Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hate to be that guy but I am gonna be that guy...

vCash
    Relax....we are going to beat the shit out of ole miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    If you want to be so strongly opinionated, you need to have some evidence or experience to back you up. I was on my way to posting a yearly list of our 'up' games and considered it a waste of time because we only average 2 or 3 per year.

Some of you are going to continue to ignore this near fact forever, to your own detriment. It's the nature of football. It's a tough sport, and momentum is a big part of it. Navigating this, and your home/away schedule, goes a long way into your W/L record. Saban is about the only coach that can maneuver around this and that's only because he's got the best players and consistently play at a B+/A- level. Normal teams have their few A games, then have to rely on talent the rest of the time.
    I "ignore" it because it's used as an excuse by some in our fan base to make an excuse for poor performance- and I think I was pretty clear about that. Yes "down" games happen but as I said Jackie seemed to coach that way and that's not a good way to be to maximize your potential. And I'm pretty sure Dan Mullen agrees with me. In fact, Jackie is pretty much the only coach I have ever heard say anything like that.

I remember Coach Justice in high school after we beat Vicksburg 17-14 and had to come from behind to do it in miracle fashion say "To go undefeated you are going to have to win a close game at some point". That's a MUCH better attitude to have than "well, we can only emotionally get up for three games".

And there is PLENTY of evidence during Jackie's tenure even during some of his best seasons that his philosophy on that was flawed and IMO held us back some. You can't build respect for your program if you beat Alabama but also lose to 2-9 LSU by 35. People are going to think that the win over Alabama was a fluke. There are multiple blowouts, losses to teams like Troy and Northeast Louisiana that show that his philopsophy is flawed. Dan has pretty much eliminated the non-power 5 losses essentially. Yes, we've gotten blown out a few times but at a much less frequency than Jackie and most of those are probably from Alabama and Saban if I had to guess without looking. And I don't remember Dan getting blown out by a non top 25 team off the top of my head.

vCash
    We should never sleep on a SEC team. Ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    We should never sleep on a SEC team. Ever.
    People quickly forgot about that UMass game two weeks ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Patterson was putting up big numbers coming into the Egg Bowl last year and we beat them 55-20 with Sirmon. I feel pretty good about putting this year?s defense out there.
    One thing that does concern me about home Egg Bowls is our senior recognition is pretty emotional with both Megan and Dan on the field. I think it affected Dak a lot in 2015 and helped Arkansas jump on us early last year and we could never recover. I would like to see that done a little earlier so the players could go back in and regroup some before kickoff.
    If that's your concern sleep easy. We don't have enough seniors playing to impact the game negatively for us to lose.

vCash
    ONE GAME AT A TIME

vCash

This X1000!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    For me it's either I really love some things that Jackie did or I absolutely hate them. Overall I liked him but I like Dan overall better.

LOVED Jackie's massive o-lines, two running back systems with Davis/Bouie, Dontae/Dicenzo, etc., Joe Lee Dunn pre-2001, emphasis on special teams, the Mad Dawgs (We need to bring them back), and calling Ole Miss Mississippi while calling Billy Brewer a habitual liar and giving MSU fans confidence and something to cheer about.

HATED Jackie's QB development or lack thereof, lack of team discipline during games on both sides of the ball, firing Bruce Arians, punting to Derek Abney over and over, bowl preparation or lack thereof, not being able to beat crappy LSU teams ever except 1999, and inexplicable losses to people like Troy and blowout losses to people like LSU.

Edit to say I HATED the we can only get up for three games mantra and still do.
    Thanks Todd

vCash
    We got the backs to along with Fitz to control these games. Our Defense needs to keep it up. Just take it one game at a time. One game at a time.

vCash
    DBAP.

We bout to roll both their asses. We'll Rush for 700 yards over five days.

We've lost three games to three top 10 (maybe top 5) teams.

We've beaten the hell out of everyone else we've played. We'll have 1000 yards of offense that week. No way Grantham's D let's them keep up.
    Last edited by Bulldogg31; 11-13-2017 at 08:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogg31 View Post
    DBAP.

We bout to roll both their asses. We'll Rush for 700 yards over five days.

We've lost three games to three top 10 (maybe top 5) teams.

We've beaten the hell out of everyone else we've played. We'll have 1000 yards of offense that week. No way Grantham's D let's them keep up.
    THIS! Right now our football team isn't sad and moping they are ****ing pissed!! It's on twitter, instagram, folks are talking. Not only is this team focused they are ****ing angry.

It's going to be a slaughter. Thursday night at the Egg Bowl is going to be an electric crowd because our fans are angry also.