Because they're probably planning to stage some type of fake attack. They're that damn crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Because they're probably planning to stage some type of fake attack. They're that damn crazy.
    If they do that... how pathetic and diabolical would that be? To physically harm some other innocent Ole Miss fan to try to get rid of the bells. That would be such an Ole Miss thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    So in the last few days, since the final whistle of the Bama game, I have seen multiple mentions about our cowbells and them being used as a weapon. In 17 years of being part of the MSU family, I have never seen a cowbell be anything other than our fanbases tradition. I have never seen it used in any manner coming close to a weapon. On top of that, our fan base has used the cowbell almost flawlessly during the game since the new rule has been in place.

So, please everyone remember the cowbell's purpose and do not give a single UM fan the satisfaction of having a "see a weapon" moment on Thanksgiving.

Also, we need to establish a basic rule about cowbells after the snap. I think we should ring them after the snap only on pass plays. Giving the d a heads up on what is happening in the backfield. It could be used as a signal to the players. Just an idea.
    That's a GREAT IDEA that somebody who can needs to make happen!!!!!!
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 11-14-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    How long until Godfrey pens an article about the Co-Lin connection conspiracy theory?

vCash
    Everybody remember to pull out the cell phones if you see something like this happening.

vCash

I don't trust y'all on RPOs (kinda **)

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    17 those shitbirds. After we drag their ass all over the field they?re going to think we used cowbells to do it.

Let?s hang 60 on them Dan.

vCash
    Every year that we beat those bastards in Starkville... there is some BS story that surfaces after the game. The story is always the hooligans in Starkganistan beating someone's wheelchair bound grandma. The hooligans were carrying cowbells and danced the dawg pound rock before they run off into the night with her wheelchair and oxygen tank.

Same ole story. Rinse and repeat.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    How long until Godfrey pens an article about the Co-Lin connection conspiracy theory?
    I laughed out loud at your signature!!! Nice!
    No Signature

vCash

Maybe they need to rethink that one and change the weapon to beer bottles, when they play LSU at Tiger Stadium.

vCash
    I have never seen anyone hit with a cowbell but I did see a girl get taken out of Vaught Hemmingway after an Ole Miss fan threw a whiskey bottle into the visitors section and it hit her in the head.

vCash
    I've smacked a couple of 'em.

vCash
    I've seen one used to dent the metal bleachers in the student section during our romp and tumble of the 3-2 auburn thriller...

vCash
    I wouldn't need my cowbell to whip some drunk unm fans butt.

vCash
    That account on twitter is hilarious. He actually tweeted at john cohen with this garbage

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Can we come to a concensus on how to use the cowbell to help our defense know what is going on in the backfield.

We could ring when the QB runs the ball.
    We could ring when the QB has the ball in the pocket.
    We could ring when it's a running play.

Either way, right now it doesn't seem to have a reason, just ringing.
    Downvotes_Hype

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Just remember back when I compared them and their actions, to a certain type of ideology, political party a few months back. The same group Who burns down a churches/mosques or writes certain racial slogans (Air Force Academy) in an attempt to paint their opposition on a bad light. Let?s also look at trial lawyers and their historical political affiliations. Once you understand just a few of these pieces to their shit puzzle, every action they partake in, every cocaine laden post from Fancy, and every other article of bullshit they spew begins to make sense.

Just like the political ideology they resemble, they have no actual successful substance to hang their hat on. They must rely on vilifying and discrediting those with which they oppose and/or disagree, to remain relevant or In power.

My how much different this nation and State would be if everyone could see this reality, through all the bullshit, distractions, and deflections.

The end!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Just remember back when I compared them and their actions, to a certain type of ideology, political party a few months back. The same group Who burns down a churches/mosques or writes certain racial slogans (Air Force Academy) in an attempt to paint their opposition on a bad light. Let?s also look at trial lawyers and their historical political affiliations. Once you understand just a few of these pieces to their shit puzzle, every action they partake in, every cocaine laden post from Fancy, and every other article of bullshit they spew begins to make sense.

Just like the political ideology they resemble, they have no actual successful substance to hang their hat on. They must rely on vilifying and discrediting those with which they oppose and/or disagree, to remain relevant or In power.

My how much different this nation and State would be if everyone could see this reality, through all the bullshit, distractions, and deflections.

The end!
    Yep, a vote for ole miss is a vote for republicans. Same crazy ideology & principles who actually got trump elected