Thread: Only a couple of thing I wish Dan had done different

vCash

Only a couple of thing I wish Dan had done different

He had a great plan to keep us in the game with Bama. But when playing Bama you have to take a few chances when you have the chance. The first chance was when they ran into the kicker. IMHO we should have took points off the board and had the ball on the 2 or 3 and tried to score a TD. If we failed they would have been on their on goal line. Then late on a fourth and 4 we punted into the end zone. If we are going to beat them we should have gone for it. Playing it safe won't beat the Gumps.

vCash
    The first one I agree with keeping the points on the board, if we decline it would have 4th and 3, If we don't get that we are only up 4. Second point I agree with you 4 th and 3 on your 37 or 38, should have gone for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustries View Post
    The first one I agree with keeping the points on the board, if we decline it would have 4th and 3, If we don't get that we are only up 4. Second point I agree with you 4 th and 3 on your 37 or 38, should have gone for it.
    Right, but you are playing Bama, it is not a game for the timid. If you don't make it you have to think you can hold them and get the ball back in great field,position.

vCash
    I wonder if not getting it on 4th and short against UMass inflienced his decision. The main thing I didn't like was the QB draw on 3rd and 7 with less than two minutes left. It had no chance of working and it allowed Alabama to get the ball back with a minute left. Throw the ball and give us a chance to covert.