Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on the Bama game and football program

vCash
    It's incredible how much this team has grown over the past few.weeks. They went into this game believing they could win and damn near did. I really think both the team and the coaches learned what they need to do next year against the top tier teams. Also I'm so glad we're back to an attacking defense. In the past even when our offense was anemic our D would lay you on your ass. Then somehow we started the bend don't break crap. I'll take Grantham's style of play with it's risks any day over what we've had.

vCash
    The Bama game proved one thing to me...we have the talent to compete on a elite level. Not necessarily enough to win a natty, that will come later, but enough to compete with every team in the top 25. MSU has always been a Jekyll and Hyde type team and it's time we saw ourselves as full time winners which is something Coach Mullen has been saying all along. That includes the administration, coaches, players and fans.

vCash
    Agree on Fitz. It was the first big game he didn't have happy feet. To me that's his issue with accuracy. Keep his feet straight and he can put the ball where he wants most of the time

vCash
    I'm excited for 2018 because of the added fact that (to kind of paraphrase CDM) no one has any idea what's about to take the field next season. Saturday nights game didn't change the perception of the 2017 MSU team. It changed the perception of the 2017 Alabama team and it's the same old BS. Reading some articles and comments on sports sites you would think the Tide just got their crap packed in by some Rudy poot.

I kind of laugh and think that maybe Dan mentioned wanting to win two championships is because the first one will be discounted with classic down year for the SEC or college football as a whole, whatever needs to be down for the narrative to work. Dan has to win two in order to get credit for the first one! I can see and hear it now, almost sort of a nationwide patronization at how cute it is that a down year came along at just the right time for Moo U. to get a little banner to hang.

I can hear a couple of certain media guys in my mind already downplaying an MSU SEC title and/or natty. And I'm speaking if ones with MSU degrees on the wall. I swear, if that happens I want the first MSU grad media guy that panders to the national media by crapping all over a hard won championship to be made a very public example of. I want their credentials pulled and to be called out by Keenum, Mullen, or Cohen in a press conference. I'm so sick of that crap even now. No one is asking them to be Homers but quit shitting on State and playing the game Ole Miss and others wants you to play.
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 11-13-2017 at 11:27 PM.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    We need to sell out Egg Bowl. Lots of tickets available

vCash
    Great post C-Dawg.