Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mullen Watch Time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He's at or near the top of their list. This isn't new info. If he doesn't go there it won't be because of some slive rule that doesn't exist, it will be because he doesn't want it. Obviously, we have some anxious administrators, but we will be prepared either way. This won't be the last job that chases him and sooner or later he will bolt, just part of it. But ut isn't the job it once was for sure.
    Why do people say he will bolt sooner or later? It may happen and the chances of him doing that are higher than him staying until he retires. However I don?t remember Beamer bolting from VT for another job.

vCash
    What a disappointing thread. I thought this was about whether Dan wears a Rolex, Seiko, or Timex!***** Seriously, my love for Dan and what he has done and continues to do is reaching "Jackie" territory for me. You become family at State and Dan is family. Hope he and his family are here for many more years. Hail State!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdDawg View Post
    Why do people say he will bolt sooner or later? It may happen and the chances of him doing that are higher than him staying until he retires. However I don?t remember Beamer bolting from VT for another job.
    In general, I agree. People say that because it qualifies their opinion, because most people are so conditioned to think we can't have nice things at State.

Problem is, Mullen has flirted before, and he's not from here. So it's not hard to assume. But, I personally think it'd have to be a perfect fit, not just what some snarky sportwriters consider 'better'. now, if Scott Stricklin was still here, I have no doubt that Mullen would be headed out. Mullen and Cohen and Keenum are all on the same page, about everything.

Tennessee is not that perfect fit. Georgia, Florida State or Penn State are. I think he'd go to Notre Dame too.

vCash
    Megan Hates Orange. She says, "It is butt ugly!"

Dan is no fool. He wants to keep his main squeeze happy and she likes Maroon and Golf in West Point. Neither are much of an option at TN.

This isn't a money thing for him. It has to do with finishing a project he started.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Slive rule
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    One of the reasons people say that Mullen will leave is because he's not from here. That insinuates this isn't home to him. My question is if this isn't home, what is? Dan Mullen is 45 years old. Between high school and Mississippi State he didn't live anywhere longer than four years. In his adult life Starkville is more of a home than anywhere he has lived. His kids are being raised here. His wife likes it here. I realize that he grew up in the northeast but if one of his main desires was to move back to that area he would have done it by now.
    Coach Mullen may leave Mississippi State but if he does I think one of the struggles for him will be deciding to leave home.

vCash
    I seriously don’t think he is leaving before he wins at least the West here. I’m not sure he will then either. Most of this “flirting” he has supposedly done in the past is a work of fiction from sources up the road. Why we insist on helping their creative process is a mystery to me.

vCash
    In years past he may have left for a Penn State or Notre Dame, but at this point I think if he leaves it'll be for the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I seriously don’t think he is leaving before he wins at least the West here. I’m not sure he will then either. me.
    Folks need to hear his post game talk with Neil Price. He very much said "we" in Reference to himself and MSU. He said that he promised MSU a championship and he was going to deliver that. He very much sounded like a guy "at home" and very motivated to provide what he promised to his house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I just spent about an hour reading a Mullen thread at Volnation.com, it was 65 pages. The vast majority of their posters felt like Mullen was not good enough for UT.
    Peter Edmiston (sports 56, Vol lover) said this morning He questions if Dan is good enough for a "big time program like Florida and Tennessee." He was Monday morning QBing the punt at 4:30 in the 4th quarter and basically said milking the clock wasn't big time coaching.

This is a perfect example of what he would deal with at UT. He wouldn't be hired to improve the program. He would be hired to beat Alabama and Florida and win a NC. Lose to Bama and UF won't be tolerated more than one season.