Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An explanation of logistics gameday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    thinking over how other places do it, the key seems to be giving people only one lane. no choice on where they're going until they are wayyyyy away from the stadium. and they have to have no stops on that route, no redlights or stop signs, so that's it's continuous flow and not stop and start traffic that gives you maybe 1/4 the flow rate. once you start giving people choices, the idiot and selfish drivers ruin it for everyone. take one look at the traffic egress plan with that in mind.

so, with that in mind, let's revisit my idea. every lot should have one and only one route out. some all the way down blackjack/octoc to 45. others out the old way to 25. others to 82. for one hour after the game. then all routes open up. pick your lot based on your exit route, or wait.
    That would help. So would making most routes off campus one way, both lanes. My son went to a game at Clemson this year. That's what he said they did and he said it was pretty smooth. That town is as small as Starkville. On the North side of campus it would really help if there was no eastbound traffic on 182 from 12 to the campus entrance and no west bound traffic from 82 to the campus entrance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    Dear word. Mimi. Stop it with this. It?s physics. Suspend the shuttles and the people who park farther away AND ARENT part of the problem are punished. The shuttles are the only thing that provide relief from the mass amount of cars. They move people quickly OUTWARD to places where the traffic isn?t.

Read my original post. Better yet just stop all together. You should stick to rumors about recruiting. You get a portion of those correct. When it comes to this you know nothing.

Amy Tuck will not solve a problem that has to do with 100000 people in a small area leaving at the same time. She is fantastic. She isn?t a magician.
    You must spread rep around before giving it gravedigger again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    **** AMY TUCK, former LT Governor, is who needs to be contacted... Yes, those parking passes need re-working.... I could walk home faster than getting in the traffic. Also, ALL shuttles should be suspended for 2 hours after a game to the City Routes.... ie all shuttles should run to the parking areas and not through the city.... As to the parking... it was an idiot that decided that they wanted a WALKING campus.... so guess what... less roads and parking lots.... Ask employees that cannot locate parking...
    Just when I think you have gotten to the tip of the iceberg, you prove me wrong. Rudolph needs help to get back to donner. what should we do? Call santa I suppose??

vCash
    I leave campus east on 182. I park on the fringe of campus. I stayed until 0:00 on the clock. Walked 1 mile or less to my vehicle and was on the road. I made it home (155 miles away) at 12:30. That even included food and gas stop in West Point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I leave campus east on 182. I park on the fringe of campus. I stayed until 0:00 on the clock. Walked 1 mile or less to my vehicle and was on the road. I made it home (155 miles away) at 12:30. That even included food and gas stop in West Point.
    Same here. I park for free on Lee Blvd for every game I go to, big crowd or not. I have never once had a problem getting out in a timely manner.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    That would help. So would making most routes off campus one way, both lanes. My son went to a game at Clemson this year. That's what he said they did and he said it was pretty smooth. That town is as small as Starkville. On the North side of campus it would really help if there was no eastbound traffic on 182 from 12 to the campus entrance and no west bound traffic from 82 to the campus entrance.
    Yeah, you shouldn't have traffic with a clear route to the bypass have an option to take 182 to the campus entrance, having to merge with that traffic going right to the other end of the bypass. Creates a chokepoint where there doesnt have to be one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I don't complain about the volume of traffic. That's to be expected. What I complain about are needed turns that are not allowed, and forced turns that send you out in the middle of nowhere (e.g., Blackjack to Stone, instead of continuing to Hwy 12). Even my nav system didn't know where I was after a while (literally).
    I wouldn't mind being sent into the middle of nowhere, since my GPS will guide me out, but I don't understand why when I leave my lot next to Lee Hall I get directed to turn left at the traffic light and weave back through campus instead of heading straight down to highway 182. It seems to me like they should send each lot to the quickest route off campus and let drivers choose which way to go from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I don't complain about the volume of traffic. That's to be expected. What I complain about are needed turns that are not allowed, and forced turns that send you out in the middle of nowhere (e.g., Blackjack to Stone, instead of continuing to Hwy 12). Even my nav system didn't know where I was after a while (literally).

They've gotten rid of one of the bottlenecks ... the golf carts. Now they need to keep people from walking in the middle of streets that are open to traffic, and realize that everybody doesn't need to go where they have you going.
    They won't send you back to Hwy 12 because it is a main artery out for people leaving the west side of campus headed west or southwest. They don't want to dump more people into an already bottlenecked area (Hwy 12/Blackjack/Spring St Intersection) so you can go against the flow of traffic to hit 82 and go east. That's going around your ass to get to your elbow. From the southside of campus - going east on Blackjack or Oktoc to Artesia is much easier way.

vCash
    I park in the research park and ride the shuttle there and back. Never had a problem and exiting is SUPER fast because you can easily hit the bypass out of the research park. The shuttles run pretty quickly typically. That being said, I didn't attend the Bama game so it may have been a cluster****.

ETA: Plus it seems there are always hot girls on the shuttle. It's always nice to have great views on the way to and fro. I'm still thinking of a pair of shorts from the UMass game...whew...