Thread: SEC Basketball

Banned
    vCash

SEC Basketball

is the best we've ever seen it top to bottom. Currently 19-1 with the only loss coming last night from Vandy losing at Belmont while shooting like 29%. Several of the teams look top 10ish good. Florida, Texas A&M and Missouri being those. Arkansas, Auburn, Tennessee, Kentucky and Alabama look top 25ish good. Ole Miss, Georgia and South Carolina look top 40ish. That leaves MSU, Vandy and LSU to try to stay from being the three bottoms. I think the league is so deep that 9 teams could make the tourney this year or 9 will be deserving. We really need to figure out how to get the Hump rocking again. Only way we are going to have a shot to make the tourney is with a totally sold out Hump and never losing a game there. We have 9 SEC home games. We need all 9 to be sell outs. Can that get accomplished?

Home SEC games

1/2 vs Arkansas at 8pm
    1/13 vs Auburn at 2:30pm
    1/16 vs Vandy at 6pm
    1/27 vs Mizzou at 7:30pm
    2/3 vs UGA at 5pm
    2/6 vs Bama at 6pm
    2/17 vs Ole Miss at 7:30pm
    2/24 vs USCe at 2:30pm
    2/27 vs Tenn at 6:00pm

only chance we got is if we can somehow make the Hump the toughest place to play in the SEC. It can be done. We need to turn it into a place of fear for opponents. Dim the lights, raise the noise and pack it to the rafters for nine games. We have control over our home atmosphere. We are good enough to win all the OOC games (save Dayton maybe) without needing a packed Hump but the SEC is too nasty this year for us to win ANY games at home without a full house rocking as loud as possible. I hope we can accomplish nine sellouts this year in basketball. That is my expectations for this year. Not on wins or losses but on home SEC sellouts. 9-0 baby!!

vCash
    This is kind of early. Florida is a top 10 team because they beat Gardner Webb?

vCash
    Auburn is going to hit some rocks off the court in the next few weeks. Very possible their entire current staff is gone by conference play; not sure how successful they can be under those circumstances no matter how much talent they have.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    This is kind of early. Florida is a top 10 team because they beat Gardner Webb?
    Watch them play. They are very impressive and very deep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Auburn is going to hit some rocks off the court in the next few weeks. Very possible their entire current staff is gone by conference play; not sure how successful they can be under those circumstances no matter how much talent they have.
    Player Coach ***** going to possibly get very tough.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I hope we beat the crap out of Bama this year! They had our number last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    is the best we've ever seen it top to bottom. Currently 19-1 with the only loss coming last night from Vandy losing at Belmont while shooting like 29%. Several of the teams look top 10ish good. Florida, Texas A&M and Missouri being those. Arkansas, Auburn, Tennessee, Kentucky and Alabama look top 25ish good. Ole Miss, Georgia and South Carolina look top 40ish. That leaves MSU, Vandy and LSU to try to stay from being the three bottoms. I think the league is so deep that 9 teams could make the tourney this year or 9 will be deserving. We really need to figure out how to get the Hump rocking again. Only way we are going to have a shot to make the tourney is with a totally sold out Hump and never losing a game there. We have 9 SEC home games. We need all 9 to be sell outs. Can that get accomplished?

Home SEC games

1/2 vs Arkansas at 8pm
    1/13 vs Auburn at 2:30pm
    1/16 vs Vandy at 6pm
    1/27 vs Mizzou at 7:30pm
    2/3 vs UGA at 5pm
    2/6 vs Bama at 6pm
    2/17 vs Ole Miss at 7:30pm
    2/24 vs USCe at 2:30pm
    2/27 vs Tenn at 6:00pm

only chance we got is if we can somehow make the Hump the toughest place to play in the SEC. It can be done. We need to turn it into a place of fear for opponents. Dim the lights, raise the noise and pack it to the rafters for nine games. We have control over our home atmosphere. We are good enough to win all the OOC games (save Dayton maybe) without needing a packed Hump but the SEC is too nasty this year for us to win ANY games at home without a full house rocking as loud as possible. I hope we can accomplish nine sellouts this year in basketball. That is my expectations for this year. Not on wins or losses but on home SEC sellouts. 9-0 baby!!
    I don't know if we can get it done, but your preaching my message!

When it comes to football, it seems fashionable to call out the home crowd for not stepping up, but bring up basketball and you get the whiners, naysayers, belly achers and every excuse ever invented why they're not gonna show up...

The fans are the biggest variable in how the basketball team does this season!

YMMV

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    I don't know if we can get it done, but your preaching my message!

When it comes to football, it seems fashionable to call out the home crowd for not stepping up, but bring up basketball and you get the whiners, naysayers, belly achers and every excuse ever invented why they're not gonna show up...

The fans are the biggest variable in how the basketball team does this season!

YMMV
    Yup and really we just need the fans to fully show for 9 games. We should win all the OOC games at home with nobody in the building but the SEC games we really need the fans to give us an advantage. It's going to be so difficult to win on the road in the SEC that we really need to sweep all our home games. Only way we can do that is if we somehow start having a huge advantage with the home crowd.