Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something I would Like to Get off My Chest

vCash
    The guy took a wife and 4 kids under 12 to a football game. He obviously doesn't take football as seriously as some of us on here or he would have left them at home so he could actually watch the game.

vCash
    It could just be something like Grandma and Grandpa are Bammers. Maybe the wife married into MSU. One of my daughters is going to go to USM. Dont you know I'm still going to try to turn future grandchildren into little Bulldog pups? At least I'm my case it probably won't be hard because she is not much of a sports fan.

Y'all could be over thinking this.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    A lot of people don't take things as serious as we do on here. There's no way in hell any one of my kids will pull for anyone besides MSU because they will be brainwashed for the next 20 years about MSU athletics. Some people just don't give a shit that much. It is irritating, but it's not really any of my business.

vCash
    When I was 8 I cheered for ole miss against state once just to piss my dad off. After the game I egged it on and he whooped my ass with a belt and I have been a state fan ever since. True story....I miss my dad.

vCash
    Start wearing condom myself and castrate kids immediately.

vCash
    If you come from my loins and attend a State game with me you WILL wear maroon. There are no other options. I run a benevolent dictatorship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Mississippi natives that cheer for Bama or LSU, without connections, are trash imo.
    I agree with this 100%. No connection, stfu. Your opinion and fandom have zero value to me.

However I probably disagree with most of you in that I will not force my kid to be a State fan. I have one kid that is a State fan. She cried when time expired Saturday night. I felt terrible for her. I have another that could care less about football and will probably go to OM because all her HS friends are OM fans and she wants to study law.

The problem I have with this story is the fathers handling of the kids. I wouldn't allow my kids to be disrespectful in public or in private for that matter. However I may take Msu football way more serious than that guy.

vCash
    At least he won't have to pay for them on his dental plan.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I agree with this 100%. No connection, stfu. Your opinion and fandom have zero value to me.

However I probably disagree with most of you in that I will not force my kid to be a State fan. I have one kid that is a State fan. She cried when time expired Saturday night. I felt terrible for her. I have another that could care less about football and will probably go to OM because all her HS friends are OM fans and she wants to study law.

The problem I have with this story is the fathers handling of the kids. I wouldn't allow my kids to be disrespectful in public or in private for that matter. However I may take Msu football way more serious than that guy.
    I'm not going to force my kids to pull for State. I have just taken them to every single State event that I can at this point in their life and made it fun for them which makes them like State naturally. Like I said, some people don't give a shit who their kids pull for and that's fine. If you put forth effort to ensure they like your team (not force them) then there's an exceptionally high chance that they like your team and pull for them with you. It's how I bond with my kids.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    How do you know it was all one family and not maybe friends of the man's kids?

vCash
    I am torn on this issue. Forcing kids to like a team just sets them up to rebel later. I have twin 7 y/o daughters, obviously they are treated the same. One has dreams of going to State and going to vet school. The other won't utter the words "Hail State" 'cause her grandparents have brain washed her with "roll tide." I hate it but the more I try to bring her back from the dark side the more she resists. As a father though I hope that as they mature and schools become more important they use their heads to pick their schools and not their hearts. (MSU will win that in most categories)

vCash
    I had a friend (dead now) that was a State grad and was an avid bama fan. His younger brother even played baseball for State and went on to the pros. His brother couldn't figure it out either!

vCash
    Yep Jarius. My oldest may know where she wants to go to school but she was watching and pulling for the Bulldogs Saturday. She'll be wearing maroon on thanksgiving as well.

vCash
    Fandom is a strange, strange thing.

I grew up an UGA, my Dad is still a big UGA fan. Which was strange, because his whole family is GT - mainly because his brother played there.
    My BIL is a big UGA and Falcons fan. His teenage son likes Ole Miss, the Patriots, and Man U (that kid is the Devil). His daughter likes GT.

You just never know what is going to create an attachment.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bgover4 View Post
    I am torn on this issue. Forcing kids to like a team just sets them up to rebel later. I have twin 7 y/o daughters, obviously they are treated the same. One has dreams of going to State and going to vet school. The other won't utter the words "Hail State" 'cause her grandparents have brain washed her with "roll tide." I hate it but the more I try to bring her back from the dark side the more she resists. As a father though I hope that as they mature and schools become more important they use their heads to pick their schools and not their hearts. (MSU will win that in most categories)
    Her grandparents would be having a serious talk with me over that shit. Not saying that you should do that cause it's your business, but if anyone in my family tried to do that shit to my kids I would have a really big issue with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Her grandparents would be having a serious talk with me over that shit. Not saying that you should do that cause it's your business, but if anyone in my family tried to do that shit to my kids I would have a really big issue with it.
    Funny thing is, they are pretty neutral with State-Bama 'cause they sent me and my sister to State and my brother to Bama. Grandpa even wore a state shirt for the game this weekend because the game was played in Starkville. The kid just made up her mind and no one is gonna change it. Just how kids can be. In fact her # 2 team is Arkansas (the piggies in her words) and we have no tie to them. This coming weekend she will be dissappointed, but honestly I'm just proud that the kid can name all the schools in the SEC, their mascots and their colors and quiet a few of their coaches.
    Last edited by bgover4; 11-13-2017 at 11:50 AM.