Thread: 2 Big Plays....

vCash

2 Big Plays....

I keep re-watching that 3rd and final timeout by Dan on the third down, and it appears Mclaurin easily has the sack or at least will contact Hurts, but hears the whistle and pulls up and runs by Hurts. The play would have sent the game into OT...will never know what woulda coulda happened....

The other is the field goal to start the 4th, they ran into the kicker and with the penalty it would have been 4th and 1. I think Dan should have went for it, with the way the line was working all night, I'm fine with living and dying trying to get 1 yard to potentially put the game away

Oh well just my observations...like the rest of you I'm just sick of Bama, and State could have won this game, not many games against Bama you can say that

Banned
    vCash
    Agree 100% on #2.

vCash
    Number two is a tough call because it means it takes two scores to beat you. I️ probably would have gone for it though and take the chance

vCash
    To me the big play was when they went for it on 4th down and green was standing right where Hurts ran and just left the area for no real reason

vCash
    The play that bothers me was the QB run on 3rd and I think 7 in the fourth quarter with about a minute left. Throw the ball and give us a chance to convert.

vCash
    I could be wrong here, but wouldn't the penalty been half the distance as opposed to 5 yards? That's the difference 4th & 1 (go for it) and 4th & 3 (probably not).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The play that bothers me was the QB run on 3rd and I think 7 in the fourth quarter with about a minute left. Throw the ball and give us a chance to convert.
    Looked like Mullen didn't know whether he wanted to go for the win or play for overtime. Before 2nd down players were looking to the sideline like "what are we doing?" We had the ball at home with 2 minutes. Should've run the 2-minute drill and gone for the win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    I could be wrong here, but wouldn't the penalty been half the distance as opposed to 5 yards? That's the difference 4th & 1 (go for it) and 4th & 3 (probably not).
    That’s a good question

vCash
    I believe the first down marker was at the 2 or 3, so it wasn't 4th and goal, doesn't the half the distance only apply to goal situations? I may be wrong as well

vCash
    Game also changed in the 4th when apparently the Bama offensive staff told them hold the crap out of everybody. We were getting some penetration with the base sets early and on those sweeps you couldn’t even see half our guys as they were getting bearhigges and the wr on the edge were giving our dubs purple nurples

vCash
    Looked like Mullen didn't know whether he wanted to go for the win or play for overtime. Before 2nd down players were looking to the sideline like "what are we doing?" We had the ball at home with 2 minutes. Should've run the 2-minute drill and gone for the win.
    Yep Mullen went indecisive and that second down play was all jacked up and we’re lucky it wasn’t an int

vCash
    This. Mullen played it safe on the last drive. Great game plan all night. But he didn't want to lose it there. The 2nd down call was not good.

vCash
    4th 3 not 1. Why throw it anywhere but sideline. Run Fitz to wide end on second down. Worked first half

vCash
    Yes

vCash
    The plays that bother me...

1- the hat on the ground where bama wr ran out of bounds and came back in for a td catch.

2- dropped pass by Thomas. Was a lot of yards gained

3- the pull off the pattern by our wr. Should have been a TD
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    been the story in our losses. Failure to make a few big plays or a huge official mistake and the other team making a number of explosive plays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The plays that bother me...

1- the hat on the ground where bama wr ran out of bounds and came back in for a td catch.

2- dropped pass by Thomas. Was a lot of yards gained

3- the pull off the pattern by our wr. Should have been a TD
    We forced the WR out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    We forced the WR out
    We bumped him but did NOT force him oob.