Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arkansas

vCash
    What makes y'all think Arkansas will show up? From their other performances this season?

vCash
    I have no problem playing at 1100 this time because we are the away team, playing in a place we don't normally play well at, and play Thursday night. Let's come out focused and steam roll Bert and his pigs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    The pigs have quit, the games at 11, tickets are selling for 5$, there will be no crowd for them and our team and coaches are pissed off after last night. I look for a uk like whooping. Arky defense is painfully slow, I mean painfully slow.
    I thought we would beat them bad in 2000, also. They were beat up, playing a 3rd string QB, just fired their DC after Tennessee beat them 63-14. We had beaten the good SEC teams-Florida, Auburn and Alabama. Guess what? They beat us at home and knocked us out the SECW championship. Sherrill didn't have his team prepared to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I thought we would beat them bad in 2000, also. They were beat up, playing a 3rd string QB, just fired their DC after Tennessee beat them 63-14. We had beaten the good SEC teams-Florida, Auburn and Alabama. Guess what? They beat us at home and knocked us out the SECW championship. Sherrill didn't have his team prepared to play.
    Again, this team has nothing to do about years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    Get the lead quick and run the ball. Control the clock like we did against Bama.
    Yep, run the ball and force their defense to stop us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I have no problem playing at 1100 this time because we are the away team, playing in a place we don't normally play well at, and play Thursday night. Let's come out focused and steam roll Bert and his pigs
    Our admin/coaching staff actually wanted the 11 o'clock time just because we play on Thursday night....every little bit of time to rest and prepare is good...

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    The 11:00 time slot helps us in more than one way this week. The biggest thing is it gets us back home at a decent hour going into a short week with OM. They are at home so they won't have to travel at all. If we had played at 6:00 or 7:00, it would have been early morning before we had gotten back home. Back up the next day prepping for OM. Now, we get back in time to go to bed at a normal hour and be rested going into the next day. The time slot also works against the hog fan support just like it did for us against UMass. I can't imagine much energy from their side all around.

I was pulling for the 11:00 time slot all week. You should have been too.

vCash
    I expect the Hog fan support to be tepid. I've heard word that Fat Bert will go ahead and get the axe after our game if it's a skull dragging. The stadium will be half full at most and if we go up 21-0 by middle of the second quarter that stadium will become a ghost town by third quarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Again, this team has nothing to do about years ago.
    I'm well aware of that. I'm just saying that if a team goes out and thinks this is going to be a pushover game and we don't need to give an all out effort, the likelihood of defeat significantly increases. I think that's what happened in 2000.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I'm well aware of that. I'm just saying that if a team goes out and thinks this is going to be a pushover game and we don't need to give an all out effort, the likelihood of defeat significantly increases. I think that's what happened in 2000.
    I'm betting Mullen will have this team ready, he seems to have their number. We are a much improved program, times have changed and Mullen's success proves it. I think most don't realize how driven Mullen really is, maybe I should say motivated.
    Not sure we will be at our best but we are way more physical than the Hogs, we should be fine controlling the LOS on both sides.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    The 11:00 time slot helps us in more than one way this week. The biggest thing is it gets us back home at a decent hour going into a short week with OM. They are at home so they won't have to travel at all. If we had played at 6:00 or 7:00, it would have been early morning before we had gotten back home. Back up the next day prepping for OM. Now, we get back in time to go to bed at a normal hour and be rested going into the next day. The time slot also works against the hog fan support just like it did for us against UMass. I can't imagine much energy from their side all around.

And UM has to play A&M with a good pass rush. Hopefully, A&M puts a hurt on some guys and we get to rest Fitz some in the 2nd half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Jackie Sherrill doesn't coach here anymore.
    So? Doesnt matter. Bama plays flat just as much as we do and they have Nick Saban as a coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post

I didn't even think about it being a Thursday game. Good point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    The pigs have quit, the games at 11, tickets are selling for 5$, there will be no crowd for them and our team and coaches are pissed off after last night. I look for a uk like whooping. Arky defense is painfully slow, I mean painfully slow.

There is no way we won't be ready for this game. I think we will put up 50 points on these guys. I see Dan and the guys stepping up to an entirely new level of intensity for the rest of this year, and then even more so in the bowl game.

What we saw against Bama was not a fluke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MeridianDog View Post
    There is no way we won't be ready for this game. I think we will put up 50 points on these guys. I see Dan and the guys stepping up to an entirely new level of intensity for the rest of this year, and then even more so in the bowl game.

What we saw against Bama was not a fluke
    Agree completely!