Thread: Chip Kelly to Florida?

vCash

Chip Kelly to Florida?

I heard a rumor that he might be their next head coach.

It makes sense to me because I firmly believe that Florida has their next head coach lined up- but they are keeping it quiet for now. That's the only explaination I can think of for how they have handled McElwain after what he has done there. Kelly isn't doing anything right now. He also has some connections to Urban Meyer as a member of the New Hampshire mafia- and runs an offense that has been successful there. Plus he has some NFL ties as well. He does have the show cause issue- but I think Florida would be willing to work through that to get him. And in their minds it has to be easier to recruit at Florida than Oregon- which is probably a correct assumption on their part.

So, it seems to make sense.

Plus I'm pretty sure Tennessee is going to go all in on the Jon Gruden train and they might do like Alabama did to Saban and just keep throwing money at him until he says "yes".

vCash
    His show cause has expired. Although the baggage will follow him and they will have to put a plan in place to make sure he stays out of trouble a second time.

vCash
    I don't get the Gruden stuff at Tennessee. He is going to be an epic failure there if he takes the job. He is exactly the opposite of what they need to be successful right now. Imagine that the 10 year, 10 million per year rumor is true....and they're 4 years in and no better off.....what do they do? It might be the final nail in the coffin of Tennessee football as we know it.

vCash
    Gruden has coached his last football game. He ain’t going to Tennessee. They might as well start stomaching the fact that Mike Norvell from Memphis will be their next coach.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Gruden has coached his last football game. He ain’t going to Tennessee. They might as well start stomaching the fact that Mike Norvell from Memphis will be their next coach.
    They could do a lot worse

vCash
    Urban isn’t in the New Hampshire mafia. Mullen is.

vCash
    Nor Elle will probably be at Arkansas next year.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    They could do a lot worse
    Could do a lot better also.

vCash

UT would be smart to go after Norvell before Bert gets canned at Upig.......

NT
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Kelly in that Florida culture would be something. He and Dan are pretty tight, so I'm not sure he'd want to go to Florida.

Banned
    vCash
    I agree it's a good hire. As weird as it sounds, there really are only a few schools that TRULY recruit themselves, and Florida is one of them. If the guy was able to assemble national championship talent at Oregon, he can do it at Florida. Speed everywhere and more brawn than he had up there.

I wouldn't take a chance on Frost if I could get Kelly, NCAA or not.

vCash
    The only pause some are having with Norvell is they are afraid that they hire another coat-tail coach. Two years right behind Fuente might be a little quick to determine if he is his own coach. The Butch Jones following Brian Kelly jobs is going to make them do extra work on Norvell. I think he is a good coach but I can understand wanting to see more than 2 years at a lower tier job.