Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post game traffic flow

vCash

Post game traffic flow

Well, this has to be the most idiotic exit traffic flow I've ever seen anywhere. Left our parking lot, wanting to go east to Columbus. Went around President's Circle, intending to turn left between the library and med center. Nope ... had to turn right to Blackjack. Turned right there, intending to go to Hwy 12, then around to 82. Nope, had to turn left on Stone. It went somewhere out in the sticks. Eventually there was a sign saying "To 82". It just didn't say it was 30 miles away. Made another left turn on to Octoc (?). Went further out into the sticks and over the roughest paved road I've ever seen. Eventually got to Hwy 45 after maybe 15 miles. Had to go north, then get on 82 to Columbus.

Surely somebody could come up with a better traffic flow than that. If I miss the OM game it won't be because of the team ... it'll be the ridiculous traffic after the game.

vCash
    Don't stop believing.

vCash
    Is controled by incompetent morons!

vCash
    Park off campus. I walk about a mile to my car. Most games, I get in and then drive home. Today when everybody leaves at once, it took me 30 minutes to get from my car to the highway leaving Starkville.

I used to have an on-campus parking permit. A night like tonight would have taken my 2.5 HOURS to get off campus.

vCash
    I have been everywhere in the SEC and I would honestly say ours is the worst in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I have been everywhere in the SEC and I would honestly say ours is the worst in the league.
    Welp. It’s one of the smallest campuses. And its had roads removed to make it more of a pedestrian campus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Welp. It’s one of the smallest campuses. And its had roads removed to make it more of a pedestrian campus.
    I figured we actually were one of the larger ones if you included all of the farm land?

Anyway A&M and Arkansas both have FREE shuttles that run much more smoothly than the pay 20 bucks and park thing we do. If I'm going to spend 20 bucks to park the least they could do is get more people directing traffic.

vCash
    I figured we actually were one of the larger ones if you included all of the farm land?

Anyway A&M and Arkansas both have FREE shuttles that run much more smoothly than the pay 20 bucks and park thing we do. If I'm going to spend 20 bucks to park the least they could do is get more people directing traffic.
    CORRECT
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Welp. It’s one of the smallest campuses.
    It’s actually the largest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    CORRECT
    We do have shuttles. Park down town. The shuttle picks up in front of regions Bank and they are free.

vCash
    MSU is the largest A&M campus.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Yeah, Baton Rouge is atrocious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    We do have shuttles. Park down town. The shuttle picks up in front of regions Bank and they are free.
    I love my parking pass because it?s so close to our tent but if I didn?t have it I would use the shuttles. With the roads closed on game day and over 70,000 people on campus there is no way to quickly get them out of the relatively small area in which they are parked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Yeah, Baton Rouge is atrocious.
    Agree. Baton Rouge seems like even when there aren't games though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Well, this has to be the most idiotic exit traffic flow I've ever seen anywhere. Left our parking lot, wanting to go east to Columbus. Went around President's Circle, intending to turn left between the library and med center. Nope ... had to turn right to Blackjack. Turned right there, intending to go to Hwy 12, then around to 82. Nope, had to turn left on Stone. It went somewhere out in the sticks. Eventually there was a sign saying "To 82". It just didn't say it was 30 miles away. Made another left turn on to Octoc (?). Went further out into the sticks and over the roughest paved road I've ever seen. Eventually got to Hwy 45 after maybe 15 miles. Had to go north, then get on 82 to Columbus.

Surely somebody could come up with a better traffic flow than that. If I miss the OM game it won't be because of the team ... it'll be the ridiculous traffic after the game.
    The problem is mainly allowing traffic to come onto campus after a game. ALL lanes should be out going. Also 4 way stops are better than cops or redlights. And the roads are roads, NOT sidewalks. Get out of the damn road if you are walking
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    The problem is mainly allowing traffic to come onto campus after a game. ALL lanes should be out going. Also 4 way stops are better than cops or redlights. And the roads are roads, NOT sidewalks. Get out of the damn road if you are walking
    A pedestrian bridge at 12 and Russell St similar to the on university would help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    A pedestrian bridge at 12 and Russell St similar to the on university would help.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Park off campus. I walk about a mile to my car. Most games, I get in and then drive home. Today when everybody leaves at once, it took me 30 minutes to get from my car to the highway leaving Starkville.

I used to have an on-campus parking permit. A night like tonight would have taken my 2.5 HOURS to get off campus.
    I got into my truck at 10:03 last night. I got home at 12:30. I live in Starkville.

vCash
    I left immediately at the end of the game. Was home in flowood at 11:45.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post

That is actually a pretty good way to get off campus.
    Downvotes_Hype