Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat Forde with his thoughts on our game..

vCash
    The 4th in 3 was huge. Our best defense was our offense staying on the field. With better receivers and a better and more experienced secondary next year I like our chances on the road. Proud of the players. They fought for 60 minutes.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Actually I thought the most Mullen thing would have been to go for it that early and is miss it. He didn't and I was extremely happy. We lose to Bama because we lose the field position game. We didn't last night and that's why we had a chance. We played sound football and didn't take risks to win.

Basically we didn't have to do anything gimmicky to have a shot. We played that game straight the hell up and went toe to toe with the best team in the country. That's why I'm proud. We did nothing out of the ordinary and should have won
    I was fine with not going for it in the first quarter not so much in the fourth. In the fourth quarter it was becoming obvious our defense was wearing down and Alabama was getting the momentum. THAT fourth down WAS the time to go for broke and try to regain the lead and put the pressure back on Bama. Even if we hadn't made it Bama still had 60 yards to cover. Given the poor punt we only ended up netting an extra 20 yards in field position anyway. No guts no glory. Can't be timid when you are trying to knock out the champ.

vCash
    Had we converted the 4th and 3 Bama’s defense would have been demoralized. We might have scored but for certain we would have run off more clock.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Dantzler should be solid next year and Peters a year older. If Sweat is smart and returns to raise his draft stock- our front will be so damn good it will mask their defiencies even more than we have this year
    Agreed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We weren't in man for Ridley's 1st long catch. We just can't match up with them in the Secondary. Worry about that in big games next season as well
    His first long catch was illegal touching, no doubt about it. Steve Shaw was a good official one of the best I've seen work in the SEC, but as a whole the league is poorly and homerly officiated.

vCash
    Both decisions to punt were the right calls. You can't risk giving Bama the all at midfield there.

What I've not seen mentioned is Cooke punted the last one in the end zone. You have to make them start at their 10 there and, with a minute left, they prob play for ot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah the 4th quarter punt was the bad one. We only gained 12 yards by punting it into the end zone. And our defense was not getting off the field at that point.
    We gained 22 yards. Not 12.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    We gained 22 yards. Not 12.
    You?re right I was thinking they got it at 25 instead of the 20.

vCash

4th Quarter 4th & 3

Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    The 4th and 3 in the fourth I was screaming for us to go for it our D was gassed and was obvious that we wouldn't be able to contain like we had all game.
    I was hoping we would go for it. Had we made it, I believe we would have scored a TD, burned clock, made a 2 score separation and won the game. We absolutely needed to keep the ball out of Hurt's hands.