Thread: OT: How can you get out on Scott Field?

vCash

OT: How can you get out on Scott Field?

My son would love to be able to walk out on the field, but I?m not sure who to ask to set that up. Anybody able to shed some light or know somebody that knows somebody?

vCash
    Have you tried Maroon Memories through MSU? I'm not sure what they all offer.

vCash
    Let him go to a football camp this summer.

vCash
    The Friday Night Lights locker room tour is cool. You get to walk down the ramp and out the tunnel. But the field will likely be freshly painted, so they won't let you on the grass.

vCash
    Maroon Memories is the way to go.

vCash
    Bolt Cutters and Bail Money.

It would wind up being an experience he would remember the rest of his life, sort of like a Johnny Cash moment.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Just make sure to not do it like this LSU fan:

https://www.google.com/amp/collegefo...r-stadium/amp/

vCash
    A few years ago Fan Day was on the field and I got to walk the field then (shoes off of course because...well I felt like I should). Now that they've moved that to the Palmeiro Center I don't know how, but may want to keep an eye open for them doing fan day or some other event like that on the field.

vCash
    If he is young enough to be Bully's Kids Club age, they let the kids who wear their kids club shirt line up for player run through at the spring game. (Or they did in 2016 when my oldest did it anyway).

vCash
    Joining the Famous Maroon Band worked for me!

Other than that, during the off-season or away weekends, I have just dropped by campus and walked up to the gate during the day. Sometimes there will be maintenance personnel around and you would be surprised what can happen when you ask nicely. My brother has walked into stadiums across the country during away weekends and during the offseason - out on the field. You never know.

If you want a guaranteed situation, though, probably Maroon Memories.

vCash
    I did midnight on the 50 yard line once.

vCash
    My son and I walked on the field about 4 summers ago. We were passing through Starkville and decided to drive through campus and see some sights. We stopped at Davis Wade and the gates were open, so we walked on the field and hung out for about 15-20 minutes.

vCash
    A gift around a million would do it! Plus you would be introduced along with your family sometime during a timeout!