Thread: Mullen can leave with my blessings next year if we win the SECC..

vCash

Mullen can leave with my blessings next year if we win the SECC..

This is just before-the-fact grief bargaining, but if Dan can scale the SEC pinnacle next year, he would have a lot of bargaining power and could probably land his dream job. At this point though, there is no reason his dream job couldn't be becoming our version of Bobby Bowden or at least Frank Beamer.

In any case, Mullen isn't leaving this year.

He will get a nice raise and can play the field next year if he wants. And if he does head out after a dream season, he will have built a sustainable high level program in Starkville and we should be much more grateful for that than resentful of his departure.

(For a loss - Saturday night was a helluva lot of fun.)

vCash
    Why do ya'll think he is leaving? Why leave what he has built in SVegas. We will pay him $$.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Why do ya'll think he is leaving? Why leave what he has built in SVegas. We will pay him $$.
    IF he ever leaves, it won't be about money!!!!!

vCash
    When he said he was here to build championships, he wasn't just talking about the SEC championship. And once he wins the National, he certainly won't leave then. Has Saban left Alabama?

vCash
    Why do "our" fans feel compelled to do this? They own us as fans.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    This is just before-the-fact grief bargaining, but if Dan can scale the SEC pinnacle next year, he would have a lot of bargaining power and could probably land his dream job. At this point though, there is no reason his dream job couldn't be becoming our version of Bobby Bowden or at least Frank Beamer.

In any case, Mullen isn't leaving this year.

He will get a nice raise and can play the field next year if he wants. And if he does head out after a dream season, he will have built a sustainable high level program in Starkville and we should be much more grateful for that than resentful of his departure.

(For a loss - Saturday night was a helluva lot of fun.)
    I 100% agree. I think this is 'his' team next year, from the offensive line to Nick Fitzgerald. Mullen needs Fitzgerald and Fitzgerald needs him. The OL needs Hevesy and Hevesy needs them. Same with Grantham and the defense.

Secondly, there will be a lot of players headed to the NFL off that team, but a GREAT nucleus will be left for the next guy (if Mullen jumps). Key Thompson will succeed under just about any coach. AND, the class of 2018 in MS, of which we are dominating, will all be on campus. It'd be a great situation for us to make another great hire. And if Mullen stays, great. The class of 2019 is so deep, and Ole Miss will still be down, that we should get our share of those guys no matter what.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    IF he ever leaves, it won't be about money!!!!!
    If we are talking similar money (6 mil vs. 5 mil), no, it won't be. If someone dangles 8 million out there, then YES, it becomes about money. As it would with anyone.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    When he said he was here to build championships, he wasn't just talking about the SEC championship. And once he wins the National, he certainly won't leave then. Has Saban left Alabama?
    Alabama pays Saban 11 million dollars dude. Where is he going to go?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Why do "our" fans feel compelled to do this? They own us as fans.
    I agree.

vCash
    If he wins the SEC he will not be leaving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    He's 66 years old. Sooner or later he will be gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Yeah, if you win the SEC here, why leave after that? Odds are, if we win the SEC, we're in the playoff.

vCash
    This^^^^^

A SEC Championship win pretty much guarantees a top 4 playoff berth too.

I'm starting to believe we make the playoffs next year. If Dan takes us to a NC game he sure ain't leaving.

vCash
    It will be later Jack!

vCash
    "One can only hope so Jack"

Archimedes
    vCash
    The media has pissed Mullen off by sayinh he can't win a championship at state. He has his choice for AD now running the athletic department and a commitment in dollars to retain and hire the coaches he needs.

vCash
    I read something saying Saban had a big signing bonus this year that is included in that 11 Mil. His salary is supposed to go back down to "only" 8 Mil next year. I think Harbaugh makes around 7 Mil. I guess if Dan wins a National Title and someone comes after him then we will find out the truth about the Leo Seal money rumors. I definitely want to find out since it means we win a National Title. He is already led a team to the #1 ranking for the first time in the state of Mississippi's history. Sorry Landsharts, Oxford Home Journal rankings don't count. Dan is doing something for the State of MS that has never been done. Both of his kids were born here so at some point this becomes home. He hasn't lived in the Northeast for close to 20 years, I don't get why people are so sure he will move back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    "One can only hope so Jack"
    He might be a damn cyborg or something. I would say vampire but Bama plays too many games at 2:30 on CBS.

vCash
    If we are talking similar money (6 mil vs. 5 mil), no, it won't be. If someone dangles 8 million out there, then YES, it becomes about money. As it would with anyone.
    i repeat my original statement. IF he leaves it won't be about money. period