Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hate to be that guy but I am gonna be that guy...

Banned
    vCash

Hate to be that guy but I am gonna be that guy...

we need to chill a little on the 9-3 talk. Team needs to be every bit as fired up and then some to play Ole Miss as they were to play Bama last night. Rebels new QB is putting up stupid video game numbers since he took over and our secondary is still Into The Great Wide Open. msstate7's boy is gonna be fired the **** up to play us and their entire team and fanbase is drooling at a shot to wreck our season. There is an all out war coming in two weeks and we better be ready to NCAA assault the Rebels if we want to finish regular season 9-3 (shouldn't look past Arkansas either as they didn't punt one time vs us last year and Allen is back, I realize that wasn't Grantham's defense). This season will be a total shitburger if we don't win these last two games. Just saying. The two biggest games of the year are our next two games. Win those and then let's jerk off to Citrus Bowl talk. End of my cool story.

vCash
    Completely agree.

If our players want to be better than Bama then you have to play like Bama every Saturday.

You can't just pick & choose when you will play well. It has to become a habit & you must hold yourself to a standard.

Last night showed me that Dan Mullen can win a national title at MSU. We went toe to toe with the most talented team in America with no gimmicks, no tricks, & pure smash mouth football. Playing the way we did last night with some slight talent upgrades at WR & DB, give us a chance to beat anyone in America.

However, what makes Bama Bama is that they do it every weekend & that is what we have to show the next two weeks.

Championship programs play like champions every week. Our guys have got to find a way to put last night behind them, get, focused, & knock the hell out of Arkansas next Saturday morning.

vCash
    I don't think either game is a certainty. Should we win? Yeah. But next week scares me to death just because of what we are coming off of last night. The egg bowl anything can happen. Even the worse team winning. Never take that for granted.

vCash
    In no way am I saying we have 9-3 sewn up, but take a look at common opponents for us vs our next 2 opponents. We are just a hell of a lot better team than both of them. If we can run the ball for 174 on what was the #1 rush defense in the country (#3 now) and held the ball all night, imagine what we do to ark (#94 rush defense) and OM (#126). We are going to absolutely obliterate their front 7s. Relax, we got this

vCash
    I pretty much think we will burn clock up in both games with our running game. Neither can stop the run and we have a damn good run game. I know Bama had some LB out but that isn't the reason our line was knocking their D line three and four yards back.

Both Sharts and pigs are good match up for us. I have a feeling Pigs are done. It will be feast time Saturday. The proof is the QB getting back to Arkansas and getting arrested. If he has checked out then I suspect most of the other team members have. Also H5-o hasn't faced a good Defense yet.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 11-12-2017 at 08:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    In no way am I saying we have 9-3 sewn up, but take a look at common opponents for us vs our next 2 opponents. We are just a hell of a lot better team than both of them. If we can run the ball for 174 on what was the #1 rush defense in the country (#3 now) and held the ball all night, imagine what we do to ark (#94 rush defense) and OM (#126). We are going to absolutely obliterate their front 7s. Relax, we got this
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Completely agree.

If our players want to be better than Bama then you have to play like Bama every Saturday.

You can't just pick & choose when you will play well. It has to become a habit & you must hold yourself to a standard.

Last night showed me that Dan Mullen can win a national title at MSU. We went toe to toe with the most talented team in America with no gimmicks, no tricks, & pure smash mouth football. Playing the way we did last night with some slight talent upgrades at WR & DB, give us a chance to beat anyone in America.

However, what makes Bama Bama is that they do it every weekend & that is what we have to show the next two weeks.

Championship programs play like champions every week. Our guys have got to find a way to put last night behind them, get, focused, & knock the hell out of Arkansas next Saturday morning.

The only way you can play like Bama every week is be Bama. Bama can't be up for every game, but Bama normaly has better players than other teams so they can win that way. This was a big emotional loss and it's difficult to get up the next week for a game. I would hope that we could beat ARK, with better talent and coaching and then be really fired up when OM comes in. Teams being able to turn on a switch and just be up for every game is just not reality. JWS has said that many times.

vCash
    Not saying the players can just show up and win. We had better be prepared, but those numbers were against some of the worse passing defenses and/or some of the worse total defenses in the country. And wasn't that the same thing as last year? Now way we win because our pass defense is so bad, right? They need to play with intensity and be sound. UNM will get yards through the air because they normally do against most every team except Bama and LSU this year.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 11-12-2017 at 08:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I pretty much think we will burn clock up in both games with our running game. Neither can stop the run and we have a damn good run game. I know Bama had some LB out but that isn't the reason our line was knocking their D line three and four yards back.

Both Sharts and pigs are good match up for us. I have a feeling Pigs are done. It will be feast time Saturday. The proof is the QB getting back to Arkansas and getting arrested. If he has checked out then I suspect most of the other team members have. Also H5-o hasn't faced a good Defense yet.

Fitz said it was game planned specifically for Bama, in his post game comments, but I imagine it could be back on the table, especially for the OM game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    The only way you can play like Bama every week is be Bama. Bama can't be up for every game, but Bama normaly has better players than other teams so they can win that way. This was a big emotional loss and it's difficult to get up the next week for a game. I would hope that we could beat ARK, with better talent and coaching and then be really fired up when OM comes in. Teams being able to turn on a switch and just be up for every game is just not reality. JWS has said that many times.
    No excuses

This program is building towards a championship style of football. To do that, the expectations & standards must be raised.

Although there are all the reasons in the world to have a let down game next weekend (I get it) everyone in this program from the players, coaches, & fans have to demand all week that that does not happen. Our players took to twitter last night saying they were better than Bama. Well.... lets see it. No excuses & I don't expect anyone here to make them either.

vCash
    OM's new QB has faced:

123rd ranked D
    75th ranked D
    90th ranked D
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    One game at a time.

I can admit to looking past Arkansas.

That Egg Bowl... No way Dak loses his last Egg Bowl, right? Now way Bo Wallace wins his last Egg Bowl on one leg and a patchwork OL, right? The Egg Bowl is never ever a given.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    One game at a time.

That Egg Bowl... No way Dak loses his last Egg Bowl, right? Now way Bo Wallace wins his last Egg Bowl on one leg and a patchwork OL, right? The Egg Bowl is never ever a given.
    2014 were evenly matched teams. 2015 they were better by a good bit. 2017 is not evenly matched teams at all

vCash
    No excuses

This program is building towards a championship style of football. To do that, the expectations & standards must be raised.

Although there are all the reasons in the world to have a let down game next weekend (I get it) everyone in this program from the players, coaches, & fans have to demand all week that that does not happen. Our players took to twitter last night saying they were better than Bama. Well.... lets see it. No excuses & I don't expect anyone here to make them either.
    Right. We find out Saturday if we are ready to step up to next level. Lose a game like that and respond by beating the snot out of the rest of your opponents. That?s how you respond if you?re building a elite program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    One game at a time.

I might get thrashed for saying this but Umass is a better team then Arkansas and we manage to pull it out playing flat. Wasn't like the crowd noise was a factor in us winning. Better coaching and talent that got their head out of their asses at half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    OM's new QB has faced:

123rd ranked D
    75th ranked D
    90th ranked D
    Yep and the crappy crappy pig defense shut him down the whole second half and even uk held them in check to a degree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    OM's new QB has faced:

123rd ranked D
    75th ranked D
    90th ranked D
    Jesus thank you. I’m so sick of hearing about Bruno Mars and how great of a QB he is. Some of y’all need to take his dick out of your mouth.

vCash
    No excuses

I want an SEC West Championship and a National Championship as much as anybody else but I think some of your expectations are a little unrealsitic On just shaking things off and being up for the ARK game, I hope they can! I believe Jackie said you can get up for maybe 4 games a year and have maybe 2 letdown games and the let down games and the other games you have to win with better players and coaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I want an SEC West Championship and a National Championship as much as anybody else but I think some of your expectations are a little unrealsitic On just shaking things off and being up for the ARK game, I hope they can! I believe Jackie said you can get up for maybe 4 games a year and have maybe 2 letdown games and the let down games and the other games you have to win with better players and coaching.
    Nothing is unrealistic. Stop making excuses.

vCash
    Completely agree.

THIS 100%.

I don't expect us to win a National Championship every year- but if we come out with this attitude we will give ourselves a chance to maximize our talent and further our program beyond what many of our fans expected or dreamed of. All I really ask is that we win the games we're supposed to- Dan has done that at probably over 90% which is acceptable to me- and then in the games against the SEC bluebloods play as hard as we can and give ourselves a chance to win- last night was acceptable. We won't win every game against every blueblood- but we will give ourselves a good chance at pulling it off from time to time.

Our fans are scarred from Jackie and his "you can only get up for three games theory". That may or may not be true- but the problem is he coached like that. And you can't do that- that's how you beat Alabama and Ole Miss and then lose to Louisiana Tech and Kentucky in the same season. Or beat Alabama and Auburn but lose to a 3 win LSU team by 35 and an average Arkansas team. Dan is a better coach than that- and that's why I love some of the things he does like "We don't lose to Kentucky". That sets the tone and expectation and raises awareness and intensity just enough that it's only happened once in his tenure even though they aren't a rival. And that was with a Sirmon defense and on a long field goal at the end of the game.

I think this loss could have an opposite effect too though- it may make our guys more focused on what they need to do to get to the Alabama level and more confidence in themselves than ever. And based on the stats I could totally see us tearing Arkansas and Ole Miss a new one on the ground. I'm sure we'll give up a few bombs to both of them but it is what it is at this point. We should be good enough to play well enough to beat both of them.